This Tender Buttery Cream Cheese Cake With A Thin Layer Of Fudge Frosting Is Perfect For A Crowd
Cream Cheese Recipe For Carrot Cake / Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting – Cooking / When you crave carrot cake, but you don’t want or need to bake a large cake, try my tarts! It’s always popular at potlucks and parties. At seasonal gatherings, like halloween or thanksgiving, seasonal desserts are especially delicious. They have all the same wonderful flavors in a unique presentation and just right serving. It’s not uncommon to see folks going back for second and even third pieces. laura majchrzak, hunt valley, maryland homedishes & bevera.
How To Make Carrot Cake With Different Pan Sizes
This carrot cake recipe is designed for a 9×13 inch pan. But it can be easily adapted for other pan shapes & sizes.
- 8×8 or 9×9 Inch Pan: Divide all the ingredients by ½. The bake time will be about the same. Just ensure that the sides of your pan are at least 2 inches tall to ensure the cake doesnt overflow.
- Carrot Layer Cake: To make a layer cake, grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Divide the batter evenly between the pans, and bake for about 35-45 minutes.
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes: To turn this carrot cake recipe into cupcakes, youll get 24 cupcakes. Line 2 muffin pans, and divide the batter evenly between them. The bake time will be about 15-18 minutes. You may need to double the frosting recipe for making cupcakes if you like a lot of frosting.
- Carrot Cake Bundt Cake: For a 10-inch bundt cake, the bake time will be about 45-55 minutes. Make sure to grease and flour the pan very well to avoid sticking.
For more classic sheet cakes, try these other flavors:
- In a large bowl beat the butter until soft.
- Mix in the cream cheese.
- Add in the salt and lemon juice, then mix in the powdered sugar about 1 cup at a time. I usually taste test the frosting after adding about 1 ½ cups sugar to see if it’s sweet enough for your liking.
- Frost the cooled cake, then optionally sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts.
What You Need To Make Carrot Cake
Its simple to make this amazing cake, and it doesnt take any special tools you can even mix the batter by hand if youd like, even though I use a mixer in my how-to video .
What youll need is probably what you already have:
- A 9in Cake Pan
- Bowls and whisks for mixing
- An oven
- All your ingredients, including finely shredded carrots and raisins for the cake, and cream cheese and butter for the frosting
You May Like: Can You Have Rice Cakes On Keto
What Our Readers Are Saying
If you dont believe that our recipe helps you bake the best homemade carrot cake, take a look at what our readers are saying about the recipe! More reviews are in the comments section below.
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, very easy to follow, came out perfect first attempt great hit with the family, now a regular demand from my kids. A
This carrot cake was amazing!!! I made it for my husbands birthday and he said it would win a Paul Hollywood handshake Yuna
This is an absolutely divine carrot cake recipe!!!! It is so hard to find one that is not dry this one is moist and works perfectly every single time and we make it often as it is definitely our favorite!!! Jodi
Since posting this recipe, weve had some frequently asked questions. Here are the most common:
Cream Cheese Recipe For Carrot Cake
How to cook delicious cream cheese recipe for carrot cake, In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Carrot cake loaf with cream cheese frosting asian in america. Allow cake to cool and prepare cream cheese frosting. Super moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting skinnytaste. Philadelphia cream cheese, powdered sugar, baking soda, flaked sweetened coconut and 12 more.
Secret Recipe Menu Malaysia | Secret Recipe Cake from www.lokataste.com
Philadelphia cream cheese, powdered sugar, baking soda, flaked sweetened coconut and 12 more. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Super moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting skinnytaste. Apr 06, 2011 · bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean but cake is still moist. Allow cake to cool and prepare cream cheese frosting. Carrot cake loaf with cream cheese frosting asian in america. Vegetable oil, powdered sugar, philadelphia cream cheese, milk and 11 more.
Also Check: Gluten Free At Nothing Bundt Cakes
The Best Ever Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
This truly is the BEST Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Ive ever had! Moist, fluffy cake flavored with lots of spice topped with a lusciously creamy orange-spiked cream cheese icing.
So it should be no surprise that I am not a carrot cake person.
Never have been, probably never will be.
BUT that said I made this for you because I realize that most people do like carrot cake and I have a blatant lack of carrot cake recipes on my site. Probably because my family and I avoid carrot desserts like the plague.
And I have to admit I REALLY liked this cake. I mean, it was close to feelings of love, for sure but I dont want to jump the gun just yet. Id prefer to let our newfound relationship develop slowly, like a fine wine. Let us become good friends first and then go down the road of love. Ya feel me?
But I really, really liked this cake. A lot. And I KNOW you will too, especially if you like carrot cake!
Now I know I say I dont like carrot cake but I have tried it multiple times and I am confident in saying now that this truly is the BEST carrot cake recipe Ive had. It is so supremely moist and fluffy, studded with carrots, pecans, and pineapple for extra zing and flavor. And the orange-spiked cream cheese frosting is heaven, yall. The perfect accompaniment to this fabulous cake!
That said, I did find that this cake was perfect with some crunchy pecans & sweet pineapple. Next time I think Ill add in some coconut, too!
The Spruce / Diana Rattray If You’re Looking For A Delectable Dessert To Treat Yourself Wi
Carrot Cake Loaf by oneslicemore | Quick & Easy Recipe from data.thefeedfeed.com
At seasonal gatherings, like halloween or thanksgiving, seasonal desserts are especially delicious. laura majchrzak, hunt valley, maryland homedishes & bevera. After decorating it with pink frosting roses, we transported it 50 miles to the church in the back of a car! The spruce / diana rattray if you’re looking for a delectable dessert to treat yourself wi. This cream cheese pound cake is rich and luscious. Use the cream cheese glaze or the basic vanilla glaze on the cake, or serve it with a fruit sauce. We stirred it all by hand and baked it in frying pans of varied sizes. If you’re making it just for the famil.
Read Also: Ben And Jerry’s Ice Cream Cake Review
The Best Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
This is my family favorite BEST cream cheese frosting recipe! It goes great on Carrot Cake, Red Velvet Cake, and just about any other flavor cake or cupcake you can imagine. Ive been making this cream cheese icing for years!
If I had things my way, every cake and every cupcake would be be buried beneath a mountain of cream cheese frosting.
Not buttercream Neverrarely buttercream always and only cream cheese. For someone with such a rampant sweet tooth, its alarming the number of times Ive turned down a slice of cake or a sky-high frosted cupcake because the buttercream just makes my teeth hurt .
While buttercream frostings are usually too sweet, cream cheese frosting I could eat with a spoon, and this recipe is every bit as versatile as buttercream its sturdy, pipe-able, can be dyed, and, most importantly, its delicious.
Now About That Frosting
Were topping off these pumpkin cupcake with a slight variation of my favorite cream cheese frosting. While I love that frosting as-is, were making some subtle tweaks:
- Brown sugar. The addition of a few tablespoons of brown sugar add a subtle depth of flavor . Pairs perfectly with pumpkin !
- A bit less powdered sugar. Between the three cups of powdered sugar were using and the brown sugar our frosting will be plenty sweet enough. Also, this frosting is specifically meant to be silkier and thinner than my traditional cream cheese frosting, and reducing some of the powdered sugar helps give us this smooth texture.
- Heavy Cream. This is optional! Beating in a tablespoon or two of heavy cream will make your frosting even silkier and smoother. Whether or not I add it usually depends on how I want my frosting to look on top of my cupcake when Im finished, if you leave out the cream it will be stiffer and easier to pipe prettily on top.
If youre not a fan of cream cheese frosting, feel free to substitute my Vanilla Frosting or Swiss Meringue Buttercream instead.
You May Like: Sam’s Graduation Cakes
Perfect Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
This is the perfect Carrot Cake recipe! Super soft and moist spiced cake made with loads of fresh carrots, all covered in a silky smooth cream cheese frosting and decorated with chopped pecans and adorable cream cheese carrots!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
*Photos updated 03/05/2020*
The Secret To My Best
This recipe originated from an Irish cookbook for Avoca Handweavers Cafe! Avoca Cafe is hidden off the beaten track in County Wicklow, just an hour outside of Dublin city. Whether you are a local or tourist, everyone should make the pilgrimage to Avoca for their amazing food and their endless array of freshly made baked goods that are a sight to be seen. This carrot cake recipe was published in their first cookbook in the early 2000s and I have been making it around the world ever since.
To be the best-ever cake, it has to be moist. To make a cake moist, you have to focus on the right ingredients, as always, but in perfect balance and concert. What sets this carrot cake apart is just that how the ingredients work together.
This tried-and-true recipe uses oil to get that moistness a carrot cake deserves. It also doesnt just have carrots, but it also uses both cinnamon and raisins! You can leave these out if youd like, but they add a special warmth and sweetness you wont get in other carrot cake recipes.
After years of delicious research, Im happy to say that this is definitively the Best-Ever Carrot Cake with unmatched flavor and moistness.
You May Like: Mrs Fields Happy Birthday Cookie Cake
Silky Smooth Cream Cheese Frosting
Every perfect carrot cake needs the best cream cheese frosting ever, which is exactly how Id describe my frosting recipe!
To make the frosting, we start by creaming the butter and cream cheese. I recommend using a stand mixer for this since well be preparing a large batch of frosting! And yes, well be using ¾ cup of butter plus ¼ cup of shortening and 2 packages of cream cheese. We want the cream cheese flavour to be nice and bold, not barely noticeable.
Next, add the icing sugar. Dont be shocked at the amount we use. Cream cheese frosting isnt the sturdiest frosting so we need to add a good amount of icing sugar to make it pipe-able. Although, if you dont want to decorate the cake with a border and the carrots, then you can go ahead and reduce the sugar amount and just spread it onto the cake.
To finish off the frosting, vanilla is added for flavour and a bit of salt to cut some of the sweetness, whip it up a little longer to make it nice and fluffy and voila! The perfect cream cheese frosting!
Awesome Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 3½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 package Neufchatel cheese
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- Step 2
In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in eggs, oil, 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, pineapple and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Step 3
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Step 4
To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, Neufchatel cheese, 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla. Beat until smooth, then stir in 1 cup chopped pecans. Spread on cooled cake.
Read Also: Bundt Cake Sarasota
Tips For Making Cream Cheese Icing:
- Make sure that you are using full-fat brick cream cheese, not low fat or spreadable cream cheese .
- I always like to use unsalted butter and add a dash of salt so that I have complete control over the flavor of the frosting. However, if you only have salted butter on hand then just omit the salt called for in the recipe.
- Make sure you allow your cream cheese and your butter to soften before making your frosting! Softening the butter and cream cheese ensure that your ingredients will combine well and be lump free.
- If you intend to pipe your frosting, I recommend sifting your powdered sugar before mixing it into your butter/cream cheese mixture, as small lumps of sugar can clog up your piping tips, especially if youre using a smaller tip.
Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
If you are in love with cakes like me then this moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting will definitely impress you. This versatile and delicious cake gives a burst of flavors in your mouth. The chunky texture of carrots, raisins and walnuts with aroma of cinnamon and ginger makes it a next level cake that you crave to eat again and again. It is moist and gooey cake with a perfect blend of spices in it. Combo of cream cheese frosting gives it a truly divine taste. It is rich in flavors, and surely the best carrot cake you have ever tried.
The slice of this heavenly carrot cake with a cup of tea or coffee in chilling winter evenings soothes your brain and gives you warmth. It is actually the best thing to serve with evening tea. But you can also serve it as a dessert in dinners. It is very different and unique in taste compared to ordinary cakes and perfect to make on occasions like Eid, birthdays, parties and family gatherings.
Don’t Miss: Wedding Cake Steps For A Pool