Can I Use Other Types Of Little Debbie Cakes
Yes, in addition to the chocolate Christmas tree cakes, there are varieties year round.
You can make this dip with Little Debbie birthday cakes, zebra cakes, other seasonal cakes and more. This is one of our favorite dessert recipes and we try to make it year round.
Feel free to use other types of Little Debbie cakes so you can make this year round too. I think you will love it.
We even make a Christmas Dirty Cake using Little Debbie Cakes.
Tips For Making Christmas Tree Cakes
We just went through the steps for making the christmas tree cakes, but lets review the important tips you need to know to ensure the process is smooth sailing!
- If possible, use a sheet pan that has 2-inch tall sides. If you dont have a sheet pan/cake pan with tall sides, you may want to consider dividing the batter between two sheet pans , so you dont have cake batter bake over the sides.
- Cool the cake completely before cutting your shapes.
- Use a metal cookie cutter, not plastic.
- Make sure to add E-Z Gel to your gelatin to stabilize it. If you cant find E-Z Gel, you can bloom gelatin for your whipped cream.
- Use a knife or icing spatula to smooth the whipped cream along sides of the cakes.
- Freeze the mini cakes overnight before dipping in white chocolate to ensure the cakes dont break and fall apart as you dip.
- Use a good quality white chocolate, similar to what I linked above.
- Add sprinkles while the chocolate is still soft.
What Do You Eat With Christmas Tree Dip
I like to serve Christmas Tree dip with graham crackers! However, you could also serve pretzels, golden Oreos, Vanilla Wafers, and Fruit!
This Christmas Tree Dip will be a huge hit at your holiday party this year! Take it to a Christmas Event or Christmas Brunch to share with your friends and family!
I am also a huge fan of this No Bake Sugar Cookie Fudge Recipe! Its so easy to make and SO GOOD!
Read Also: Stairs For Wedding Cakes
Homemade Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes
Do you remember the Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes from the grocery store? These were a fan-favorite at my house growing up. On special occasions, like field trips, my mom would surprise us with a Little Debbie treat. And oh! What a treat these were! Yellow cake, filled with whipped cream and dipped in chocolate. Yum!
While my taste buds have matured quite a bit since then, the nostalgia of these little tree cakes remains the same.
I couldnt have been more excited when an Instagram follower suggested I make a homemade version of the Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes. What a great idea because we all know the packaged ones dont taste nearly the same as they used to.
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes Now Come In Ice Cream Form
Its officially fall to me when the pumpkin spice latte returns, Halloween when Reeses pumpkins and bats come back, and not the holiday season until Little Debbies Christmas Tree Cakes show up on store shelves.
If youve somehow never had them, the two-layer golden cakes are filled with creme and coated in white icing with red icing stripes and green sprinkles. The tiny trees, which first debuted in 1985, are so popular that Little Debbie even released a summer version last year, and now, theyre turning the holiday treat into ice cream!
The brand-new Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes Ice Cream is launching exclusively at Walmart beginning Nov. 1, until supplies last. Made by Hudsonville, a representative says the ice cream has a creamy white cake base and pound cake pieces. It is also swirled with green sprinkles and red frosting, just like the cakes. It will cost around $2.50 for a pint.
If you find yourself with too many Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes , you can actually make your own ice cream with them. This recipe from Rose Bakes calls for just six ingredients, including the diced-up Little Debbie cakes. Youll also need standard ice cream ingredients, like whipping cream and condensed milk.
Post has also turned some Hostess treats into cereal, including Twinkies, Honey Bun and Donettes. You can even find Funfetti cereal that tastes like birthday cake if you really want to celebrate the morning.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Nothing Bundt Cakes
How To Make Homemade Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes
- Make one Classic Yellow Cake in an 11 x 15 rectangular cake pan or similar size.
- Cool the cake completely and then you have two options: first, you can start by torting the entire sheet cake. After torting the cake, keep the two layers stacked and then cut your tree shapes using a cookie cutter . OR, you can do the reverse: cut your tree shapes using a cookie cutter first and then split each tree in half. Either way, youre looking to create 2-layer, 4-inch trees.
- Make stabilized whipped cream, using E-Z Gel.
- Fill each tree cake with whipped cream, making sure the whipped cream goes to the edge of the tree shape. You dont want gaps between the cake layers, otherwise the chocolate wont cover the cake as smoothly.
- Place the tree cakes on a baking sheet in a single layer, seal with a fitted cover or plastic wrap, and then freeze overnight.
- Freezing the tree cakes is essential for dipping the trees in white chocolate.
- Melt good quality white chocolate.
- Dip the frozen trees in white chocolateand the place on parchment paper.
- Immediately decorate the trees with sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to harden and then pipe additional designs with vanilla buttercream. Youll only need about 1/4th batch of the buttercream for the piping designs.
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes Dip 2021
Cool the cake completely and then you have two options : Tub whipped topping red & green sprinkles, for garnish cookies, fruit, or other dippables for serving.
In The Pink Designs By Cathryn Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Box With Coming Home In 2021 Debbie Snacks Christmas Craft Show Christmas Treats Holders
Read Also: Samsclub Cake Prices
We Don’t Want To Leave This Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip Out For Santa It’s Too Good
Were dashing through the snow with a sweet tooth and the best Christmas snacks you can buy. But if youre looking to indulge this year without blowing that Christmas shopping budget, whip up this holidays sweetest guilty pleasure with only a few ingredientsand without leaving the comfort of your kitchen.
This Little Debbie Christmas tree cake dip makes regular milk and cookies look like childs play. Heres the ultimate festive treat your holiday has been missing!
Christmas Tree Cake Dip: Cooking Up A Storm With Jacob
Christmas Tree Cakes are one of my favorite snacks, but making them into a dip seems to be even better. Heres how to take those delightful little treats and make them into a holiday dip that is festive, delicious and everyone loves.
Ingredients: 1 box Christmas Tree Cakes1 8-oz. Package Cream Cheese 1/3 C milk1 8-oz tub Whipped ToppingRed/Green Sprinkles/Icing for garnish
Directions:1. In a stand mixer or food processor, mix cakes, cream cheese, milk and vanilla until smooth2. Transfer mixture to bowl, add whipped topping3. Place dip in serving bowl, refrigerate until ready4. Garnish with sprinkles/icing before serving
Serving: Serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, fresh fruit and more for dipping.
Tips: 1. You dont have to have the blend consistently mixed up, it can still have chunks of Christmas Tree Cakes in it and be fine2. Looking for something Chocolatey? Add Chocolate Christmas Tree Cakes, or add chocolate chips and cocoa powder to give it a chocolate boost!
Don’t Miss: Nothing Bundt Cakes Marble Bundtlet
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip
Published by Meaghan on
Little Debbie Christmas tree cake dip is the latest delicious trend to take the internet by store. This festive dip combines the popular snack cake with a creamy sweet dessert dip to make the most fun treat of the holiday season!
Little Debbie snack cakes and I have a history.
I adore them.
In all flavors and varieties. Ive been enjoying them as long as I can remember.
And while yes, I do love them all, the Christmas tree cakes are the absolute best.
Kind of like how the Reeses trees and pumpkins are far and away better than the standard peanut butter cups.
What Is Christmas Tree Cake Dip
Basically its a cream cheese and cake based dessert made famous thanks to Tik Tok.
You might have also heard this called Christmas tree Christmas dip.
Its the same delicious thing.
Ever had dunkaroo dip? Its just like that, except this version tastes like a Christmas tree cake.
While it seems like it mightve been made up by some crazy sugar-loving genius, its actually a concoction from the Little Debbie company themselves.
The original recipe can be found on their website.
Read Also: Sam’s Club Cake Order Form
Tips And Tricks For Making Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip
Little debbie christmas tree cakes dip 2021. This dip, these marshmallow cookies, this lemon bundt. Scrumptious christmas tree cakes are combined with decadent cream cheese and fluffy whipped topping to create a delectable dip or fun topping! Add cakes, cream cheese, milk and vanilla to a food processor and puree.
How to make homemade little debbie christmas tree cakes make one classic yellow cake in an 11 x 15 rectangular cake pan or similar size. We make this for movie night because it is so easy. This recipe is inspired by little debbie.
Little debbie christmas tree cakes dip 2021 june 5, 2021 by little debbie christmas tree cakes dip. Heres how to make the little debbie christmas tree cake dip everyones talking about. Gf df christmas tree cakes published by livwelleatwell on december 31, 2021 december 31, 2021.
This will be a hit. Last year, i shared a recipe card that i received for a dip. 1 package cream cheese.
It literally takes 5 minutes to whip up. 2 packages little debbie christmas tree cakes. While the cakes are baking, make the middle.
Add the christmas tree cakes to a food processor and pulse until broken down. These christmas tree cakes bring back so many childhood memories. Just toss all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and blend until youve got a thick, crumbly texture.
Dont skip the step of chopping up the trees. Little debbie christmas tree cakes dip: 1 carton cool whip, thawed.
Pin On Desserts And Sweets
Christmas Tree Cake Dip Tips And Tricks:
- Chop the Christmas tree cakes before mixing. This will help the dip have a smoother texture.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature. I normally just sit the cream cheese on the counter while I am getting everything together for the recipe.
- The cool whip needs to be completely thawed before mixing with the other ingredients. You do not want any frozen bits of whipped topping in the dip.
- Substitute the chocolate Christmas cakes for a new flavor. Chocolate fans will love this idea.
- Top the dip with a Little Debbie Christmas tree for garnishment. It just adds to it and gives it a festive touch.
- If you are making this dip in advance, wait to add the sprinkles until right before serving. Otherwise it will run into the dip and look messy.
- The dip will have pieces of cake in it. If you prefer a smoother texture, use a food processor instead of a hand mixer to blend the dip. This is really about personal preference and either way is fine.
Read Also: Sams Club Birthday Cakes 2021
What Do You Need To Make Christmas Tree Cake Dip
- The biggest ingredient you will need is one box of Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes! Thats all!
- Add some cream cheese, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream for a little more flavor and to keep it soft!
- Dont forget holiday sprinkles! You can skip these if youd like, or add a few extra similar sprinkles to make it even more festive!
How To Make Christmas Tree Cake Dip
Read Also: Mrs Fields Giant Cookie
Can I Make This Recipe Using Other Little Debbie Snack Cakes
Yes, you should be able to with no problem at all! I think their Zebra Cakes and Birthday Cakes would work well in this recipe. Be sure to also try it with other seasonal snack cakes throughout the years as well!
Every single Christmas party needs delicious desserts like this Christmas Tree Cake Dip to munch on! Here are more popular Christmas sweets to whip up for your next holiday party!
- Brownie Christmas Trees Prep this festive boxed brownie mix dessert in just 20 minutes!
- Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes Light, fluffy cupcakes topped with a green buttercream frosting Christmas tree!
- Soft Christmas Sugar Cookies Decorate these delicious cookies with your kids to start a fun family tradition!
- No Bake Christmas Krispie Treats Made with festive sprinkles, mini marshmallows, and red and green M& Ms!
- Christmas Tree Brownie Bites Brownie bites piled high with green frosting then decorated with sprinkles!
How To Store Christmas Tree Cake Dip
To store this dessert dip, cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days although, if its at my house, it wont last that long its so delicious. If adding sprinkles, wait until just before serving the dip to your guests as the sprinkles will melt over time.
Also Check: Nothing Bundt Cakes Gluten-free Ingredients List
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Ice Cream Cake
Another take on Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Ice Cream worth trying â¦
Little Debbieâs Christmas Tree Cake Milkshake
I love a good milkshake, and this one looks more than good. Looks amazing â¦ donât use the cholate Christmas tree cakes. Stick with the OGs â¦ theyâre much better anyway.
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Holiday Dip
Hey, yall. Did you grow up eating Little Debbie cakes? I most certainly did and, in all honesty, I probably ate far too many of them. I always looked most forward to the seasonal cakes, but most specifically, the Christmas Tree Cakes. While tasting one this year, I decided to repurpose them in a recipe. And since I am jokingly known as the king of dips, I created this Little DebbieChristmas Tree Cake Holiday Dip. Its sweet, pretty, and oh-so-festive. I know yall are going to love it!
Read Also: Baskin Robbins Sugar Free Ice Cream Cake