Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake
I made this cake for Little Boy #1s birthday party a couple of weeks ago, and I had to share it with you because it was so very GOOD and EASY to put together. He always requests an ice cream cake, and while the cakes from our favorite ice cream shop are good, they can be a little pricey! Homemade is the way to go here.
Ive made ice cream cakes before, but what I love about this one is that you make it in a springform pan. This makes it foolproof. Your cake turns out round and even every time. This cake has a layer of fudge and chopped peanut butter cups inside that I didnt take a picture of. Because I didnt want to serve an ice cream cake with a piece cut out. Youll have to just trust me theyre in there.
I also love the versatility here. You could really use any kind of crushed cookie, any flavor of ice cream, and top it with your favorite kind of chopped up chocolatey candy.
My best tip for making this ice cream cake nice and smooth is to use a metal spatula dipped in hot water over the outside of the cake. This will slightly melt that outside layer of ice cream and smooths out any bumps or uneven spots.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can’t get enough?
and I’ll send all my recipes right to your inbox! You can also keep up to date by following me on , , , , and .
Why This Recipe Works
Chocolate-peanut butter lovers rejoice. This peanut butter ice cream sandwich cake is loaded with layers of chocolate fudge, peanut butter, whipped topping and peanut butter cups.
Its so easy to put together and everyone loves piles of ice cream. That makes this an easy to solution and theres no baking involved.
How To Make An Ice Cream Sandwich Cake:
- Create a base you can easily make the cake smaller or larger by increasing the size of the base.
- You can change the shape of the cake creating a freestyle base or by using a springform pan or a 9×13 baking dish.
- Alternate layers of ice cream sandwiches and softened ice cream.
- Tightly wrap the ice cream sandwich cake in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for at least 4 hours and up to 3 months.
- When youre ready to serve the cake, remove from the freezer and decorate with whipped topping, chocolate fudge sauce, mini M& Ms, and crushed Oreo cookies.
You May Like: Sam’s Club Cakes Wedding
Giant Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich
This “ice cream sandwich” needs to be eaten like a cake.
- Â½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Â½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 200g mini choc 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 90g granulated sugar
- 470 g dark chocolate chips
- 110g packed brown sugar
Variations On This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake:
- You can use any kind of ice cream sandwich you want in this recipe the skys the limit! Depending on the flavor of the ice cream sandwich, you may want to change the ice cream so that it complements the cookie component of the ice cream sandwich.
- Use any flavor of ice cream: mint chocolate chip, peanut butter cup, Smarties, chocolate caramel or strawberry shortcake are some of our favorites! Change up the toppings to reflect whats inside.
- Use a spatula to stir finely chopped fruit, nuts, or fruit preserves into the softened ice cream.
- Make a vegan ice cream sandwich cake by using non-dairy ice cream sandwiches and ice cream. Decorate with coconut whipped cream and your favorite vegan candies.
- Get creative with the toppings! Fresh fruit, chocolate chips, crushed vanilla and chocolate wafers, freeze-dried strawberries, sugary cereal, sprinkles, mini marshmallows, and caramel sauce are only the beginning when it comes to decorating this cake!
- Depending on the overall flavor of your cake, you can add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder or a few drops of flavored extract to the whipped topping .
Don’t Miss: Pure Protein Birthday Cake Nutrition Facts
What Is An Ice Cream Cake
An ice cream cake is a cake layered with various cream flavors with whipped frosting on top. Ice cream cakes come in a ton of varieties and are a fun twist on a traditional cake.
I have never in my life tasted a store-bought ice cream cake. Never. How sheltered am I? Friends share their fond childhood memories of Dairy Queen ice cream cakes or Baskin Robbins ice cream cakes, and as they tell me all about their favorite flavors, I cant help but stare at them blankly.
I just cannot relate.
I could wallow in self-pity at how deprived Ive been, or I could just make my own, which is what I chose to do. While I cannot attest to how tasty store-bought ice cream cakes are, I CAN tell you that this ice cream cake is spectacular!
Its super easy too! In fact, assembling this cake will take a fraction of the time it would take you to actually pick up a store-bought cake.
Peanut Butter Sauce Ingredients
Lets start with the peanut butter sauce.
Its actually really easy
In a heavy-bottomed pot, over medium heat, melt peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk together with a pinch of salt.
Add in water and mix until fully smooth. Finish by stirring in vanilla. It may seem a bit thin, but it will tighten up a bit as it cools.
If you want to make Guinness Chocolate Syrup to use in this recipe, instead of just plain store-bought chocolate sauce, check out Nicoles recipe!
Read Also: Mrs Fields Cookie Cake
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake With Chocolate And Peanut Butter Sauce
Ice cream sandwiches are above all, my favorite way to enjoy ice cream. However for this years National Ice Cream Day I decided to see if I could elevate the humble vanilla and chocolate ice cream sandwich by making an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake. I succeeded! The world will never be the same.
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 1Whisk 1/2 cup peanut butter and the milk together in a medium bowl until blended. Add the dry pudding mix and beat for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of cool whip.
- 2Arrange 4 ice cream sandwiches side by side on a 24 inch long sheet of foil and then top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining sandwiches.
- 3Mix the remaining peanut butter and cool whip until blended and then spread onto the top and sides of the dessert. Freeze up to 4 hours or until firm. Top with nuts before serving.
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
Don’t Miss: Can You Have Rice Cakes On Keto
How To Make A Homemade Ice Cream Cake
Ice cream cakes need to be made in advance so they have a chance to freeze completely. Otherwise, youll have a melted mess on your hands.
You do have to think ahead of time because you will need to freeze each individual layer for the best results. Here is what I do:
- Make peanut butter crust and press into springform pan. Pop in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Spread on layer of hot fudge topping and top with Reeses. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Spread slightly softened ice cream on top of hot fudge/Reeses layer, and freeze for AT LEAST 1 hour. You want it to be pretty firm.
- Spread slightly softened second flavor of ice cream on top of first layer. Cover and freeze for AT LEAST 6 hours, preferably overnight.
Day 2 :
- Remove ice cream cake from freezer. Drizzle hot fudge topping over the top of the cake.
- Prepare whipped cream. Pipe onto the top of the cake and top with Reeses minis. Serve immediately!
How To Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
There are two ways to build this cake, but the same basic principles apply. The first way , is to assemble the layers free form without any pan. I love the way this one looks it reminds me of a naked cake and you can build the layers as high as you want.
The second way to prepare this is in a pan. The size isnt so important since you can cut the sandwiches to fit. I definitely recommend this way if you plan on transporting the dessert or space is tight in the freezer.
Also Check: Gluten Free At Nothing Bundt Cakes
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
How To Make A Reeses Ice Cream Cake
This ice cream cake recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes. The hardest part about this Reeses ice cream cake is that you have to wait for it to all freeze together before you can dig in.
Recommended Reading: Wedding Cake Pool Stairs For Sale
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Slice Cake
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Slice Cake is a MUST DO and a MUST EAT for this summer! Its a clever little cake, made in a standard size loaf pan lined with plastic wrap, where layers of ice cream sandwich, crunchy chocolate peanut butter ganache, and chocolate ice cream take their turns. Add a final coat of whipped cream on the outside and a sprinkle of chocolate chips and salty roasted peanuts tops it off, and youve got a cake thats impressive and delicious!
So that crunchy chocolate peanut butter ganache gave me a bit of trouble and I had to make this cake a couple of times to get it right. I wanted it to add the peanut butter flavor and a certain kind of crunch but I wanted it to still be sliceable even when frozen. The crunch comes from Rice Krispies cereal, and I have to be honest with you I served this at a family birthday party and while I got lots of YUMS from the guests, the birthday boy was like, Mom, no thanks to the cereal in my ice cream cake, mkay? Yep, got it.
Here she is before that whipped cream layer. You could totally get creative and make your own version of this. I dont think anyone would be mad if there were chopped up peanut butter cups involved!
I did try making my own whipped cream, but it had a funny texture when it was frozen, so on the second cake I just used good old Cool Whip, choosing not to stress about whatever is in it that we arent crazy about since I probably eat it once a year. Balance.
Did you make this recipe?
Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Its back-to-school time! My boys started last weekone as a teacher, one as a studentand I think my feelings about having a quiet, empty house during the day can best be expressed in song: Its the most wonderful tiiiiiime of the year!
So with school starting, everyone is probably looking for fast and healthy lunch recipes, right? Something easy to make, but also nutritious, with a balanced blend of carbs, protein, and healthy fats? Yeah, I dont have anything like that. Instead I made you a ginormous peanut butter and jelly sandwich cake. Sorry not sorry!
This story starts, as so many of my stories do, with a late-night browsing sesh over on Amazon. I think I was looking for popsicle molds, but the clever algorithm robots over at Amazon must have known I was extra-susceptible to whimsy that night, because they showed me the most adorable cakewich silicone cake pan, and as soon as my tired, glazed eyes fixed on it, I muttered You will be mine and whipped out the credit card.
Making the cake itself couldnt be easier. Its a basic pound cake recipe, so the cake is nice and firm for slicing in half. I filled it with a thick layer of peanut butter frosting, and topped it with homemade strawberry jam
Read Also: Wedding Cake Pool Stairs For Sale