Make The Chocolate Crunchies
Using the above tips, this is an easy cake to make. The magic chocolate crunchies can be made ahead of time, and I also stick my two cans of coconut milk in the fridge when I start so I dont forget to do so later.
I love how easy it is to find gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies now , and for this recipe, youll scrape out the filling from them. What you do with that filling is up to you.
Both chocolate and coconut oil melt at relatively low temperatures, so you dont need much heat. Stir together until melted, then remove from the heat and add your agave before stirring again.
Add about half the chocolate mixture to your cookie crumbles and pulse again to combine. The mixture should look a little wet but not be dripping with moisture. Add a little more if needed. This does not need to be exact, and youll save the extra for decorating your cake later.
Award Winning Bee’s Knees Organic Ice Cream Cake
Revival Ice Cream ships its legendary ice cream nationwide on Goldbelly! This ice cream cake features Revivals signature Bees Knees layered with gluten-free dark chocolate sponge cake to create this party-ready dessert item. This cake is gluten-free! Revival Ice cream is organic.
Revival Ice Cream is taking ice cream making to the next level, making the best organic ice cream in the most sustainable, thoughtful way with the freshest, in-season, and locally sourced ingredients. Revival Ice Cream is creating rich, original flavors with ingredients like strawberries from Watsonville, honey from Carmel, and lavender grown in their own backyards in Monterey, California. Their award-winning Bees Knees ice cream combines burnt honey, beeswax, and bee pollen with their own creamy organic custard and crunchy honeycomb candy its delicious, out of the ordinary, and really worth all the buzz! Revival Ice Creams Bees Knees ice cream won The Gelato World Tour Challenge in 2017.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Samoa Ice Cream Cake
July 13, 2016 by Laura
Recreate a childhood classic cookie into a food allergy friendly no bake vegan Gluten Free Dairy Free Samoa Ice Cream Cake . Whether you grew up eating samoa cookies or caramel delites, youre bound to love every bite of this vegan dairy free chocolate ice cream cake.
Its been somewhat of a transition but Summer is finally in full swing. I can honestly say were enjoying it to the fullest! This is the time when kids can truly be kids without responsibility and more flexibility on schedules like bed time. Summer is all about having fun when youre young And eating cool treats like ice cream. Lots of ice cream. All fun things seem to end with a big bowl or cone full of ice cream. And a no bake vegan Gluten Free Dairy Free Samoa Ice Cream Cake is tons of fun too.
Its like taking the Girl Scout Samoa Cookie to a new level. With that new level, lets add Food Allergy friendly to the list. This samoa cookie ice cream cake is gluten free dairy free, egg free, peanut free and tree nut free and Vegan. Totally fun and not to mention cool.
Well talk more about the cake in just a moment. First Id like to share a moment of pure joy as a parent.
Sounds organized. And it is.
So fun to watch.
Mr. Naughtys first time at bat went like this:
Swing and a miss for the ball, but got the tee instead.
Second swing hit the ball. Now what?? Oh, yeah! Run where do I run?
First base. Ill just bring the bat with me.
Run to second. Whaat? I have to run again? Where??
Also Check: Sam’s Club Bakery Wedding Cakes
Storing And Freezing The Ice Cream Cake
- To store: Store the cake in the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving it. This ensures that the ice cream softens slightly, but still can be sliced into and hold its shape. The cake cannot be stored in the fridge any longer, or else it will fall apart and the ice cream will seep into the cake.
- Refreezing: Leftover ice cream cake should be stored in the freezer, completely covered, to ensure that there is no freezer burn. I recommend slicing the cake and keeping them in small containers. The cake will keep well frozen for up to 2 months.
The Best Way To Make The Ice Cream Layers
This next section is really the key to how to make a fantastic and easy homemade ice cream cake. Have you ever tried to just scoop the ice cream onto the cake layers, only to have it melt and slosh about? Well, thats why were actually cutting the ice cream layers out of the ice cream.
To do so, well soften the ice cream to spread in a large casserole dish. Then once weve re-frozen the ice cream, well trace the cake layers by using the bottom of a cake pan. Use a knife to cut the ice cream along the trace makers and freeze again until youre ready to layer the cake.
This way, youre working with frozen ice cream rather than softened ice cream, and it will be much easier to stack and layer the cakes.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Buy Opera Cake
Tips And Tricks For The Best Gluten
- While this Ice Cream Cake is very easy to make, it does require some empty flat freezer space.
- It needs to be made the day before you plan to serve it to allow for the layers to set and then for the cake to set properly so make sure to plan ahead!
- SUGGESTION: Lower the temperature of your freezer to as low as possible to help set the layers and cake properly.
Gluten Free Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
June 22, 2016 by Sarah
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake. Whats more summer than that? Not much. Strawberries are one of the beloved summer fruits, one that I cant get enough of. Thankfully, we happen to have a strawberry stand just down the street from house. They have the best strawberries ever. I buy them and they are gone within minutes. Cant resist their natural just-picked sweetness!
Growing up, I can remember requesting an ice cream cake for jut about all of my birthdays. My mom would usually make them herself, well, because homemade is always better. There is just something about layers of cake , ice cream and whipped cream that makes me so happy. My favorite was always mocha fudge ice cream with chocolate cake. Yep, even in my younger years I had a love for all things coffee!
With this ice cream cake, I went straight for the So Delicious Dairy Free Simply Strawberry coconut milk ice cream. Its such a fun, summery flavor! After blending it with fresh diced strawberries, it made the ice cream layer even more berrylicious. Strawberry ice cream sandwiched between two layers of vanilla cake, topped with creamy Cocowhip whipped topping. This gluten free vegan ice cream cake is oh so fruity and would be fabulous to serve at your next backyard barbecue with friends.
Thanks, So Delicious Dairy Free, for providing yummy dairy free frozen treats to help keep our summer cool and extra sweet!
Recommended Reading: Wedding Cake At Sams Club
The Easiest Dairy Free Ice Cream Cake
This cookies and cream ice cream cake is the most popular recipe on my blog by far and its one of our go-to party desserts.
Theres only one problem since Im lactose intolerant I personally cant enjoy more than a couple bites! But the good news is that all it takes is one simple substitution to make a dairy free ice cream cake that I can eat as much of as my heart desires!
Instead of using regular ice cream sandwiches, I use a dairy free version and Im good to go! My favorites are made with coconut milk ice cream, but you can use whichever variety you prefer.
How To Make Whipped Cream Frosting
This recipe is for a stabilized whipped cream frosting.
- Place your mixing bowl in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes.
- In the cold mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream on medium speed for 15-30 seconds or until its foamy.
- Add the pure vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and cornstarch and continue mixing at medium speed until stiff peaks form and it becomes firm.
- Refrigerate until ready to frost the cake.
You can skip this step and use Cool Whip or Cocowhip for the dairy-free option.
Read Also: Gluten Free At Nothing Bundt Cakes
Is Cold Stone Ice Cream Cake Gluten
Cold Stone Creamery products contain gluten? Gluten is present in Cake Batter®, Cinnamon Bun, Cookie Dough, and Oatmeal Cookie Batter ice creams. The mixing stone is cleaned frequently, but we cannot guarantee that residual gluten-containing products will not be accidentally mixed with your ice cream.
Ice Cream Cake Pro Tips:
- Whenever making a frozen cake like this, you want to use a springform pan. The springform pan makes it easy to release the sides of the cake. Bonus? Use parchment paper or a sheet of wax paper to line the bottom of the springform pan, which makes it that much easier to remove the ice cream cake when its done and place it on your serving plate to decorate and enjoy.
- Make sure you leave a border of your ice cream when you place that layer of magic chocolate crunchies. You want the two layers of your frozen treat to be touching. If your magic chocolate crunchies go all the way to the edge, your ice cream cake layers wont adhere to each other and your cake will slide around. No bueno!
- Dont worry if your ice cream cake doesnt look perfect when you first remove it from the springform pan. Your whipped topping will fix it. Frosting fixes anything!
- Before you place your ice cream cake onto your plate to decorate, cut strips of parchment paper and use them to line the plate. Once youve finished decorating the cake and its refrozen, carefully pull them out. This leaves you with a clean plate and makes it look that much more professional.
- Because your topping is frozen, when you first pull it from the freezer after applying your frosting, use a knife to carefully cut around the edge of the frosting being careful to not cut through the parchment paper to give it a clean edge and remove any excess. If you decide you have to eat that portion, I wont blame you.
You May Like: Above Ground Pool Wedding Cake Steps
Copycat Vegan Ice Cream Dairy Queen Cake
Dairy Queen cake vegan copycat is a nostalgic dream come true! Chocolate and vanilla ice cream, an irresistible fudge and crunchy center, topped with whipped cream icing and sprinkles!
The Dairy Queen cake is iconic. It was the ultimate birthday cake. The first cake to make their homemade counterparts seem significantly less cool and desirable. I remember when friends would announce their upcoming birthday parties at school, one of the first questions would be what kind of cake they are having. There was always a lingering air of disappointment when Dairy Queen wasnt mentioned.
Apparently not much has changed. Every time my guys go to a party and ice cream cake is served, they are genuinely disappointed they couldnt have any. Whereas, with traditional desserts and cakes, they couldnt care less if they cant take part. They whine about how Dairy Queen doesnt offer lactose free, vegan friendly versions and how its depressing theyll never get to even try it.
Well, chisel out my mom award, because I have gone and created a vegan, gluten free version of the most beloved ice cream cake in the world!
My picky eaters 10th birthday is this week and with this whole quarantine thing destroying all his birthday party dreams, figured I would do whatever I could to at the very least satiate his dreams of finally sampling the greatest cake to ever come from a fast food joint.
Copycat Vegan Ice Cream Dairy Queen Cake Ingredients
Helpful Tips Copycat Vegan Dairy Queen Cake
Tips To Making The Best Gluten
- Before beginning, make sure your cake stand FITS IN YOUR FREEZER.
- Allow at least 6-8 hours to fully layer and frost cake.
- So here is the super duper tip I will give you that makes this cake a cinch to make: After baking the chocolate cake layers, allow them to fully cool on a cooling rack. Take one baking round pan, line it with parchment paper, and push ice cream into baking pan. It will create the perfect shape and size to go between your chocolate cake layers.
- Freeze your baking pan shaped ice cream for at least 2 hours.
Then you can create your cake! Flip the ice cream upside down on top of the first chocolate cake layer and peel off the parchment paper. If you check out our recipe video below youll see just how easy it really is!
I promise, I wouldnt be giving you guys this recipe if it wasnt easy.
You know me, pretty much incapable of any difficult recipe.
Now for the sake of simple most of the times I just buy some ice cream from the store. BUT if you want to go a step further into natural and delicious from scratch youve GOT to try our Honey Ice Cream recipe.
You May Like: Ben And Jerry’s Ice Cream Cake Review
Does Carvel Make A Gluten Free Ice Cream Cake
Carvel ice cream cakes are elli cream cakes Gluten Friendly? Gluten-free ice cream is one of the most popular flavors at our store. We do not have gluten-free chocolate crunchies in our ice cream cakes, however. If you need to make the cakes gluten-friendly, you can substitute the crunchies for fudge or sprinkles at any Carvel retail location.
Recipe Notes And Tips
- using a 10 inch cheesecake springform pan will make this Oreo ice cream cake turn out perfectly round like a cake. A 10 inch round cake pan also works.
- next an angled icing spatula is helpful with this recipe. Youll use it for several layers of this cake. I also use this spatula with several other recipes. It is a lifesaver.
- its helpful to cover sides of the pan with Glad Pressn Seal Plastic Food Wrap.
- importantly, place the vanilla and chocolate ice cream pints on the counter top to thaw well before you need them. I find dairy free ice cream requires more time to soften.
- keep in mind this mouthwatering homemade ganache can be used for other recipes too!
- lastly, this ice cream cake can be made a day or two ahead of time. Woot woot for all you early birds who like to get the worm.
Also Check: Wedding Cake Pool Stairs For Sale