Dairy Queen Is Located At 1418 College Dr Saskatoon Sk
Extreme blizzard ice cream cake is filled with tasty vanilla and extreme blizzard ice cream, filled with cookies and chocolate fudge layers. Frost cake with whipped topping, piping decoration around the edges with an icing bag fitted with a large star tip if desired. Frozen hot chocolate basic recipe dq copycat recipe. You just need some patience because you have to freeze the cake after. Take your chance to taste great milkshakes. This 100% ice cream cake is made with chocolate fudge, crunchy center surrounded by delicious vanilla and chocolate soft serve with happy birthday design. Blend until pretty smooth, adding more milk as needed. Dairy queen white oaks mall. Get inspired with some of these dq cakes. We will cover all of the ice cream selections mentioned as well as their cakes. They will even build a custom cake with a days notice, but have a great selection of pre made ones on hand. Dairy queen ice cream cake ingredients 1 gallon of vanilla ice cream 1 package of oreo cookies 1 jar of. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to its use.
More Allergen Friendly Cake Recipes
- chocolate loaf cake a rich and moist chocolate loaf cake that is made with the homemade chocolate ganache, just like this oreo ice cream cake.
- lemon poppy seed bundt cake this delicious cake is made with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and has a fantastic poppy seed flavor.
- chocolate bundt cake this homemade chocolate cake is perfect for anybody who loves chocolate.
- layered carrot cake this is a soft, moist, spiced carrot cake that is rave worthy.
- ice cream cake get our classic ice cream cake recipe. Its so yummy!
- pineapple cake this is a great cake to make for birthdays, celebrations, and holidays. Bursting with delicious pineapple flavors and homemade pineapple flowers.
- MORE cake recipes check out alllllll our cake recipes on our website. Theres cakes for every occasion!
How To Soften Ice Cream
You need to have softened ice cream to be able to spread it easily. However you dont want it to be too melted.
For the best most consistent results, place the ice cream in the refrigerator for twenty to thirty minutes. It will make it spreadable but not too soft.
You can also soften it on the counter. Just place it out for ten to fifteen minutes.
The line between soft and melty goes a lot more quickly on the counter. So just be careful and keep am eye on it.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free At Nothing Bundt Cakes
Add Fudge And Cookie Crumble
Lauren Habermehl for Taste of Home
Next, pour a generous layer of the chocolate ganache over the chocolate ice cream layer. Smooth with an offset spatula before sprinkling the ganache with the chilled cookie crumbles. Gently smooth out the crumbles to form an even layer. Freeze the chocolate ice cream, fudge and cookie crumble layers for 20-30 minutes until firm.
Ice Cream Cake Decorating And Topping Ideas
Lauren Habermehl for Taste of Home
When it comes to toppings and , youre only limited by your imagination! We kept things simple with our cakeopting for chocolate ganache drips around the edge, a ribbon of piped whipped icing on the edges and bottom and a healthy smattering of rainbow sprinkles. Here are a few other you could try:
- Caramel or butterscotch drizzle
- Chopped mint chocolate candies like Andes or York Peppermint Patties
- Chopped candy bars like Snickers, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or Twix
- Crushed Oreos, chocolate chip cookies or pretzels
- Cookie dough bits, pastry pieces or brownie bites
Recommended Reading: Sam Club Cake Order Form
How To Make Ice Cream Cake
We love ice cream cake and look for any excuse to make one! This is often the type of cake the kids want for their birthday, special occasions and more.
The ice cream cakes at Dairy Queen are a huge hit but they are pricey. I am so excited to show you how to make ice cream cake that you will love!
Skip the store bought ice cream cakes and make this at home. It seriously tastes just like the ones at DQ! Each bite is so rich and decadent.
Oh my! This recipe is the best and super easy to make!
Helpful Cake Making Tools
- cake plate using a cake plate really helps make cutting and enjoying this cake easier.
- angled icing spatula using one of these helps to easily spread and smooth each layer. Its any cake makers game changer.
- spring form pan using this helps get the cake out easier.
- saran wrapor Glap Wrap Press N Seal really helps make this easy to pop out of the springform pan.
You May Like: Gluten Free At Nothing Bundt Cakes
How To Make Ice Cream Cake Without Cake:
Crush the Oreos and set aside.
Next, line an 8×3 inch cake pan with clear wrap that covers the bottom and goes above the sides of the cake pan. I used two pieces.
About 20 minutes before you need it, set the chocolate ice cream out to soften. Add the softened chocolate ice cream to the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Freeze for 30 minutes.
To make the fudge layer, add the chocolate chips, corn syrup and vanilla extract to a medium sized bowl.
Heat the heavy whipping cream just until it begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for a few minutes and then whisk until smooth.
Remove the pan with the chocolate ice cream from the freezer. Pour the chocolate fudge over the ice cream and spread into an even layer. Freeze for about 10 minutes.
Add the cookie crumbles to the top of the fudge layer, then freeze for about 2 hours, until mostly firm.
About 20 minutes before you need it, set the vanilla ice cream out to soften. Add the vanilla ice cream to the top of the cake, then freeze until firm.
Use the clear wrap to lift the frozen cake out of the pan, then place it on a cardboard cake circle or a serving plate. Set it back in the freezer.
To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. We love this this homemade whipped topping recipe.
Frost the cake with the whipped cream and decorate as desired.
Dairy Queen Ice Cream Copycat
Make and share this Dairy Queen Ice Cream Copycat recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Claire312
- Soak Knox gelatine in cold water.
- Heat milk, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat, and add gelatine, sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Cool and add cream.
- Chill 5 to 6 hours.
- Pour into a 4 to 6-quart ice cream freezer can.
- Process as per manufacturer’s instructions.
Also Check: Pool Cake Stairs
Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Ice cream crunch cake is full of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, but the fudgy crunch center ribbon is the real star of the show. It is a copycat version of DQs cake with an endless variety of flavor combinations.
Cool off with a slice of perfectly fudgy and creamy ice cream cake. This sweet combination of cookies and cream features chocolate, vanilla and a plethora of cookie bits. Then theres the crunchy chocolate ribbon center. Now thats the stuff dreams are made of!
Ice cream cakes have always been a sign of a good time in our family. The layers of cold creamy ice cream sandwiching a crunchy fudge center.. you know the kind!
They can get a bit pricey to order, but you can make them easily at home. Plus that allows you to choose your favorite flavor combinations!
We have made several of these ice cream cakes over the years. It seems like weve used a different combination of ice cream flavors every time.
Cookies and cream and chocolate is a fabulous combination. I can see a layer of coffee ice cream being absolutely amazing.
It would be great with either vanilla or chocolate. Oooh, or even a cinnamon ice cream would be so good.
I originally shared this recipe back in 2018. With my sister moving to Wisconsin, we made sure to treat her extra well before she left. You know, so she would remember to visit!
So feel free to go either way. Just do whatever seems easiest for you.
Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Cake
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 14 Oreos, smashed
Let vanilla and chocolate ice cream soften at room temperature for about 15 minutes. You want the ice cream to be spreadable. Layer a sheet of parchment paper on a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and top parchment with cling wrap. Layer vanilla ice cream on the bottom of loaf pan. Spread ice cream into the pan with a spatula making sure to push ice cream to the edges. Layer ice cream with a thick layer of crumbled Oreo cookies and press cookie crumbs gently into the vanilla ice cream. Freeze mixture for 15 minutes and then spread chocolate ice cream on top of cookie crumbles, making sure to cover all edges. Wrap loaf pan with cling wrap and give loaf pan a few taps to settle the ice cream into the pan. Freeze for at least 4 hours to make sure the ice cream has hardened. To serve, pull the ice cream cake out of the pan and slice into thin pieces with a sharp knife.
You May Like: Bath And Body Works Strawberry Pound Cake Lotion
Ice Cream Cake Ingredients
- vanilla bean dairy free ice creamSo Delicious tastes wonderful and we also recommend Nada Moo
- chocolate or dark chocolate ice cream
- gluten and dairy free Oreo sandwich cookiesKinnikinnick Kinni-Toos brand is also nut, soy, and peanut free. Or you can use the Gluten Free Oreos. Another option is the Glutino brand cookies or Oreos gluten free cookies.
- classic organic coconut milkuse this canned kind. It helps set best.
- dairy free dark chocolate chipsEnjoy Life and Nestle Toll House Simply Delicious have a gluten and dairy free brand. Their chocolate chips are also egg, nut, soy, and peanut free.
- so Delicious Coco Whip thawed and refrigerated so its ready to spread easily.
- light corn syrup optional and if you use it, we recommend this.
Homemade Ice Cream Cake
This is our go-to cake when we need something easy for birthdays. It’s so simple and tasty, and it’s always a big hit. Have you tried a Dairy Queen ice cream cake? A Baskin Robbins ice cream cake? How about a Carvel ice cream cake, a Coldstone ice cream cake or a Friendly’s ice cream cake? We think this easy ice cream cake recipe can beat them all!
You May Like: Wedding Cake Pool Stairs For Sale
Cutting And Serving Tips
To cut the cake, use a French Chefs Knife or other heavy, sharp knife. You will need to press hard to get through the brownie portion. Because you didnt cook it completely, you will be able to cut through the brownie. If you place the ice cream cake on a pedestal cake platter, we recommend sliding the cake onto a cutting board or other low surface before cutting.
Our Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake is really fun to make! You’ll get rave reviews, and only you will know how simple the recipe was!
This Is A Homemade Version Of Dairy Queen’s Soft Serve Ice Cream
My coworkers got me one for my birthday this year because they didn’t want to bake a cake for a baker like me. We will tell you you’re not entirely correct but neither are those rumors you may have heard about dairy. This is a homemade version of dairy queen’s soft serve ice cream. Frozen hot chocolate basic recipe dq copycat recipe. Here are a few tips about how to best serve an ice cream cake: Take your chance to taste great milkshakes. It’s the blizzard in the middle that’s the icing on the cake! Get inspired with some of these dq cakes. Ice cream shop, fast food restaurant. Frost cake with whipped topping, piping decoration around the edges with an icing bag fitted with a large star tip if desired. You just need some patience because you have to freeze the cake after. The blizzard dairy queen ice cream come in a variety of styles and flavors, each one thick and rich. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice, but calorie needs vary.
The information, names or images mentioned are the property of their respective owners & source. This cake is a lot of fun to do. The following dessert combines the best of both and is my homemade as i dug in with my plastic fork, the crunchy cookie layer sandwiched between two classic ice cream flavors and topped with creamy icing seemed too. My coworkers got me one for my birthday this year because they didn’t want to bake a cake for a baker like me. I love dairy queen ice cream cake!
You May Like: Nothing Bundt Cakes Gluten Free Price
Create The Bottom Ice Cream Layer
Lauren Habermehl for Taste of Home
Remove the chocolate ice cream from the freezer and let soften for 15-20 minutes. Once the vanilla ice cream wall has firmed up in the pan, spoon the chocolate ice cream into the center of the cake pan lined with vanilla ice cream. Smooth and level the chocolate ice cream with an offset spatula.
Recipe Notes And Tips
- using a 10 inch cheesecake springform pan will make this Oreo ice cream cake turn out perfectly round like a cake. A 10 inch round cake pan also works.
- next an angled icing spatula is helpful with this recipe. Youll use it for several layers of this cake. I also use this spatula with several other recipes. It is a lifesaver.
- its helpful to cover sides of the pan with Glad Pressn Seal Plastic Food Wrap.
- importantly, place the vanilla and chocolate ice cream pints on the counter top to thaw well before you need them. I find dairy free ice cream requires more time to soften.
- keep in mind this mouthwatering homemade ganache can be used for other recipes too!
- lastly, this ice cream cake can be made a day or two ahead of time. Woot woot for all you early birds who like to get the worm.
Also Check: Sam’s Baby Shower Cake
How To Store And Transport Ice Cream Cake
This should be considered an extreme sport! As noted above, investing in a simple cake carrier will be your secret to success. Prior to starting your ice cream cake, we recommend clearing an area of your freezer that is large enough to allow the cake carrier to fit and sit level inside. If you have a drawer freezer, make sure your freezer opens wide enough .
You can safely and successfully transport an ice cream cake using a large cooler or insulated food carrier. The trick is to make sure the vessel you are using is large enough to fit your cake carrier along with several ice packs or bags of ice. For best results, we recommend letting your ice cream cake freeze for 24 hours in the freezer before transporting it to make sure everything is as frozen as possible. We also suggest packing your cake at the very last minute before your departure.
Dont forget to make sure you have a place to store your cake when you arrive at your destination. Your best bet will be to have a freezer to transfer your ice cream cake to when you arrive to keep it frozen until youre ready to serve.
Still hungry? Learn more about sweet, cool treats in our ultimate ice cream guide.