How Do I Store This Cake
Keep the ice cream cake in the freezer until 30 minutes before youre ready to serve, then transfer the cake to the fridge or the counter. You need to keep the cake in the freezer as itll melt if stored long-term in the refrigerator. Transferring the cake to the fridge or the counter for 30 minutes will allow the ice cream layer to soften up just enough that there isnt a ton of resistance when cutting through but still firm enough to enjoy.
Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Easy Ice Cream Cake is so delicious and simple, its guaranteed to be your new favorite birthday cake. Made with ice cream, fudge, Oreos, whipped cream, and sugar, dont miss this easy ice cream cake recipe that guests will love!
Youll never believe how easy it is to make a totally delicious ice cream cake. Save money and make this cake at home using the ice-cream flavors you want.
This cake does need to be made in advance and takes time to freeze between layers, so be sure to plan accordingly. Making it is simple, just let the freezer do most of the work.
This cake is totally customizable. Feel free to use the ice cream, cookies, and sauces you want So easy to do, give it a try today!
Ice Cream Cake Success Tips
Read Also: Wedding Stairs For Pool
What Sets This Ice Cream Cake Apart:
- Real cake! So many ice cream cake recipes are really just blocks of ice cream with whipped cream and frosting. Not this recipe! This ice cream cake is made with yummy chocolate cake and ice cream and a layer of fudge sauce in the center.
- Adaptable: Feel free to make this recipe with yellow cake, or even a boxed cake mix! You can also vary the toppings and ice cream flavors. Find more ideas below.
- No special equipment. All you need is an 8 or 9 inch baking pan .
The Perfect Summer Treat
Born and raised in Arizona, we are used to VERY hot summers. But even though we have become accustomed to them, we still like to have plenty of cool desserts to help us survive them!
One of our favorites is ice cream cake, and especially todays Cookies and Cream Oreo Ice Cream Cake.
This ice cream cake is delicious and super easy to make. If youve tried our Dirt Cake and love Oreos, then I think youll love this one too. The recipe reminded me of the Dirt cake with all the Oreos, which made it really familiar and really yummy. and perfect to keep us cool in the hot Arizona heat.
You May Like: Baskin Robbins Vanilla Ice Cream Ingredients
Finish The Cake Up And Serve
When youre ready to serve, invert the cake onto a serving plate.
Top with all that remaining fudge sauce and then a thick layer of whipped cream. For a pretty presentation, I love to dust the cake with cocoa powder and top with chocolate shavings!
Slice and eatsimple, easy, and so darn delicious! These layers together are magical, but the fudge sauce adds that extra layer of amazingness. This cake may be a bit over-the-top, but Im all for it! As we head into these late August days, its fun desserts like this that bring us all together!
Lastly, if you make this Coffee and Fudge Ice Cream Cake, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, dont forget to tag me on ! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Looking for other ice cream desserts? Some favorites of mine include
Easy Whipped Cream For Ice Cream Cake
This is a super simple whipped cream recipe consisting of only whipped cream and sugar. Just whip using a handheld mixer and your done. It makes the perfect frosting for your ice cream cake too!
Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on cake and return to freezer to firm up. This is the crumb coat and will make the final frosting layer adhere better and have a more uniform appearance.
Freeze for 10 minutes and add on second top layer of whipped cream frosting.
If adding sprinkles or decorations, put them on now so they have a chance to stick to the frosting.
Return to freezer to firm up completely. Can be made up to 2 days in advance. Let sit at room temperature 10 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!
Recommended Reading: Sam’s Club Baby Shower Cakes
Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipes
Senior Editor of Food, Style and Shopping at HuffPost
Sometimes you feel like trying, sometimes you dont. This collection of easy ice cream cake recipes is for those days when you want to be rewarded with the maximum amount of joy for doing the least amount of work.
Ice cream cakes can be complicated, with homemade ice cream and scratch-made cake, but were not here for that today. Were here to toss a few pints of ice cream into our grocery carts, slap em into a pan with a few other ingredients and get on our merry way.
A perfect example of an inventive cheat is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Slice Cake from food blogger Lovely Little Kitchen. Store-bought ice cream sandwiches are layered with a chocolate peanut butter ganache and chocolate ice cream, then coated in whipped cream and frozen in a loaf pan. Its easy but deceptively impressive-looking once its sliced up.
Or check out this Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake from Brown Eyed Baker . Its also made with ice cream sandwiches and just five other ingredients caramel sauce, hot fudge, whipped topping, peanuts and maraschino cherries. Slap it together, freeze it and youre ready to party.
Want a more traditional ice cream cake? Or something entirely different? Maybe you want an ice cream cake that resembles the legendary strawberry shortcake ice cream bars. Browse the recipes below and youll find what youre looking for.
How Long Will An Ice Cream Cake Keep
An Ice Cream Cake will last 6-7 days in the freezer. Be sure to store it in an air tight container or plastic freezer bag.
It is best to let the Cake sit a bit before serving if it is extremely hard.
So with the warm weather coming our way, this Easy Ice Cream Cake would make the perfect No Bake Dessert. I hope you give this cake a try and let me know what you think.
Don’t Miss: Wedding Cake Steps For Inground Pool
Tools Used To Make This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
Loaf Pan: Now I recognize that not everyone may have an 8 1/2-inch by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan just laying around. Luckily, this pan is the perfect size for an ice cream sandwich cake!
Rubber Spatula: This is my favorite tool for spreading and I love how it helps me get every last bit of Cool Whip from the tub!
*This post originally posted on 01/03/2015.
How To Make The Best Ice Cream Cake:
1. Prepare the cake: Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add sour cream, milk, oil and vanilla beat on medium speed. Stir in boiling water . Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
2. Allow cake to cool completely.
3. Top with fudge sauce and ice cream. Spread a thin layer of hot fudge sauce over the top of the cake. Allow ice cream to soften on the counter for 10-15 minutes and then spoon it onto the cake, and spread into an even layer.
4. Freeze for several hours , until ice cream is firm.
5. Serve: top with whipped cream and sprinkles!
You May Like: Mrs Fields Happy Birthday Cookie Cake
Ice Cream Loaf Cake Details
- Flavor: The cake reminds me of these funfetti cupcakes because its buttery and sweet with notes of vanilla. The ganache topping is, of course, rich and chocolatey. The ice cream flavor is completely up to you, so have fun with this. Some ice cream options I love for this ice cream loaf cake recipe are chocolate chip, strawberry, pistachio, peanut butter ripple, cookies & cream, and mint chocolate chip.
- Texture: Right out of the freezer, the slices taste frozen so I like to let the cake sit out for a few minutes before slicing. I even let the slices sit for another few minutes before serving because I prefer a softer cake with ice cream just as pictured above. Test cakes were MUCH denser even after sitting out and you can read about my recipe testing next.
- Ease: This is a very straightforward cake recipe. You dont need a mixer or any special equipment, but have some parchment paper or plastic wrap handy for assembly. Slicing the cake into layers takes some time, but dont stress. As long as you have a very sharp or serrated knife, its manageable. Note that a cake leveler isnt very helpful because this is a denser cake. The hardest part is waiting for the assembled cake to freeze! Or, if youre indecisive like I am, choosing an ice cream flavor.
How To Assemble This Ice Cream Loaf Cake
You can watch the recipe video and read the detailed recipe instructions below, but I find step photos to be massively helpful. Lets start assembling this cake!
Start Assembly: After removing the completely cooled loaf cake from the pan, slice it into 3 layers. This can be tricky, so take your time. I usually stand the loaf upright on one end and slice downward. Be careful and watch your fingers if doing it this way. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap with overhang on the sides. Place bottom cake layer in:
Ice Cream: Spread half of your ice cream on top. This is much easier if the ice cream has slightly softened and I worked that into the recipe instructions below. I just use a spoon to scoop it out of the container and spread it around. Its a thick layer of ice cream:
Repeat: Repeat this one more time with middle cake layer and 2nd layer of ice cream.
Finally, place the top cake layer on top then cover and freeze.
Recommended Reading: Silver Wedding Cake Stands
How To Make No Churn Ice Cream
- In a small bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, set aside.
- Whip the whole cream until stiff peaks form.
- Then add a little whipped cream to the vanilla/sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- This makes it easier to combine.
- Fold in the rest of the whipped cream mixture and combine. Its now ready to be frozen as is in a pan of choice or used in this Ice Cream Cake.
- Be sure to freeze until firm, for at least 3-5 hours or over night is probably best.
Diy Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake Tips:
- Make sure you have enough room in your freezer for your prepared ice cream cake. The last thing you want to do is go to pop this bad boy in the freezer and realize there is no room.
- Spread the hot fudge cookie mixture over the top of your prepared cake layer.
- Carefully pull out the ice cream layer and place it on top of the cake.
Since my son is not a fan of traditional buttercream frosting, I went ahead and spread some thawed whipped topping all over the ice cream cake. It makes for a light and airy frosting that everyone loves.
PRO TIP: Place a small amount of room temperature hot fudge in a zipclose bag and snip off a small corner to get a beautiful drizzle effect.
Once youre done decorating the cake, youll want to pop it back in the freezer for a couple hours to let it all freeze together.
Just before serving, bring the cake out and let it sit on the counter at room temperature for at least 10 to 15 minutes so its easier to slice.
Think of all the delicious flavor combinations you can make! Youre going to love this super easy ice cream cake!
Make sure you dont miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
You May Like: Miss Fields Cookie Cake
Ice Cream Cake Frosting Recipes You Need In Your Life Right Now
Frosting, besides being a part of decoration, adds to the flavor of the dessert. If you’re looking for some delicious cake frosting recipes, then you are at the right place. Tastessence brings together the recipes for making different types of ice cream cake frosting.
Frosting, besides being a part of decoration, adds to the flavor of the dessert. If youre looking for some delicious cake frosting recipes, then you are at the right place. Tastessence brings together the recipes for making different types of ice cream cake frosting.
Ice creams and cakes surely come in the top favorite food list of most people. Hence, what will be a better idea than combining these two things and coming up with an ice cream cake. The concept of this cake was initiated from the dessert that was made with the combination of cookies and ice cream, which are known as trifles. This delicacy, which has layering of cakes and ice creams, is a popular form of birthday as well as wedding cake among people in the US. Frosting comes in various forms, and though they are not very elaborate, they are surely one of the best attractions of the cake. Hence, let us take a look at some good frosting recipes.
How To Make An Ice Cream Cake
1. Line an 8-inch cake pan with plastic wrap. Transfer all the ice cream to your lined cake pan and then cover with another layer of plastic. Press down into a flat layer and freeze.
2. Prepare and cool an 8-inch chocolate cake and cover the top with the chocolate fudge sauce using an offset spatula.
3. Sprinkle chopped cookies on top of the hot fudge.
4. Remove the ice cream layer from the freezer, unwrap it, and place it on top of the fudge. Cover the whole thing in plastic and place in the freezer while you make the whipped cream.
5. Combine cold whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla and mix starting on low. Gradually increase speed to high and mix until very soft peaks form. Finish off by whisking the whipped cream by hand until the peaks firm up. See my Whipped Cream Recipe for more instructions.
6. Cover the cake with the whipped cream and transfer the rest to a piping bag fitted with a large closed star tip.
7. Pipe a drip of chocolate onto the edge of the entire cake.
8. Pipe a scalloped pattern onto the top edge of the cake with the reserved whipped cream. Press crumbled cookies onto the bottom edge, and the cake is ready to serve.
You May Like: Bundtini Calories