How To Make The Graham Cracker Crust
To make this easy cheesecake recipe, youll start with a homemade graham cracker crust. If youve never made one before I have a simple tutorial for how to make a graham cracker crust here. Heres how I make my graham cracker crusts:
- Combine crushed graham cracker crumbs and sugar: If you want to make this recipe a little easier you can use store-bought graham cracker crumbs and skip crushing them yourself!
- Stir in melted butter: Use your hands if you need to for this step, all of the graham cracker crumbs should be moistened.
- Press it into a springform pan: I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup to firmly press it down into the pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes then set it aside to cool slightly
What Is Cheesecake Filling Made Of
- Softened Cream Cheese: Use plain Philadelphia cream cheese, or another brand of your choice. Take it out of the fridge about an hour before youre ready to bake. This softens the cream cheese, making it much easier to mix.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is recommended for this recipe. You can also use your favorite alternative sweetener such as Stevia or agave nectar.
- Vanilla Extract: Pure and natural vanilla extract is the best choice for a rich, decadent cheesecake.
- Egg: Use a large, fresh egg for this recipe.
- Sour Cream: Sour cream adds a subtle tang to your cheesecake. You can substitute with Greek yogurt and a pinch of baking soda.
Youll also need a graham cracker crust to make this delicious cheesecake.
Make Your Cheesecake Filling
Like I said, make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature. Not only will this ensure it bakes perfectly, it will also prevent your cheesecake batter from being lumpy. If you try and mix the filling up with cream cheese that isnt quite room temperature, you will get lots of lumps. A few lumps is perfectly fine, too many lumps will change the texture.
Another huge tip is to NOT over mix the cheesecake. Over mixing will incorporate too much air into the filling and cause it to crack as its baking. Over baking will also cause cracking too, but we will get to that in a minute.
You will need 4 packages of cream cheese for this cheesecake recipe.
Just spread the cheesecake filling on top of the crust and smooth it out using a spatula or an offset spatula.
Recommended Reading: Wilton Sheet Cake Pan Sizes
Can I Freeze Cheesecake
Yes! To freeze your cheesecake allow it to cool completely on the stovetop and set in the fridge. Then you can freeze it by wrapping it in a couple layers of plastic wrap, plus a couple layers of tin foil. Cheesecake will keep in the freezer for a few months. When you are ready to eat your cheesecake, transfer it to the fridge to thaw overnight.
Can I Make Cheesecake Without A Springform Pan
You can use almost any baking pan for your cheesecake. Theres no need to adjust the baking temperature, especially when you know how to tell when a cheesecake is done. If your recipe calls for a 10-inch springform pan, a 9×13 pan, 9-inch tube pan or 10-inch Bundt cake pan would be good substitutes.
Recommended Reading: Sams Sheet Cake Price
What Is A No Bake Cheesecake And How Is It Different From A Baked Cheesecake
No bake cheesecakes are made without eggs and are set in the fridge for several hours. The main ingredients are cream cheese and double cream, and they are whisked together until thick. Baked cheesecakes are made with eggs and require baking to set them. Both cheesecake options are delicious, but I prefer no bake cheesecakes because they super creamy, mousse-like and absolutely yummy. Plus they are also so easy to make! Once to try them you will be a no bake cheesecake convert!
How Do You Remove A No Bake Cheesecake From The Tin
First, make sure you have a plate or cake stand ready to move your cheesecake onto, you will also need a butter knife, and a couple of palette knives or a cake lifter. Unclip the tin slightly, then run a butter knife around the edge to loosen it. You may need to stop as you go around and wipe the knife on some kitchen roll.
Next, fully unclip the tin and place your hand underneath on the base of the tin. Push the cheesecake upwards and let the sides of the tin gently fall onto the work surface. Then use your other hand to support the cheesecake while you take your first hand out from the tin . Place the cheesecake with the base of the tin still attached on your work surface and run your palette knife around the edge to loosen it from the base.
Then use either two palette knives, or a cake lifter, to lift the cheesecake from the base of the tin and move it onto your serving plate. You can also move the base closer to the plate and slide it from the base to the plate. You may need to use a butter knife again to smooth around the sides. And your cheesecake is ready to either serve, or decorate and then serve!
Recommended Reading: Rice Cakes On Keto
Tools Youll Need For This Cheesecake:
- I make this cheesecake in a 9 Springform pan, but you could also make it in an 8 Springform pan or a 9 square baking dish.
- With no bake cheesecakes its very important that you use an electric mixer, but it doesnt need to be fancy! I use the KitchenAid handheld mixer for most of my recipes.
- An offset spatula is essential for getting the top super smooth, but this is totally optional and wont affect the way it tastes
Pin this recipe to save for later
How Do You Fluff Cream Cheese Without A Mixer
Microwave on HIGH power for about 15 to 20 seconds. Place unwrapped cream cheese on the microwave safe plate. As you can see I did not chop the cold cream cheese slab into chunks, even though some cooks do that as well. Microwave your cream cheese for 15 to 20 seconds and then remove it from the microwave.
Also Check: Graduation Cakes At Sam’s Club
Video Result For Lemon Cake With Cheesecake Filling
Chocolate Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Filling
French Macaron Filling Recipe | Lemon Blueberry…
The BEST Classic Fruit Tart Recipe!! With Lemon Curd & …
white chocolate & lemon curd cheesecake with…
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
Cheesecake with Lemon Curd | Cooking With Chris
How To Make Lemon Cheesecake Dump Cake Recipe // 4…
Eggless White Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake Lemon…
Macaron Filling Recipe | Lemon Cake (with white…
Easy Lemon Cheesecake
Lemon Cheesecake – King Arthur Baking
Copy the link and share
Lemon Cheesecake Cake – Inside BruCrew Life
Copy the link and share
How Do You Fix A Runny Cheesecake Filling
Even without a water bath, you can simply put your cheesecake back in the oven, even after it has already been in the fridge. In order to do that, set your oven to a low temperature and let the cheesecake slow-cook to the right temp. Come back to check every 5 minutes. It shouldnt take more than 15-30 minutes.
You May Like: Oreo Cake Baskin Robbins
Ways To Use This Baked Cheesecake Filling
- Making a 9-inch cheesecake, like I have done today, is simple.
- Cresent bars with cheesecake filling are easy to make.
- This cheesecake filling may be used to fill the centers of cupcakes, such as these Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes.
- Make Banana Bread Cheesecake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Serve as a filling for a coffee cake or biscuits.
- It may be used to fill Cheesecake Brownies.
- If you want to make individual sweets, bake them in mason jars.
Overview: How To Make Mini No
Recommended Reading: Sam’s Club Cakes Wedding
How To Properly Add This Filling To A Cake
I recommend piping a frosting ring or frosting dam when using this cheesecake filling.
I use this technique whenever I want to fill a cake with something that is soft or less thick than buttercream.
Below is a picture from a cherry cake I made last summer. I added cherry preserves to frosting to make the filling, which made it too thin to add to the cake with a frosting ring.
To use this technique, pipe a ring of buttercream around the edge of you cake layer, then spoon a generous amount of this cheesecake filling on the inside. Smooth with an offset spatula, then repeat.
Frost the outside of the cake with the frosting you used to pipe the frosting ring, and youre all done!
I used my cream cheese frosting on this cake, so that it was cheesecake themed through and through.
Is Gelatine Necessary To Make It Set
No, as long as all the steps are followed and the correct ingredients are used, no bake cheesecake will set without gelatine, or other setting agents like agar agar. I’m not able to advise on using gelatine as all of my recipes are vegetarian so I don’t use gelatine at all because it is an animal product.
Don’t Miss: Sam’s Club Cake Order Form
How To Prevent Your Cheesecake From Cracking
Theres nothing worse than spending the time making a cheesecake and then ending up with a huge crack down the middle. Here are a few ways to avoid any unnecessary cracks in your cheesecake:
- Dont overmix the eggs: Its best to lightly beat the eggs first, then mix them in on low speed until just combined. This will keep you from mixing extra air into the filling and prevent any large bubbles or cracks in the cheesecake.
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath: You dont want to skip this step! The water bath adds moisture to the oven and allows the cheesecake to bake evenly.
- Dont overbake the cheesecake: I find that 60-65 minute at 325°F is the perfect amount of time to bake this. The edges should be set and the center will be slightly jiggly.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes: Another cause of cracks in cheesecakes or sinking is due to sudden temperature changes. To avoid this, youll let the cheesecake cool in the oven with the door slightly cracked for one hour after its finished baking.
Why Is That This The Very Best No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
Read more: how to make a crepe cake
For me, its all concerning the filling. Ive at all times ever made no bake cheesecakes utilizing cream cheese and funky whip, however for this one I went with an previous normal recipe: cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. That stuff is like Gods nectar and makes EVERYTHING higher.
The crust is a graham cracker crust thats SUPER thick and scrumptious. I like a thick crust and this one is the very best.
You May Like: Nothing Bundt Cake Gift Card Balance
The Best Foolproof Cheesecake Recipe
This is one of the easiest cheesecakes you will ever make. Cross my heart. And forget about all those cheesecake recipes from the past where you had to leave the oven door open for 5 hours after baking for the cheesecake to set. This recipe has an easy baking method that takes all of the scariness out of making cheesecake.
How To Make Classic Cheesecake
You only need a few basic staple ingredients for this cheesecake recipe.
Don’t Miss: Qvc Graham And Rollins Crab Cakes
How To Tell If A No Bake Cheesecake Has Set
While its always best to let your dish set overnight in the fridge, we know that sometimes it just isnt possible to wait that long. You may be in a time crunch and have to jet off to the event that you made your dessert for or you could just be impatient and are itching to try out your creation! Either way, its essential to let your homemade cheesecake set in the refrigerator for at least four hours. Youll know its ready by its appearance: if its shiny and firm to the touch, feel free to dig in.