Easy Copycat Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake
As a kid, I rarely had the same birthday cake twice. I like all kinds of cake too much to stick with one. Regular cake, cheesecake, ice cream cakes you name it. The only one I didnt need to have for my birthday was a cookie cake, because I knew I could depend on my dad for that one at his birthday. So naturally, Ive tried quite a few cakes including ice cream cakes.
So, these days I feel like Im a bit of an ice cream cake connoisseur. Theres definitely something to love about all the different kinds available, but when it comes to a Dairy Queen ice cream cake, that middle layer of chocolate fudge along with the chocolate crunchies is pure heaven. Often, Id just dig that right out from between the ice cream and eat it alone. So darn good!
When I started playing around with ice cream cakes several years ago, I did a fair amount of experimenting with that middle fudge layer and finally perfected it. Ive shared it before, but never for this copycat cake so Im excited to share it with you today.
Ice Cream With Cornstarch
Today’s birthday cake ice cream recipe is a riff off of Sicilian style ice cream. In Southern Italy, Sicilian gelato is a type of ice cream that doesn’t use eggs or much fat really . In order to help this type of ice cream stay thick and creamy without much fat, we use cornstarch!
Ice cream with cornstarch is not as weird of an idea as you may think. Cornstarch is considered a stabilizer, which is often found in ice cream . The benefit of using cornstarch is the flavor is very subdued, meaning nobody is really going to notice it’s there unless you tell them.
To properly make ice cream using corn starch, you need to be sure you use the correct amount. Too much and the ice cream will have a pasty, unpleasant texture. Food 52 has a great jumping-off place for how much cornstarch to use. Some common ratios from the article include:
- 1 cup liquid to 1 teaspoon starch ratio
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon liquid to 1 teaspoon starch ratio
- 1 cup liquid to 1 tablespoon starch ratio
Our birthday cake ice cream is using the ratio 1 cup liquid to 1 tablespoon starch ratio.
RELATED POST: Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey Milkshake
How To Make Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- The base for this ice cream is vanilla. I used my favorite vanilla ice cream recipe and added in a 1/2 cup of dry yellow cake mix to give the ice cream some cake flavor.
- With the remaining 2 1/2 cups of cake mix, I used 2 of the cups to make half a batch of cupcakes, I used 3 of those cupcakes in the ice cream.
- For a half a batch of cupcakes you will need 2 cups of cake mix, 2 eggs, 2/3 cup of water and 4 Tbsp oil. Combine, mix and bake according the directions on the box.
- After the cupcakes have cooled tear 3 cupcakes into pieces and place on a baking sheet and freeze.
- Mix together your ice cream mixture with the 1/2 cup of dry cake mix and put into your ice cream maker, process according to manufacturers directions.
- When the ice cream is almost done churning, add in the frozen cake pieces and 1/2 cup of sprinkles. Mix just long enough to combine the cake and sprinkles into the ice cream. Do not over churn as this will break down the pieces of cake.
Put the ice cream into a freezer container and allow it to set up for several hours or overnight before serving.
Recommended Reading: Mrs Fields Cookie Cake Recipe
Birthday Cake And Ice Cream In One Delicious Treat
Cake? Ice Cream? Which one is it?! ITS BOTH! And its so much FUN!
Ill stop screaming now.
Happy Happy day! Happy Happy FRIDAY! Im feeling it guys. SUMMER. Its finally here. Technically, it will be here on Monday, the 20th, but the humidity is already thick out there and the smell of chlorine has taken over our neighborhood. I LOVE it!
To celebrate, I made us ice cream that tastes like cake.
There are certain events in a persons life that call for birthday cake ice cream and one of them happened to be my now four-year-oldswell birthday!
I had made this ice cream for my little ones last year, too, and they absolutely loved it, of course. When it was time to celebrate, naturally, this treat was on top of their list, again.
BUT! You DONT have to be a kid to love it as much as them, if not more. I know I loved it much, much more than anyone else. Then again, Im an ice cream fiend. Im crazy about the creamy, cold texture, and the sweet, rich, joyous flavor.
Milk in, cake mix in, and a handful of sprinkles tossed in with everything at the end? Thats happiness!
It truly is so incredibly delicious and even easier to make, complete with cake mix and sprinkles. Just imagine, it tastes like cake, but in ice cream form. Yeahhhh Prepare to have the kid inside of you jump right out.
How To Add In Ice Cream Mixers
The type of mixer you’re adding to your ice cream will help determine the method you’ll use. For this ice cream, we are using two techniques to add in the sprinkles and cake pieces to our birthday cake ice cream.
Recommended Reading: Mrs Fields Happy Birthday Cookie Cake
What Kind Of Cake Should I Use
There are two ways you can add vanilla cake with frosting to your ice cream
You can actually bake a simple vanilla cake and frost it with a yummy buttercream or store bought frosting.
The best and fastest way to do this is use a box mix, make it according to directions and pour it into a large baking sheet with sides. Make sure to grease it well with cooking spray. Bake it at 350 for about 10-12 minutes. Let it cool completely before frosting it.
You wont need the entire cake for this ice cream recipe. Just about 2 cups worth of crumbled up goodness.
The second way is buy two vanilla cupcakes from your local bakery or grocery store and crumble them up. They both work out really well.
Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream
Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is a super creamy celebratory frozen treat and it doesnt need to be anyones birthday to enjoy! Full of sprinkles and bits of vanilla cake.
I love making desserts that most everyone loves. Classic treats like my White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. Even if you are not a fan of white chocolate, I promise you will love these! If you are a fan of this Birthday Cake Ice Cream you are definitely going to want to make my Circus Animal Sprinkle Cookies. Buttery and sweet topped with a creamy frosting. Another popular frozen treat is for Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches. Make them and keep them on hand in the freezer.
Don’t Miss: Turtle Ice Cream Cake Baskin Robbins
How Do Stabilizers Help Ice Cream
There are many reasons why stabilizers are used in ice cream, but all of them boil down to achieving the best possible texture – thick & smooth ice cream. Let me explain:
If you read the lessons from our first ice cream of the month, you’ll know ice crystals play a huge role in the texture of the ice cream. Ice crystals give our ice cream hardness and density. Our main goal during the ice cream making process is to keep our ice crystals small so we get smooth ice cream.Stabilizers add thickness to the ice cream base, thus leading to less movement of the water molecules. This helps prevent the small ice crystals from fusing together to form large crystals leading to an unpleasant, hard texture.
Since stabilizers help thicken our ice cream base, that viscosity also helps slow down the melting process. That helps to make a more enjoyable eating process as well as prevent additional ice crystals from forming in the freezer.
Other examples of stabilizers include eggs , gums , or xanthan gum.
RELATED POST:7 Types of Ice Cream to Try
Birthday Cake Ice Cream With Birthday Cookie Dough
The recipes for all parts of this dish originate from crafters who really know their stuff. I gather them with a few tweaks, and altogether its an absolute explosion of that happy-inducing feeling I was initially after. Youve got the cake, youve got the ice cream, and as you dig in thinking this is the best combination ever, those nuggets suddenly show up full of chewy sweetness and, youll wonder if a dish could ever get any better. Its the middle of summer yall, lets waste no more time not making this dish!
Also Check: Individual Angel Food Cake Pans
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Simple Birthday Cake For 2 Year Old Boy / Crawling Spiderman Theme Birthday Cake For 3 Year Oldjpg / From Raspberry Pink Velvet Cake To Cookies And Ice Cream Cake These Delicious Options Will Be A Hit At Any Party
- Get link
- Other Apps
We researched the best toys so you can pick the right one. Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products This number stems from an estimated total population of 7,503,828,180. These cakes, pops, and cupcakes may not be the most traditional birthday cake recipes, but they are fun and delicious.
You May Like: Who Has The Best Ice Cream Cakes
What Happens If Cedar Crest Birthday Cake Yellow Cake Flavored Ice Cream Blended With Cake Pieces And Sprinkled With Multi
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Birthday Cookie Dough Recipe
- Note: this is adapted from BraveTart, Iconic American Desserts. Stella notes her recipe makes enough for 1 quart of ice cream. The batch we are making is a little less than that but that just means more yummy nuggets of dough to run into! Also, she recommends dropping the nuggets in ¼ teaspoons. I did ½ teaspoons and did not mind the larger dough bits.
- To make the flour safe to eat you can heat treat it: spread it on a cookie sheet and toast it in the oven for 5 minutes at 350.
You May Like: Wedding Cake Pool Stairs Railing
His Page Now Has Over One Million Likes On Facebook
We rounded up the best birthday party ideas for boys, plus tips on how to execute them! His page now has over one million likes on facebook! That in mind, i’m all about companies that roll out the red carpet or lift the rope for people o. If you buy from a link, we may. From raspberry pink velvet cake to cookies and ice cream cake, these delicious options will be a hit at any party. You might think that the number of males in the world is equa. We researched the best toys so you can pick the right one. Toys are a great way to make learning fun while keeping your little one active. And it’s all thanks to facebook. Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products And it’s all thanks to facebook. And as a health director at a magazine, the very core of my job is to he. Teenagers are worried about fitting in with their peers.
Teenagers are worried about fitting in with their peers. His page now has over one million likes on facebook! You can learn more about our review process here. Buzzfeed news reporter, uk this story originaly reported that colin had 40,000 friends. And it’s all thanks to facebook.
What Is The Flavor Of Birthday Cake Ice Cream
This birthday cake ice cream has a few secret flavors. First, birthday cake ice cream is made with butter extract which mimics the rich, buttery flavor of a cake. The butter extract is what flavors our ice cream base to really pack a punch.
We’re also adding in actual cake pieces and rainbow sprinkles for our mix-ins. What better way to make your ice cream taste like cake than by adding in actual pieces of cake?! This is seriously the best recipe for birthday party ice cream!!
Recommended Reading: Turtle Ice Cream Cake Baskin Robbins