Check Out These Low Sugar Dessert Recipes For Some Sweet Inspiration
2. Sugar-Free Strawberry Pretzel Salad: This vintage dessert pairs sugar-free Jell-O and cream cheese, with salty pretzels adding a buttery crunch to each spoonful.
3. Sugar-Free Flourless Cookies With Almond Flour and Flaxseed: Crunchy holiday cookies sweetened with monkfruit and stevia will hit the spot as your after-dinner sweet.
4. Sugar-Free Pecan Crescent Cookies: Buttery, crumbly pecan cookies made with almond and coconut flours will give you the cookie flavor you crave without having a sugar crash later in the day.
5. Almond Flour Fig Cake: Sticky sweet honey flavors this almond-based cake instead of refined sugar. You can also use maple syrup or agave.
6. Pistachio Chocolate Blondies: Coconut sugar adds a caramelized depth of flavor to these blondies that white sugar could never compete with.
How To Make This Chocolatey Wonder
This dairy-free and egg-free chocolate cake recipe is so easy, I know youre going to be amazed. I think its a great opportunity to get thosereluctant cooks and even the kids in the kitchen for this.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and make some date paste.
Date paste is super simple to make in a blender or food processor. One great thing is that once you make it, any leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. It freezes well too!
I have written an entire articleHow to Make Date Pasteif you want to take a look, but it is super easy. Just add dates and water to a blender or food processor and mix well.
Once the date paste is ready, set it to the side to be added to the wet ingredients shortly.
Tips For Making A Sugar Free Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Dont overmix the batter, or mix to roughly and especially dont mix it all together with the electric beaters. Those are only for the butter and sweetener and the eggs.
- Use a big wooden spoon to mix in the dry ingredients to the wet to retain as much air and lightness as possible. Overmixing will make the cake tough.
- Even though this is a lemon cake, it is not necessary to put any lemon juice into the actual cake batter as the big lemon flavour of the cake comes from the lemon syrup drizzle.
- For this Lemon Quick Bread, make sure to heat the oven beforehand so that you can pop it in as soon as you have it in the lined loaf tin as any delays are not good for the baking soda and cream of tartar.
Related: Traditional Aussie Spinach Cob Loaf
This is a super easy sugar free lemon loaf to make from scratch because there are only 8 ingredients, about 5 minutes of prep and no food processor or blender required. Electric beaters are a nice shortcut if you have them, if not, you can get a similar result with a whisk and lots of huffing and puffing.
You May Like: Keto Tteokbokki
Sugar Free Homemade Cake
If youve never made a homemade cake before, this is a great recipe to start with. We have made this cake countless times in many different ways. It has never failed us and is a great beginner cake. We replaced regular sugar with zero calorie sweetener . The cake baked up moist and tender with a light crumb. I was really surprised how much I liked it and even my picky sugar-loving family didnt seem to mind there was no sugar in it.
Best Ever Easy Healthy Sugar Free Greek Yogurt Fresh
Even though this is a. If it comes out clean, almost clean with few crumbs, cake is cooked.
Best healthy moist low sugar greek yogurt cinnamon apple. A sugar free vanilla sponge cake recipe | diabetic sponge cake.
Carrot cake carrot cake recipe cake recipes sugar free. Although it may not be a sugar itself, refined white flour is digested really quickly, which may aggravate blood sugar levels.
Chocolate cake recipe chocolate cake recipe videos. Beat the eggs, add the melted honey and butter and beat well.
Chocolate spelt cake with reishiinfused chocolate ganache. Besides the dutch style cocoa, you will also need these ingredients.
Easy healthy moist stevia sugarfree white chocolate. Even though this is a.
Eggless blueberry cake using cake mix blueberry cake. If it comes out clean, almost clean with few crumbs, cake is cooked.
Good dees yellow snack cake mix low carb sugar free. Let cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Healthy banana cake what molly made recipe healthy. Luckily, carrot cake traditionally comes topped with soft cheese, and on its own this makes an acceptable topping.
Healthy banana pound cake in 2020 holiday baking recipes. Preheat oven to gas mark 5 / 180 degrees celcius.
Healthy strawberry blueberry pound cake low calorie cake. Remove from the oven and invert pan onto the neck of a.
Healthy sugar free gluten free greek yogurt peach pound. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for 3 to 4 days.
Don’t Miss: Wilton 1 2 Sheet Cake Pan
Having Diabetes Doesnt Mean You Have To Miss Out On The Joys Of Baking And Cakes
You can also make your baking a bit healthier as youre in charge of what goes into the mix.
We have loads of recipes in our baking & desserts category that you can try. All are nutritionally analysed so you’ll have the precise calculations of carbohydrates, fats and sugars to help you manage your diabetes. Read on for our advice on baking when you have diabetes.
Preheat The Oven To 180 Degrees C
Don’t Miss: Wilton Cake Serving Chart
Sugar Free Pineapple Lush Cake This Is A Yummy Recipe For
Easy Cakes Recipes For Diabetics. Here are a number of highest rated Easy Cakes Recipes For Diabetics pictures on internet. We identified it from obedient source. Its submitted by doling out in the best field. We recognize this kind of Easy Cakes Recipes For Diabetics graphic could possibly be the most trending subject gone we allocation it in google lead or facebook.
Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting
My biggest concern when tackling a sugar free chocolate cake was the frosting. I mean.frosting is sugar, so how was this going to work? I happened to find a recipe that used sugar free chocolate pudding and Cool Whip. Yes, I realize that Cool Whip does still have some sugar in it, but you can buy fat free or Lite, whichever works for you and you have a very low sugar frosting. This recipe also has cream cheese in it which helps to stabilize the frosting and hold it on to the cake.
Heres our hint for making this frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Then in another bowl, mix together the pudding and milk.
- Spoon this into the cream cheese one spoonful at a time and beat each addition in until it is smooth before adding more. If you add it all at once, you may have trouble getting the frosting smooth. Take your time!!
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Refrigerate the frosting until the cakes are cooled and then you can frost the cake. Its important to store this frosting in the refrigerator at all times so it doesnt melt off the cake.
Also Check: Does Dairy Queen Sell Ice Cream Cakes
Ingredients That Are Full Of Sugar
Thanks to misleading messages from food companies many people dont realise that ANY type of sugar can raise their blood sugar levels. Although some sweeteners such as molasses, honey, agave syrup and raw sugar are promoted as being healthier than white sugar, the truth is that all of them still increase your blood sugar.
According to the American Diabetes Association, all these types of healthy sugar account for about 15 g of carbohydrates per tablespoon and are NOT a part of truly healthy diabetic recipes that supposed to be completely sugar-free.
ALL foods that are listed below are high in sugar and should NOT be used as desserts or ingredients for your diabetic cake recipes:
How To Turn A Sugar Bomb Into A Healthy Cake
To be truly healthy the diabetic cake recipes should fulfil the following criteria:
1. Include all-natural low glycemic ingredients to avoid spikes of blood sugar and fat storage.
2. Be completely sugar-free. Refined white sugar and corn syrup is poison and even natural sweeteners like agave and honey will still raise your blood sugar. And the bad news is that ALL cakes and dessert recipes contain a lot of sugar and carbohydrates that convert into sugar in your body. However, there is a delicious alternative to sugar and dangerous sugar substitutes that are made from aspartame. It is an all-natural sweetener that has zero calories, zero glycemic index and zero additives.
3. Be high in protein because protein takes longer to digest and it is known to slow down the absorption of carbohydrates.
4. Contain healthy fats like coconut oil. Fats slow down the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates just like proteins do. Healthy fats can prevent insulin resistance and glucose intolerance when they are used as a substitute for margarines, spreads, shortening and hydrogenated oils. In the long run, it can also help you increase your metabolism and trim down your weight.
5. Include healthy flour alternatives that are low in GI and will not cause your blood sugar level go high. Most even so-called healthy bakers choose whole grain flours over refined white flours.
Recommended Reading: Wedding Cake Steps For Inground Pool
What Is A Good Dessert For People With Diabetes
I strongly believe that people living with diabetes can enjoy normal food even occasionally desserts that are high in carbs. Sometimes, enjoying that one specific dessert you have been dreaming about is more important than having perfect blood sugar.
However, there are many ways to create delicious desserts that are low-carb and sugar-free. Why not try some of these recipes and enjoy both a great dessert and great blood sugar?
The desserts on this list all have max. 20 grams of carbs per serving and some of them have a lot less.
If You Like This Cake Idea Then You May Also Like These Ideas
You can check out my I also have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.And, be sure to follow me on and to keep up to date as well.
Also, here are some similar recipes to this one.
- Sugar alternative- equivalent to ¾ cup of sugar, granular works best.
- Vanilla Extract- 1 ½ teaspoons.
- Salt -Pinch.
How to make this Sugar Free Sponge Cake.
- Preheat your oven to 325 and prep your pan for nonstick. I like to use parchment paper unless I am making a bundt or springform style cake. Your oven rack should be set in the center of the oven as well.
- In a small sauce pan, warm your butter on low to medium heat. Once it begins to melt, stir in the milk. Do not allow this to burn or bubble. Once the butter has completely melted you can remove this from the heat and allow to cool.
- Sift together your flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
And also continue with this
- Add your eggs to the sifted ingredients in the mixing bowl and beat on low. Then add the sugar alternative and continue to mix for an additional two minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract to the mixing bowl and then the salt and continue to mix for another minute.
- When the sauce pan has cooled to room temperature you can add that to the mixing bowl and mix for another minute. We want this blended but, without over mixing.
- Pour the batter into your prepped pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow this cake to cool before serving.
Recommended Reading: Sams Club Birthday Cakes 2021
Sugar Free Chocolate Sponge
Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides a couple of times and blitz again.
Tip: By adding the wet ingredients FIRST and the dry ingredients SECOND, you avoid the flours sticking to the bottom.
You may need to scrape the sides a couple of times and blitz again.
Fill the batter into two generously greased non stick baking tins .
You can also line the sides with baking paper if you worry about the batter sticking!
Bake for about 35 minutes or until you can insert and remove a skewer without any crumbs sticking.
Do not over-bake as the sponge will firm up as it cools.
With A Few Changes And The Addition Of Fiber
Cake is the quintessential celebratory dessert a staple at weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries alike. But if you have type 2 diabetes, your healthcare team has likely told you this sweet indulgence is off-limits. Fortunately, self-deprivation isnt the only option. With a few simple ingredient swaps, you can have your cake and eat it, too.
A traditional cake recipe uses a combination of all-purpose flour, sugar, and eggs with a frosting whipped up with butter and sugar. Most of these ingredients are sources of refined carbohydrates that, in large quantities, can send blood sugar levels skyrocketing. When preparing a diabetes-friendly cake, you will focus on tweaking those very ingredients.
Flour makes up the largest component of ordinary cakes, so opting for a recipe that uses less flour or a flour that contains fewer carbs can go a long way.
The second biggest ingredient in cake is typically sugar. Instead of granulated sugar, you can use pureed fruit or even a low-carb sweetener such as erythritol to help reduce the total carb content of your cake even further.
Recommended Reading: Nothing Bundt Cake Marble Recipe