Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
This easy ice cream sandwich cake comes together in under 10 minutes and is perfect for serving at a 4th of July or Memorial Day party or any simple backyard barbecue all summer long. Mix together vanilla ice cream sandwiches, sundae toppings, Cool Whip, and festive sprinkles for the tastiest dessert for a crowd.
Summertime parties should focus on fun and not require you wasting away in the kitchen.
When the temperatures soar and you’ve got a backyard full of friends to entertain, nothing tastes better than an ice cold ice cream cake.
This layered ice cream sheet cake is perfect for feeding a crowd but comes together in just minutes because you don’t have to wait for the different layers to freeze during assembly.
I combined our family’s favorite flavors: Caramel and Chocolate sauce. But you could easily customize it to have other flavors or different colored sprinkles for another event. Be sure to check out my substitutions list at the bottom!
My Mom’s Super Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Is Our Family’s Accidental Holiday Tradition
Though she’s a skilled cook, my mom’s baking efforts typically begin with a box. But one year, in preparation for the Christmas Eve meal we share with our large extended family, she tried her hand at a decadent chocolate-almond torte. For what seemed like hours, she labored over the sophisticated sweet, whisking egg whites, stirring ganache, and methodically coating the outer layer in thin, slivered almonds. It was undeniably beautifula baking triumph. Even so, my mom knew we kids would turn up our noses at a dessert covered in nuts, so she also hastily threw together an ice cream sandwich cake for us, alternating layers of mini ice cream sandwiches and Cool Whip in a cake pan before finishing it with a decorative drizzle of hot fudge and a sprinkle of festive M& Ms.
What happened the next day at our Christmas Eve lunch has since become something of family folklore.
Just as my mom had anticipated, the sticky-fingered, picky-eater occupants of the kids’ table shirked the nutty torte in favor of the frozen concoction. What she hadn’t expected was that nearly all the adults would follow suit, leaving the chocolate-almond torte to languish on the sideboard as they dug into fudge-y, frozen layers of Cool Whip and ice cream sandwiches instead. Only my grandmother helped herself to an ambitious slice of the tortea quietly magnanimous acknowledgement of the time and effort her youngest daughter had put into it.
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
Our really easy chocolate cake recipe is perfect for birthdays. Its so moist and fudgy and will keep well for 45 days. For buttercream quantities, instead of ganache, use our cake calculator.Each serving provides 477 kcal, 6.5g protein, 56g carbohydrates , 25g fat , 2.5g fibre and 0.6g salt.
Provided by Rachel Manley
TOP SECRET RECIPES | CHILI’S WHITE CHOCOLATE MOLTEN CAKE
ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BROWNIE ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SPRINGFORM PAN RECIPES THAT PROVE THE PAN IS FOR MORE THAN …
RECIPES WITH CREAM CHEESE | TASTE OF HOME
CAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CHOCOLATE CAKE – CAFE DELITES
ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CREAM PUFF CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
DESSERT RECIPES – RECIPES BY MEAL | TASTE OF HOME
ICE CREAM PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPES WITH CREAM CHEESE | TASTE OF HOME
CAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
Don’t Miss: Beauty And The Beast Gender Reveal Cake
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Your family’s new favorite, easy dessert! This 5-ingredient ice cream sandwich cake is a no-bake treat that’s ready with just 10 minutes of prep. Just layer ice cream sandwiches with Cool Whip and all of your favorite toppings — chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, sprinkles, M& M’s, and more — then re-freeze, slice, and serve. Bring on summer!
Tips For The Best Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
- Use a very deep baking dish, if possible. I’ve shown a deep lasagna pan here. If your dish is deep, you don’t need to press down on the first layer of ice cream sandwiches — just skip that step.
- Thaw the whipped topping in the refrigerator overnight before you plan to assemble the cake. Do not thaw the whipped topping on the counter at room temperature, or the texture will be runny.
- Allow the ice cream sandwiches to soften slightly so that you can gently press them down as you’re creating the layers. This will help them fit in the pan!
- Prepare the cake at least 1-2 hours in advance of when you plan to serve it. The cake needs adequate time to firm up in the freezer again before you slice into it.
You May Like: Nothing Bundt Cakes Gluten Free Price
Easy Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
May 17, 2017
This Easy Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe is fast fast fast to make. And it disappears just as quickly too. Layer ice cream and drizzled fudge sauce between ice cream sandwich layers and youre good to go! Say goodbye to expensive store bought ice cream cakes this summer.
When the heat wave of summertime finally hits hard, youll be glad to have this simple and refreshing Easy Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe in your back pocket! Weve had a cold, wet and rainy spring so far, but the temps this week are forecasted in the nineties. Time to break out the ice cream cake!!! You wont even need to turn on your oven.
My kids have always loved ice cream cakes as far back as I can remember. Me too! I remember having an ice cream cake for my birthday a few times through the years. But have you checked the price of an ice cream cake from Friendlys, Carvel or the grocery store freezer lately?
They arent cheap. In fact, youll pay top dollar for an ice cream cake. If you think about it, the ingredients are basically cake and ice cream and shouldnt be any more expensive than a traditional cake with a scoop of ice cream on the side.
A few summers ago I put together an ice cream cake by layering ice cream sandwiches and then frosting with Cool Whip.
The cool thing is , the ice cream sandwiches make easy ice cream cake layers all on their own.
How To Layer The Cake:
The only prep you need to do before you begin to assemble the cake is to let the 2 containers of Cool Whip thaw on your counter until they are soft enough to spoon and spread.
In a freezer-safe 9 x 13-inch baking pan, layer unwrapped ice cream sandwiches in one single, even layer.
You want the sandwiches to evenly cover the entire pan. If you have a corner where a sandwich doesn’t fit, you can cut the sandwiches into smaller pieces to fill the space.
Spread 1 container of Cool Whip over the ice cream sandwiches and then drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Trick for spreading the whipped topping: Drop large spoonfuls of Cool Whip over the top of the pan. Then use a knife to “connect the dots” and spread it out. This is much easier than spooning the entire container out in one scoop and trying to spread from there.
Top the layer of Cool Whip with another single layer of ice cream sandwiches. Drizzle with caramel sauce evenly over the top.
Finish assembling the cake by frosting the top with the remaining container of Cool Whip and decorating with sprinkles.
Be sure to add the sprinkles before you put it in the freezer or they won’t stick.
Store the ice cream cake in your freezer for at least 1 hour before serving. This cake can be made many days ahead of time, just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap or a lid.
This is my absolute favorite 9 x 13 cake pan because it has a plastic lid for exactly this kind of dessert prep.
Don’t Miss: Wedding Cake Serving Set And Toasting Flutes
How To Make Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert:
Its so easy to make this recipe! Buy one of those extra-deep 13Ã9-inch disposable foil pans . Place a layer of ice cream sandwiches in the bottom. Cover them with Cool Whip. Drizzle with caramel and chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Freeze for a bitâ¦ then repeat: Another layer of ice cream sandwiches, Cool Whip, and syrups.
Top the dessert with crushed Heath or Skor bars. Freeze several hours until firm enough to slice. We slice this up and put it into plastic cups for easy serving. Put all of the cups on a large tray and pass them around to guests, who will snatch them up eagerly!
This simple, simple Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert is always a huge hit. Its delicious, decadent and impressive enough to serve up at a party. The first time I served this recipe at a party, my guests asked about how to make it it. You should have seen the looks of amazement on their faces when I explained the process of putting it together. People love easy recipes like this!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Variations
- Neapolitan: Use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches and chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla ice cream.
- Mintchocolate: Choose mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches and mint chocolate ice cream.
- Candybar: Go with vanilla ice cream sandwiches with your choice of ice cream and your choice of crushed candy: toffee/Skor, M& Ms, Reeses, Snickers, Kit Kat, Rolos, whopper, etc.
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake with Magic Shell: Use vanilla ice cream sandwiches with vanilla ice cream. Leave off the whipped cream and add Magic Shell® on top right before serving. Add a spoonful of whipped cream on the side as desired.
- Hot fudge or caramel sauce: For an even sweeter treat, add a drizzle of hot fudge or caramel sauce to your bars homemade or store-bought.
- Taste of home shares a variation without any additional ice cream .
Read Also: Nothing Bundt Cakes Lemon Raspberry Recipe
Recipe Variations For Ice Cream Cake With Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: Use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches for a combination of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream in your cake. You can garnish the cake with sliced fresh strawberries just before serving and sprinkle with chocolate chips. A drizzle of strawberry syrup would also be a good swap for the caramel.
- Magic Shell: instead of the chocolate syrup, drizzle the top of the cake with Magic Shell topping.
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: put a birthday spin on this fun dessert! You can purchase Blue Bunny Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches at many grocery stores and Super Target stores. Use rainbow sprinkles as a fun topping, too.
- Toppings: I used mini M& M’s , but Stephanie also suggested coarsely crushed Oreos, Heath toffee bits, chopped candy bars , chocolate chips, crushed waffle cones, chopped peanuts , Reese’s pieces or Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkles: Garnish with different colored sprinkles to match the upcoming holidays. For instance, one reader suggested using red, white and blue sprinkles for Memorial Day or July 4th, or you can pick rainbow sprinkles for a birthday party!
Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
Does anybody else have a household full of ice cream sandwich lovers? Seriously, the kids are obsessed with simple ice cream sandwiches for dessert. And Ill admit, I love them too! ) Theres just something so fun and nostalgic about that combination of chocolate cookie and vanilla ice cream. Recently I took ice cream sandwiches to the next level into the form of a cake, and Im so excited to share the recipe with you!
You May Like: Best Place To Order Birthday Cake
How To Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
If you’re not much of a baker, then this is the dessert for you! It’s perfect for those of us who always seem to need a crowd-pleasing potluck dish to serve to family and friends, but we don’t always have time to whip up a homemade cake from scratch. With layers of store-bought ice cream sandwiches and whipped topping, you can assemble this no-bake easy ice cream cake in about 10 minutes. Mix up the flavors or add different toppings — once you know how to make ice cream sandwich cake, the options are endless! Kids and adults love this simple dessert.
Mint Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Layers of mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches, Cool Whip, and crushed Oreo cookie create one incredible dessert. My Mint Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is the tastiest way to celebrate anything!
Mint and chocolate are two flavors that were made for each other. One of my favorite ways to enjoy this combo is with an ice cream sandwich. They are the best dessert snack all year round! Whats the best way to enhance this perfect personal sweet treat? Turn it into an ice cream cake! Mint Ice Cream Sandwich Cake will cool and delight your taste buds.
Begin by placing mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches at the bottom of a baking pan. Spread Cool Whip over the sandwiches, then add a second layer of those delicious ice cream sandwiches. Cover with another helping of Cool Whip and crushed Oreos then freeze to set. When youre ready to serve this delightful dessert, you can always add a drizzle of chocolate sauce if youre feeling naughty!
Rich chocolate combined with refreshing mint has always put a smile on my face, and I guarantee once you give this recipe a try it will have the same effect on everyone who tries it. Prepare my easy ice cream sandwich cake for a summer birthday or any celebration! A slice of this is the best treat to celebrate with!
CAN I SUBSTITUTE COOL WHIP?
For a more homemade feel you can use fresh whipped cream if youre not a fan of Cool Whip.
WHAT OREOS SHOULD I USE?
HOW LONG SHOULD I FREEZE THE DESSERT?
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
Read Also: Quaker Oats Buttered Popcorn Rice Cakes
Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
This is one of my favorite summer dessert recipes is this Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert. Watch the video showing you how to make this dessert, and then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home.
Letâs get a few things straight:
With that in mind, Iâll present to you my favorite new recipe : this Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert. Its the perfect sort of recipe for a summer party. It makes a TONâ¦ a good 24 to 36 servings to be exact, depending on how big you make your slices. This is the perhaps the easiest, most-decadent dessert youâll ever make.
How To Make An Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
It only takes a few easy steps! Are you ready?
You May Like: How To Open A Cake Business From Home
Ice Cream Sandwich Party
If you know me, you know how much I love adding a few extra sprinkles to the day! I planned a little surprise party for the kids with this fun recipe, since I know how much they love ice cream sandwiches. I made this ice cream sandwich cake to kick off the end of the summer and the beginning of the school year. It was such a fun way to celebrate with one of their favorite treats! And not only is this recipe super easy to make, but it uses simple ingredients we always had on hand in the house!
A Fun Ice Cream Dessert
I know this “cake” seems a little too ridiculously simple, but trust me, this ice cream sandwich cake is always a huge hit when I make it for friends and family. I can’t serve it up fast enough! It’s a great little dessert to throw together quickly and who doesn’t love a delicious ice cream treat to cool them down on a hot summer day? Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you, this one is a winner!
Recommended Reading: Online Cake Delivery In Kolkata Monginis
How To Make Turtle Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Step One: Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan with 12 ice cream sandwiches. You may need to slice one or two sandwiches to fit all into the pan.
- Step Two: Spread half of the Cool Whip over the ice cream sandwich layer.
- Step Three: Drizzle about ¼ cup of the chocolate sauce over top of the Cool Whip followed by ¼ cup of the caramel sauce. Sprinkle half of the pecans and half the chocolate chips over the top.
- Step Four: Repeat the same steps with the remaining ingredients.
- Step Five: Cover the baking dish loosely with aluminum foil and place in the freeze for 3 to 4 hours before serving. Slice into squares and enjoy.
More Ice Cream Recipes For A Crowd:
Want to give your guests more options for mixing up their own treat? These homemade ice cream sauces and serving ideas are super fun for entertaining.
- 20 Ice Cream Sundae Recipes
- Triple Berry Sauce for Topping a Plain Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- The Ultimate Turtle Sundae
If youâve tried this ice cream sandwich dessert or any other recipe on PeanutBlossom.com please donât forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you!FOLLOW along on Instagram @peanut.blossom as well as on Pinterest and .
Recommended Reading: Cookies And Cream Ice Cream Cake Dairy Queen