German Chocolate Cake Frosting Recipe Without Coconut / German Chocolate
German Chocolate Cake Frosting Recipe Without Coconut 05/02/2015 · show someone how much you care by baking up this homemade mini german chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting from scratch, which makes enough dessert for two .
Vegan Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting – Wife Mama Foodie from i0.wp.com
In this case, those nostalgic flavors. Traditionally, this cake is slathered with coconut pecan frosting, but this chocolate frosting version adds another layer of depth to an already amazing cake and it sure beats the boxed cake mix! I didn’t use as much frosting as you show on the. 16/06/2021 · best ever german chocolate cake a moist chocolate cake and traditional coconut pecan frosting, layer upon layer of goodness. 06/03/2012 · i am looking for a frosting recipe for a german chocolate cake that doesn’t have nuts or coconut. Add a homemade or store bought caramel frosting, mixed with chopped pecans and toasted coconut. I made this for our christmas dinner. Yours sounds good but i have a question:
How To Make Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
You could choose to layer your German Chocolate Cake with a filling of coconut pecan frosting, top it with the remaining coconut pecan frosting and leave the sides plain.
Or, take it to the next level by adding a little of this sweet chocolate buttercream frosting. I piped the edges of each layer with the chocolate frosting, to keep the coconut filling inside! Then spread the remaining frosting around the sides of the cake to give it a finished appearance!
To make the frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat butter with unsweetened cocoa powder, powdered sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract.
Beat for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
To assemble the cake:
STEP 1: Lay the first layer of chocolate cake on a cake platter. Pipe the edges with chocolate frosting. Add 1/2 of the coconut pecan frosting to the center of the cake. Repeat with the second layer.
STEP 2: Spread chocolate buttercream frosting around the sides of the cake.
STEP 3: Using an open star tip, pipe swirls on top of cake to give it a finished look .
STEP 4: Slice and serve!
Ingredient Info And Substitution Suggestions
CAKE Grab 1 package of Bakers German Chocolate. On top of that you will need water, sugar, unsalted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk. Dont have buttermilk? Add 1 Tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to a cup of milk and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
FILLING To skip a lot of hassle here weve opted for the store-bought coconut pecan frosting and chocolate frosting. You can find both in the baking aisle of your local grocery store next to the cake mixes and canned frosting. You may certainly make your own from scratch if desired.
Also Check: Wedding Cake Pool Stairs Railing
Can I Freeze German Chocolate Cake And Coconut Pecan Frosting
You have several options.
1- Bake cake layers and cool. Wrap in parchment paper, then foil, and freeze cake layers. Thaw at room temperature.
2- Bake cake and cool. Frost as directed. Freeze cake whole . Thaw at room temperature.
3- Bake cake and cool. Enjoy for several days. Wrap leftover SLICES in parchment paper then slide in ziploc bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Exactly How To Make German Delicious Chocolate Cake:
1. Make the delicious chocolate cake: Incorporate completely dry active ingredients . Incorporate damp active ingredients . Mix with each other as well as mix in boiling water.
2. Bake at 375 ° F: Pour batter right into ready 8 or 9-inch round cooking frying pans. I such as to reduce a round item of wax or parchment paper for all-time low of the frying pan additionally, to make certain the cake appears quickly.
Reading: how to make chocolate german cake
3. Make the German Delicious Chocolate Icing: Incorporate brownish sugar, granulated sugar, butter, egg yolks, as well as vaporized milk in a pan as well as bring the combination to a reduced outrage tool warm. Mix frequently up until the combination enlarges. Get rid of from warm as well as mix in vanilla, nuts as well as coconut. Enable to cool down totally prior to layering it on the cake.
4. Make delicious chocolate icing: Thaw butter, mix in chocolate powder, gradually include powdered sugar as well as milk, defeating to spreading out uniformity. Include percentage added milk, if required to slim the icing, or a little added powder, up until you reach your wanted uniformity. Mix in vanilla.
Read more: how to make a rose cake
You May Like: Turtle Ice Cream Cake Baskin Robbins
Why This Recipe Works
This gorgeous 3-tiered German chocolate cake is swoon-worthy. Coconut pecan filling provides a delicate crunch between layers of chocolate cake. Traditionally, this cake is slathered with coconut pecan frosting, but this chocolate frosting version adds another layer of depth to an already amazing cake and it sure beats the boxed cake mix!
Serve it up with a heaping scoop of homemade chocolate ice cream to really impress your guests!
Tips To Thicken German Chocolate Cake Frosting
- Actually, to thicken the runny frosting, just make sure that youll make the frosting at least a couple of hours before the cake. It will give you time to correct the frosting while its hot, also chilling it in the room temperature or in a fridge can allow it to be thicker
- The coconut may add enough structure to the frosting so just adding cornstarch if after adding grated coconut, the frosting is still runny
- The filling can be best kept in the fridge for up to 3 days
- Its better to add pecans to the frosting when it comes off the heat of removing from the fridge, if you add the nuts too soon to the filling, they will turn soggy
- Assemble the cake only when the cake layers are cool since warm cake will melt the frosting and make it thinner
- If you already put the frosting on the cake and the result on the filling is not as expected, try refrigerating the cake in a covered cake carrier for a while and take it out about 15-20 minutes before consuming
Also Check: Individual Angel Food Cake Pans
Make Ahead As Well As Cold Recommendations:
Read more: how to make white drip for cake
To Make Ahead: Both icings can be made in advance as well as put in a protected container in the refrigerator. The coconut icing will certainly maintain for 1-2 weeks, depending upon the quality of the active ingredients utilized. The delicious chocolate icing will certainly maintain for 2-3 weeks. Get rid of icings from the refrigerator a hr prior to you prepare to frost the cake, to provide time to find to area temperature level.
To Freeze: After cooking the cake layers, permit them to cool down totally, after that cover them well in cling wrap as well as stick each layer in a ziplock fridge freezer bag. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Frost the cakes when they are frozen-they are a lot easier to frost in this manner! The constructed German Delicious chocolate Cake can additionally be iced up, covered well, for 2-3 months . Enable to find to area temperature level prior to offering.
Take into consideration attempting these prominent Treat Recipes:
- Much Better Than Anything Cake
- Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Perfect Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Tres Leches Cake
And That Was Just Fine With Me
It is february, after all). Frost with coconut cream or vegan chocolate mousse, and top with more shredded coconut. My husband’s all time favorite. The eggs must be tempered or you will have cooked egg in your frosting. The cake is much more appealing with the frosting! And that was just fine with me. Have never had it with frosting just the coconut pecan and always a layer cake. Yours sounds good but i have a question:
German Chocolate Cake Frosting Recipe Without Coconut / German Chocolate | The Prolific Oven Bakery & Cafe. I love german chocolate cake. Traditionally, this cake is slathered with coconut pecan frosting, but this chocolate frosting version adds another layer of depth to an already amazing cake and it sure beats the boxed cake mix! Sure, a moist german chocolate cake is rich and decadent on its own, but no chocolate cake is complete without frosting. 27/12/2019 · yes it will stay on top with or without the frosting. January 5, 2017 at 12:54 am.
January 5, 2017 at 12:54 am german chocolate cake frosting recipe. I didn’t use as much frosting as you show on the.
Recommended Reading: Finest Wedding Cake Steps
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: Both frostings can be made ahead and placed in a covered container in the fridge. The coconut frosting will keep for 1-2 weeks, depending on the freshness of the ingredients used. The chocolate frosting will keep for 2-3 weeks. Remove frostings from the fridge an hour before youre ready to frost the cake, to give them time to come to room temperature.
To Freeze: After baking the cake layers, allow them to cool completely, then wrap them well in plastic wrap and stick each layer in a ziplock freezer bag. Freeze for up to three months. Frost the cakes when they are frozenthey are much easier to frost this way! The assembled German Chocolate Cake can also be frozen, covered well, for 2-3 months . Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
What Is German Chocolate Cake
If youre like me, and have wondered what makes a German Chocolate Cake different, Im hear to tell you!
The cake recipe uses Bakers German Chocolate, which was developed over 100 years ago! Unlike the name, the chocolate bar was not developed in Germany, but named after the man who created it instead! He thought combining chocolate with sugar would save bakers a step in their process!
Then 100 years later a homemaker created this cake recipe, and millions of people enjoy it daily. On June 11 is National German Chocolate Cake Day here in Americaso theres that!
Recommended Reading: Wedding Cake Pool Stairs For Sale
Upgraded German Chocolate Cake
This variation of Germans chocolate cake has a gooey coconut and toasted pecan filling, a dark and super-moist chocolate cake, and deliciously creamy chocolate buttercream on top!
Germans chocolate cake, traditionally made with sweet baking chocolate and originated back in the 1850s by chocolate maker Samuel German, is known to be unapologetically decadent and indulgent.
Frequently Asked Questions & Expert Tips
How do I decorate the cake?
How do I store German chocolate cake?
To store the cake, place it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. It is not necessary to keep German chocolate cake in the refrigerator, but I have found that it helps it keep longer. You can store it in an air-tight container at room temperature for 1-2 days.
Read Also: Turtle Ice Cream Cake Baskin Robbins
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Bake cakes on center oven rack, arranging pans so that there is at least 1 inch of space between the pans and the sides of the oven. If not all pans will fit on one rack, refrigerate one pan of batter until the others are baked, and then bake remaining layer separately.
- tip 2 Be absolutely sure you dont get any egg yolk into the whites as you separate them. Then keep the whites at room temperature while mixing the cake batter theyll beat up more quickly.
- tip 3 Pour the last of the evaporated milk in a container, cover and refrigerate. Try stirring into a creamy soup or a slow-cooked breakfast hot cereal.
- tip 4 Sweet or German baking chocolate bars are sold in the baking section.
- tip 5 Beat the sugar and butter until its very light and creamy the air you beat into it is part of the leavening of the cake. The air beaten into the egg whites and the acid in the buttermilk activating the leavening action of the baking soda also play a role in creating the rich, fluffy cake layers.
The 11 Best Places For German Chocolate Cake In Austin
Santosh Tiruvan: This place has great service … Always! Their cakes are tasty and come in different sizes. Also, don’t forget they have outdoor seating as well
Steve Cloud: Tuesdays after 5:00, ice cream is half price!
cristina carretero: Wednesday free waffle cones with purchase of 2 scoops
Christopher Clearman: Always try the flavor of the month! Ask for a sample!
SUZETTE AGUSTIN-NELSON: Mint Chocolate Chip never gets old!!! )
Megan Sherer: They have a rotating flavor of the month!
Sam Higgins: Get a Belgian chocolate milkshake with strawberries added. Best ever!
Social News Network: A great place to take the family. Includes Phil’s Ice House , ice cream, & an outside playground and eating area. Quirky & helpful employees guarantees you a memorable experience!
Howard W.: Banana split was delicious !!!
Jenn Espinosa: Great snack! Low fat, low sugar, natural! And good for ppl sensitive to lactose!
Abe: Natural flavors that change everyday including Twix and Tiramisu, under 100 calories, No artificial sweeteners… I love this place!
mathew murphy: An entire cup of chocolate ice-cream with just 4g of sugar? I don’t know how they do it, but I am glad they do.
Divya Mulanjur: Good quantity and great ice cream. I loved the Belgian chocolate. Not too sweet and perfectly chocolatey.
Park Silk: Mexican Vanilla Shake!
Matt Lind: Coffee ice cream with Oreos under hot fudge. Cannot be beat.
Anthony Kersten: Mmmm spicy meat dumplings!!!!
Recommended Reading: Turtle Ice Cream Cake Baskin Robbins
How To Make Coconut Pecan Toping
Spread coconut and pecans out on a large baking sheet. Place in oven for 10 minutes to toast. Set aside.In a medium saucepan, bring butter, evaporated milk, sugar, and egg yolks to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes until thicken , stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, coconut and pecans. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
How To Make German Chocolate Cake
Start by creating the two layers of moist chocolate cake!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round baking pans with baking spray and line bottom with parchment paper circles. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of boiling water with a 4 oz package of German Chocolate. Allow chocolate to melt while you combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with eggs and buttermilk until combined. Add in vanilla extract.
Mix in dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture. Finally, whisk the chocolate with the water to combine and add to cake batter. Beat just until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Pour into prepared baking pans and bake for 36-38 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
PRO TIP: Use Wilton bake even strips to wrap around your baking pans to create smooth, even cakes that dont dome on the top and create waste!
Remove from oven and cool in pans 5 minutes. Invert onto parchment paper lined wire rack and cool completely.
Recommended Reading: Jamoca Almond Fudge Cake Baskin Robbins