Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1
- tip 9 Freeze overripe bananas until you have enough to make this luscious banana bread. Just pop them, peel and all, into the freezer. They can stay there for up to 3 months!
- tip 10 Grease and flour your pans before pouring the batter into them, and you’ll have a lot less of a mess to clean up afterward. To grease them properly, your pans need to be sprayed with a good layer of cooking spray and then tossed with 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour until all sides of each pan are coated with flour. Gently tap out any excess flour. Your pans are now ready for the batter and baking!
Other Options For Cake Mix Banana Muffins
Yellow cake mix has got to be my favorite flavor. Its so versatile and I love the taste of it. Theres so many things that you can make with it and yellow cake mix recipes always turn out great for me. However, you actually dont have to use yellow cake mix. You can also use:
- chocolate cake mix
- Top these muffins with streusel.
- Mix in cinnamon or vanilla extract for more flavor.
- Add nuts, semisweet chocolate chips, or blueberries!
Also, you can easily make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free cake mix or make it sugar free by using sugar free cake mix!
I love how versatile and easily adaptable this recipe is.
How Do You Adjust Cooking Time For Mini Loaf Pans
Here is how to adjust the time for your mini shoe. A half hour earlier should be checked with a dark mini loaf pan of medium size. It takes up to 25 minutes for some recipes. Due to the differences in size and number of loaves, the cooking time between eight-loaf linking pans is similar to that of jumbo muffins.
You May Like: Does Sam’s Club Do Custom Cakes
How Do You Know If Banana Bread Is Undercooked
Before you take your banana bread out of the oven, be sure to check to see if its cooked so you can avoid having to deal with an uncooked center in the load. You can use a toothpick, knife, or skewer to check.
Insert it into the center of the load and if it comes out clean or with just a crumb or two on it, your banana bread loaf should be completely cooked! Youre also looking for an internal temperature of about 200°F 205°F.
More Quick Bread Recipes
Deliciously sweet loaves bread! you will love these recipes.
- If you want to make your banana bread from scratch give my banana bread recipe a try I even give a whole wheat banana bread version. I love tossing in a few chocolate chips!
- If you too like chocolate and banana these chocolate chip banana muffins are another family favorite.
- We love quick bread at our house and another all-time favorite is pumpkin bread. This bread is so moist! You will never need another recipe.
- Next on my list to try is this chocolate zucchini bread.
- Amish Friendship bread is another quick bread that well isnt too quick, but is a fun way to share with friends.
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins make for yummy snacks! Muffins are such easy options for breakfast, snacks, and dessert.
These breads make perfect snack cakes. You can also turn them into a meal too. Whip up this quiche recipe add a yummy bread and fresh fruit and you have a perfect breakfast.
These cake mix snickerdoodle cookies start with a cake mix and are so easy to make.
You May Like: Wedding Cake Ladder For Above Ground Pool
How To Get The Kids Involved With This Recipe:
Ages 2-3: Let them help you pour the ingredients into the bowl. They will love being able to mash up the bananas.
Ages 4-5: Have your kiddo help mix the batter. There are not many ingredients, so this will be pretty easy.
Ages 6-8: Let your kiddo help measure out the ingredients and mix them. This is a great recipe for them to attempt on their own with you close by for assistance.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner! Also, let them help you package the banana bread for gifting to neighbors or teachers! See the pictures below for how to easily wrap the loaves for gifting!
All you need for wrapping these loaves for gifting is plastic wrap, parchment paper, and festive ribbon.
How To Store Cake Mix Banana Muffins
You can store banana muffins by placing them in an airtight container, covering them with plastic wrap or foil, or you can store them in a food-safe storage bag. They should keep for 2-3 days.
Note that the muffins will most likely accumulate moisture . If youd like to avoid this, line the bottom of your airtight container with paper towel before placing the muffins inside.
The next time its a busy morning and youre short on time, just make some easy cake mix banana muffins for breakfast. They may be made be made with cake mix but no one has to know. And if youre big fan of pumpkin try these cake mix pumpkin muffins!
Follow Beat Bake Eat on for more easy baking recipes!
Also Check: Mrs Fields Cookie Cake Recipe
Tips For The Best Banana Bread
- This recipe calls for yellow cake mix because it has a custard-like flavor that complements with bananas really well. Dont feel like youre required to use the same mix, though. Try white cake, banana cake, or other flavors, too!
- Dont want a lumpy banana bread? For perfectly smooth mashed bananas, use an electric mixer.
- Do not over-mix the batter. Otherwise, your banana bread will turn out tough, dry, and flat. Just whisk manually you dont even need an electric mixer for this until the ingredients are well-combined. Stop once you no longer see streaks of cake mix in the batter.
- Grease the pans well, especially if youre using a bundt pan. Be sure that all the nooks and crannies are coated generously with butter. Coat it with flour for good measure.
- If using loaf pans, line them with parchment paper and leave some overhang around the sides for easy lifting.
- Want to make banana muffins instead? Just use the same batter and pour it into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Did your banana bread sink in the center? That means you havent cooked it long enough. While 30 to 35 minutes seems like such a long time for a mere loaf pan, its crucial to achieving perfectly tall and fluffy bread.
If you notice the top of the bread browning way too much too soon, cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
- Dont leave the loaves in the pans for longer than 10 minutes. Theyll get soggy at the bottom if you do.
What Is Cake Mix Banana Bread
- A cake mix banana bread is exactly what it sounds like its banana bread that is made with a boxed cake mix. This recipe is a great way to make homemade banana bread without any fuss and bother.
- One of the best things about this recipe is that it allows the chef use up leftover overripe bananas that may have gotten too soft for regular eating. Freeze those brown bananas left on the counter for use in future recipes!
- This Cake Mix Banana Bread recipe is so much fun to customize. Why not make a banana nut bread with chopped walnuts? Or make muffins, cut a hole in the center of each muffin and pipe some vanilla pudding into each one? The options are endless, and all it takes is some imagination!
You May Like: Wedding Cake Steps For A Pool
Comedian Heidi Gardner Pleads For This Celeb To Host Snl Aga
Each product has been independently selected by our editorial team. We may receive commissions from some links to products on this page. Promotions are subject to availability and retailer terms.
Kelly Senyeichef, founder of the Just a Taste blog and author of The Secret Ingredient Cookbooktransforms box cake mix into extra-moist + flavorful banana bread that’s wonderful for breakfast, or anytime!
Box cake mix is the ultimate shortcut for banana bread because it contains all the essential dry ingredients to form the base for those baked goods: flour, sugar and leavener. Simply add the wet ingredients. Another great thing is the variety of flavor combos. If it’s a box mix flavor, it can become a cookie or banana bread!
Republished with permission from Just a Taste.
How Do I Ripen Bananas In The Oven
If you want to make cake mix banana bread but your bananas arent fully ripe, you can try ripening them in the oven. You can do this as long as your bananas are still in the peel and they are no longer green.
Heat your oven to 300°F and place the unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet. Cook them for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the bananas are black in color and shiny. Then theyll be ready to use in this recipe!
Recommended Reading: Nothing Bundt Cakes Allergen Menu
How Long Does Cake Mix Banana Bread Last
- This bread will stay good stored at roomtemperature for about2 days. Make sure to keep it covered in an airtight container.
- Keep this banana bread in the refrigerator forup to 1 week to let it last longer.
- To freeze, let the bread completely cool. Wrap in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer safe bag or container. It will last in the freezer for 3 months.
More Delicious Bread Recipes
- The best zucchini bread This recipe is one of my favorite bread recipes. A great way to use zucchini!
- Poppy seed bread A recipe handed down from my grandma.
- Banana bread muffins Banana bread muffins with a sweet, crumbly topping.
- Mini chocolate chip muffins Mini muffins with mini chocolate chips. A great snack!
*** If you made this recipe feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
- 3bananas, mashed
Don’t Miss: Sams Club Cake Prices 2019
Banana Bread Made With Cake Mix
Why is this an easy banana bread recipe? This banana bread with yellow cake mix is easy because the cake mix takes away measuring. The ingredients are all in one handy bag! Cake mixes can be the perfect start to so many yummy treats. Some of my favorite cake mix recipes are:
snickerdoodle cookies, this lemon cake, 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins, or try making the easiest sugar cookies you will ever make!
How To Customize Your Few Ingredient Banana Bread Recipe
While you only need three ingredients to make basic banana bread with cake mix, you can easily tweak this recipe to make plenty of variations on banana bread!
- Banana Nut Bread with Cake Mix Banana nut bread is one of my favorites! You can add chopped pecans or walnuts to your banana bread batter to make a delicious banana nut bread with your cake mix!
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Add chocolate chips to the top of your banana bread loaf before putting it into the oven. You can also mix them into the batter before baking. You can also try peanut butter chips for tasty quick bread.
- Mixed Fruit Banana Bread Add dried fruit like cherries or cranberries to your mix before baking for extra flavor.
- Cake Mix Change the flavor of cake mix banana bread by using different cake mix flavors. Some great options to try include spice cake, white cake, butter pecan cake or even lemon cake!
Don’t Miss: Finest Wedding Cake Steps
Ingredient Banana Bread With Cake Mix
- Chocolate banana cookies with oats
- Tons of easy dump cake recipes use cake mix and transform into something amazing
We absolutely love our pumpkin banana bread too which is perfect in the Fall. Well, okay we make this year round and eat it for dessert too.
Sour Cream Banana Cake/bread
Nov 4, 2008 | Desserts |
With the holidays approaching, we all want the easiest, most delicious, inexpensive, and the most beautiful recipes, dont we?
Thats not asking for a whole lot, is it?So many of our favorite traditions revolve around food.
The smell of that succulent turkey roasting, the baking gingerbread that Grandma used to make every Christmas Eve, snuggling around the crackling fireplace after caroling with my whip cream dolloped hot chocolate mug nestled between frigid fingers are just a few ways that my senses are stimulated.
This is a new recipe for me this holiday season of 2008, and I am thinking it may become the start of a timeless tradition. Certainly one that will not be regulated to the holiday box, but one that may become a once a week kind of tradition.Typically, I am not a box mix kind of gal when it comes to company, but after this success, I may never again go back to scratch. ha
You probably have all the ingredients in your cupboard right now, so dont procrastinate.
Cooking time: 35 minute
Number of servings : 12
If you start thrifting like I have been telling you to, you might have an adorable pan like this just calling your name from the back of the cupboard.
Also Check: Ice Cream Cake From Dq
How To Freeze Banana Bread For Later
To freeze this loaf for later, allow it to cool completely, then place in an airtight freezer bag.
You can also freeze individual slices wrapped each in cling wrap, then store in an airtight container in the freezer for around a month.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CAKE MIX CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
SERVE CAKE MIX CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD WITH
- Homemade Ice Cream: Turn chocolate banana bread into a chocolate banana cake by serving it up with a big scoop of ice cream. Making ice cream is not hard, especially with this easy recipe, and youll be impressed by the results. If you dont own an ice cream maker dont worry, you wont need one.
- Whipped Cream: Top with whipped cream and strawberries!
THE TOOTHPICK TEST
Once its finished baking you should test the loaf to see if its cooked all the way through. Grab a toothpick and poke it into the middle of the bread and then pull it out. If its clean when it comes out, then the loaf is solid and ready to eat once it cools. If the toothpick comes out covered in batter, then the bread is still molten inside and you should put the bread back into the oven.
HOW LONG IS CAKE MIX CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD GOOD?
- Serve: Banana bread will be fine at room temperature for 2 days. After that, the bread gets really stale.
- Store: Leftovers are fine in the fridge for a week. You can bake your bread ahead of time if you want a quick breakfast before work. If you do, cover it in plastic wrap or put it in a sealable bag to keep it fresh longer.
- Freeze: Banana bread is good in the freezer for up to 3 months. For the best tasting banana bread, eat it before 3 months. Always let the bread cool to room temperature before you wrap it up and stick it in the fridge or freezer.
Recommended Reading: Nothing Bundt Cakes Vegan Options