Mascarpone Cream Cheese Berry Tart With Lemon Curd
Mascarpone Cream Cheese Berry Tart with Lemon Curd
Let’s jump right into spring with a mascarpone cream cheese berry tart with homemade lemon curd! But in order for this mascarpone cream cheese berry tart to be a quick, luxurious fix for you spring get together (Easter anyone?? Honestly, this mascarpone cream cheese berry tart just makes me happy. And the mascarpone cream cheese spread?? I added a little lemon juice and some powdered sugar for a hint of both sour and sweet that pairs perfectly with the lemon curd.
Storing And Prepping This Cake
Once frosted, this cake can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container such as a cake carrier. To make the layers ahead of time, cool completely, line the top and bottom with parchment paper and tightly wrap in plastic wrap.
I do not recommend making the frosting in advance and storing it separately. Make the frosting and frost the cake immediately. Then store in the refrigerator.
Mascarpone Whipped Cream Frosting
For the frosting, I went with a simple mascarpone whipped cream. Its an amazing, thick whipped cream frosting that is not too sweet.
- I recommend placing a metal mixer and the whisk in the freezer for 5-10 minutes prior to starting. Also keeping your ingredients refrigerated up until youre ready to use them.
- Spoon the cold mascarpone whipped cream into your bowl and beat on a medium-low speed
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream, allowing the mascarpone cheese to turn to a liquid consistency. Then increase the mixing speed to high and beat it until soft peaks form.
- Next, add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beating on low until sugar is incorporated. Then continue beating at a high speed until stiff peaks form.
The whipped cream will thicken pretty quickly once the mascarpone has been added. This frosting is very light and its not overly sweet so it allows the flavors of the cake to really shine through.
Also Check: Where Can I Buy A Diaper Cake
Lemon Berry Mascarpone Tart
Lemon Berry Mascarpone Tart
A Lemon Berry Mascarpone Tart is a simple, delicious way to show off all the seasons best berries. I hope you love this mascarpone tart as much as I do! A Fresh Berry Mascarpone Tart could surely make anyone feel excited for the season ahead.
The nice thing about this Fresh Berry Mascarpone Tart is that it looks like a real showstopper, but its actually quite easy to make. Weve already found three occasions to whip up this Fresh Berry Mascarpone Tart and the summer is just getting started here! .
A Beautiful But Easy To Make Cake
This Lemon & Mascarpone Cake is a lovely looking cake . And the best thing about it is it is very simple to make and decorate.
Whatever your baking ability, you will be able to produce a pretty cake.
This mascarpone frosting isnt as stiff as a standard buttercream. This means that I wouldnt attempt any elaborate piping because it might not hold up.
Although piping does look beautiful, from speaking to some of you it isnt something you would usually attempt. This is either because you arent confident with piping or just dont want to spend the time doing it.
So this mascarpone frosting is perfect for simply spreading on.
You May Like: Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake With Yogurt
Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe Tips
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them first.
- Its best to use room temperature eggs as they mix easily into the batter and help prevent over mixing.
- Make sure the mascarpone cheese is cold.
- If you dont have buttermilk, you can use milk. Whole milk produces the best results.
- The cakes can be made a day in advance and kept at room temperature wrapped tightly.
- Its best to make the mascarpone frosting the day you will be frosting the cake.
- The cake batter can be baked in a 9 x 13 cake pan for about 40 minutes.
Take A Look At These Other Delicious Desserts:
Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 1cup230g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4cupsgranulated sugar
- 1/2cuppacked light brown sugar
- 4large eggsat room temperature
- 2teaspoonspure vanilla extract
- 3cupsall-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2cuplemon juice3 medium lemons*
fresh or frozen
- 2 1/2cupsheavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 1/2cupconfectioners sugar
- 16ouncesmascarpone cheese, chilled
- 110-ounces jar lemon curd
- Lemon slices
How To Make Berry Mascarpone Layer Cake
This cake starts with a moist and easy vanilla cake. The batter is so easy to put together, you could simply use a whisk to combine everything if you wanted. I always love a good stand mixer it takes the work out of it for you but you could do it by hand. Just combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then add them all together with a little water. Done! Plus, the ingredients are all nice and straight forward. Rock on.
Then theres the berry filling. You could almost think of it as a homemade jam, but not quite as thick. I used an even mix of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, but you could use whatever combo you like. The berries are purred in a food processor, then cooked over heat with some sugar and cornstarch. The heat reduces the liquid a bit and the cornstarch helps thicken everything. Once its cooled, youve got the perfect berry filling!
The mascarpone whipped cream frosting is used both to add to the cake filling and to frost the cake. I love how light this frosting is! You basically make whipped cream and add mascarpone cheese to it. The mascarpone flavor is lighter than a more straight forward mascarpone frosting, but this version runs much less risk of getting a super soft mascarpone frosting. Just be sure to add the full amount of powdered sugar to make sure the frosting stays stable. It makes a great addition to the cake and keeps things light and fresh!
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese, chilled
Read Also: Ingredients To Make A Chocolate Cake
Berry Mascarpone Layer Cake
I never really realized how much of an effect caffeine has until I stopped drinking it recently. As part of the IVF process, caffeine isnt really recommended so Ive been doing my best to not drink it. Since soda has less caffeine than coffee, Ill have a little if Im desperate. Id rather have coffee though. Much more yummy.
Point is though the lack of a picker-upper is brutal! And the tiredness is making me crave a way to increase energy so now I just want to eat all the carbs and sugar, which Im also avoiding. Sometimes I feel like I just cant eat anything. Its not a good situation. Ive gotta find a way to muster up some energy!
My go-to move right now is to play some of my favorite music and dance around while working. Gets the blood flowing and pumps me up. Yay for 90s music! Thats my era.
And this is my cake.
Boy, do I love this cake! Fresh berries are some of the best things ever and weve had them galore for the last month or so. I cant get enough of them! Especially the blueberries and strawberries. I just want to eat a carton at a time. And I can eat fruit yay!
How To Make Box Cake Better
There are many ways you can turn a box cake mix into a cake that tastes like homemade. Sometimes swapping out the oil for butter or the water for milk is all it takes. For this cake, we used 2 cake mixes so put in a lot of sour cream to make it rich and more dense, like homemade cakes tend to be. Youll also add vanilla pudding mix which not only adds to the flavor but adds to the texture as well.
This berry mascarpone cake batter makes enough to fill 3 9 cake pans. This is a TALL cake so just a small sliver will do. It feeds about 15 people.
You May Like: Dairy Queen Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Lemon Blueberry Lavender Cake With Mascarpone Buttercream Frosting
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
HEYhi I have about 293864091 pictures of my recipe today because I may be a smidge excited about it. Say hello to spring with lemon blueberry lavender cake with mascarpone buttercream frosting!
In case you can’t tell, I’m super proud of myself. Baking is not my forte so whenever I create a recipe and it comes out I get SO excited. This one I’m particularly proud, and here’s why:
First, it’s a layer cake. Those can be intimidating in general, at least in my opinion.
Second, this lemon blueberry lavender cake is soooooo good. A lot of layer cakes can end up dry and tasteless. This one, I promise you, is neither of those things. Buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and plenty of butter make sure the cake layers are moist and full of flavor. Plus, it’s coated with homemade jam and infused mascarpone buttercream frosting. No shortage of yums here.
Third, the layers are also light and fluffy. Ever had a white layer cake that’s soggy and dense? Gross. The secret: egg whites. Just two in place of one whole egg does a WORLD of difference.
Fourth, it’s pretty . This lemon blueberry lavender cake is my new go to spring cake. As I’m sure you’re aware, I have a strong love of chocolate. But this cake gives the skyscraper chocolate cake I made for my wedding a run for its money!
How To Make Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Prepare the baking pans. Ive offered some helpful hints below.
- Beat together the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and lemon extract.
- Next add the lemon zest, lemon juice and sour cream and beat until the batter is well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then alternate adding half the dry ingredients with half the buttermilk and beat until well combined.
- Toss the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of flour. Then gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the three pans, about 1 2/3 cups of batter per pan and bake according to instructions in the recipe card.
Read Also: Gluten Free Cake Recipes From Scratch
Tips For Baking This Cake
For the layers of cake, I use three 8-inch baking pans, its approximately 1 2/3 cups of batter per pan.
Its important that you line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper or 8-inch silicone baking liners. This will ensure you can easily remove the cakes from the pans.
I also bake my cakes with bake even stripes. These are used to create a nice even and level cake. It prevents the edges of the cake from cooking too quickly and therefore rising in the middle.
If you dont have bake even stripes, thats totally fine, youll just need to cut the dome of your cakes off with a cake level or serrated knife before you start laying them.
How To Assemble The Cake Layers
- If the layers are not all the same thickness, place your thickest and flattest layer on the bottom.
- First, pipe a layer of the mascarpone whipped cream and spread evenly. Using a piping bag helps to ensure an even distribution of frosting.
- Then spread a layer of lemon curd . Dont spread the lemon curd all the way to the edges, stop about ½ inch from the edge
- Add the next layer of cake on top, and press it into layer below. Try your best to place it centered and not leaning to one side or the other.
- Invert your top layer, so the actual bottom of the cake layer is on top, giving you a nice flat surface on the top of your cake.
For more helpful advice see the tips Ive shared for how to make layer cakes.
Read Also: 8 Inch Round Nonstick Cake Pan
More About Lemon Berry Mascarpone Cake Sysco Recipes
ITALIAN LEMON OLIVE OIL CAKE RECIPE WITH BERRIES & AMP MASCARPONE
FromEstimated Reading Time
- Start by adding the blueberries with the lemon juice, vanilla and honey to a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for a couple of minutes, just until the blueberries burst. Remove from flame and adjust sweetness to your taste with more honey. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the lemon curd, prepare a double boiler with 2 inches of water in the bottom pan. Bring to gentle simmer.Add the egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice to the top pan. Whisk together over the steam until combined well. Keep whisking for a few minutes until the curd has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. About 5 to 10 minutes or so. Turn off the flame and whisk in the butter until melted. Transfer the curd to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cooled completely. It should be very thick at this point.
- In the bowl of a mixer add the eggs, lemon zest and sugar and using the whisk attachment beat them together until well combined. A few minutes.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use a mixer with a whisk attachment to cream the sugars and egg yolks until fluffy and pale in color.
& QUOT THE& QUOT CAKE – MOUNTAIN BREATHS
FromEstimated Reading Time
CULINARY ORGASM: LEMON BERRY MASCARPONE CAKE
FromEstimated Reading Time
LEMON BERRY MASCARPONE CAKE RECIPE – WITH LEMON MASCARPONE …
Can I Buy Mascarpone On Amazoncom
Surprisingly, yes. sells Mascarpone cheese. Some ship directly from Amazon, so it is available as part of the Amazon Prime program. There are more options of Mascarpone that ship via third-party sellers and comes packed in properly refrigerated containers.
We hope you have enjoyed this article on Where to Buy Mascarpone and can find the brand you are looking for at a store near you.
Also Check: How Much Are Ice Cream Cakes At Walmart
What Happens If Bakery Lemon Two Berry Mascarpone Cake Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Lemon Berry Cake With Mascarpone Filling
doFor the Crumb ToppingFor the FillingNotes
- I am a bit of an absent minded shopper and forgot to buy the sour cream. I did have on hand plain nonfat Greek yogurt and used it. The cake still turned out terrific.
- After you add the lemon juice, the mixture will look curdled. You didn’t do anything wrong. It will be fine after you incorporate the dry ingredients and the sour cream.
- If using fresh berries rather than frozen, toss them in a little flour before putting them in the cake. It will help them to not sink all the way to the bottom of the pans.
- When decorating the cake, you can put strips of waxed paper down where the edges of the cake will be, dust it with the powdered sugar, and then carefully remove the wax paper strips from under the cake’s edges so that you have a clean plate.
- If you don’t know what I mean by dusting with powdered sugar, just take some powdered sugar and put it in a sifter or fine mesh sieve. Tap lightly or sift lightly over the surface of the cake.
The Edible Givens is moving!
Read Also: Birthday Cake Delivery San Antonio Tx