Whipping Up This Cake Is As Easy As 1
1: Melt your butter in the bottom of a 9×13 pan and sprinkle the brown sugar across the melted butter. I love the tartness of salted butter but you might prefer unsalted butter. If you prefer to use a round cake pan, use a 10-inch cake pan.
2. Place your pineapple rings and maraschino cherries on top of the brown sugar.
3. Make your yellow cake mix according to directions, replacing the water with the reserved pineapple juice. I used a stand mixer with the paddle attachment but you could certainly mix by hand in a medium bowl or use a hand mixer.
Once youve got it mixed, pour the cake batter over the fruit and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 42-45 minutes or until the cake springs back to the touch.
Run a knife around around the sides of the pan then cool for a few minutes on a wire rack. Flip the cake onto a heat-proof dish or tray and leave the baking pan on top for five minutes so any excess liquid can drain down. Remove the pan and allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
The top of this cake is ooey, gooey, caramelly, and delicious! The sweet pineapple flavor will leave you hankering for the tropics!
Some people prefer their Pineapple Upside Down Cake warm others like it cold from the refrigerator. No matter how you slice it up, its yummy! And talk about a moist cake!
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Serve pineapple upside-down cake with sweetened whipped cream or an 8-oz container of frozen whipped topping , if desired. For 3 cups of sweetened whipped cream, in chilled medium bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- tip 2 Worried about inverting the upside-down pineapple cake? You can do it! After placing serving plate upside-down over pan, grasp firmly and flip in one quick motion. Confidence makes all the difference.
- tip 3 Try adding dried spices to the brown sugar and butter mixture for a new flavor twist.
- tip 4 Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
How To Make Jenny’s Crushed Pineapple Upside
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray with Pam, or lightly wipe with oil, the entire surface of a 13″ x 9″ nonstick cake pan. *NOTE* To better ensure complete and easy removal of topping, I like to also line oiled pan with parchment paper.
- 3Place stick of butter/margarine in pan. Place pan in oven until melted. Remove from oven.
- 4Scatter cherry slivers across bottom of pan, using as many or as few as you desire for color.
- 5With melted butter evenly coating bottom of pan, sprinkle brown sugar over cherries and across bottom of entire pan.
- 6Scatter crushed pineapple evenly over brown sugar layer.
- 7Prepare cake batter according to directions on cake box.
- 8Spoon or pour cake batter, carefully and evenly, over pineapple layer.
- 9Place cake in center of oven. Bake approximately 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean DO NOT overbake. Cake can change from undone to overdone very quickly.
- 10Remove pan from oven. Place pan on wire rack, cool for 10 minutes.
- 11Place inverted platter, plate or tray over top of pan. Gripping both ends tightly, invert pan. If any topping sticks to the liner, you can remove it with a spatula and replace on top of cake.
You May Like: Best Rum Cake To Buy Online
Bc Upside Down Pineapple Mix
Cake Mix, Pineapple Upside-Down
Per 1/6 Package: 360 calories 5 g sat fat 290 mg sodium 44 g total sugars. See nutrition facts for as prepared information. Contains bioengineered food ingredients. Learn more at Ask.GeneralMills.com. New look, same great taste! Bettys Promise: With over a century of inspiring makers across the world, Betty Crocker encourages and empowers everyone no matter their skill level, gender or age to share in the joy of homemade. From Bettys test kitchens to yours, we promise great taste, quality and convenience. This is a product you and your family will enjoy. We guarantee it. The Red Spoon Promise by Betty Crocker. www.BettyCrocker.com. how2recycle.info. Follow us for more great baking ideas! Instagram: bettycrocker. Anything is possible with Betty. Recipes & tips party ideas inspiration. bettycrocker.com/cakes. See bettycrocker.com/cakes for more tips & ideas! 1-800-446-1898 Mon Fri. 7:30am 5:30pm CST. www.BettyCrocker.com. General Mills, Box 200, Minneapolis, MN 55440. 100% recycled paperboard. Pineapple product of Thailand.
Contains: Contains wheat ingredients.,Do not eat raw cake batter.
Recommended Reading: Online Cake Delivery In Sri Lanka
Gluten Free Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- ¼Cbutter substitutesuch as Smart Balance
- 20ozpineapple ringscanned
- Preheat oven 350F
For the Topping
- In a small bowl, melt butter and mix in brown sugar. Spoon mixture into 2 round 8 or 9 cake pans.
- Lay out pineapple rings on top of sauce .
For the Cake
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, banana, pineapple juice and canola oil. Using an electric mixer, mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into pan over the pineapple rings and sugar mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes on center rack, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan. Run a knife around outer edges, then invert onto serving dishes or cake plates. If the cakes do not want to come out, allow to cool another 10 minutes and using a spoon tap on the bottom of the pan until it comes out easily.
Recommended Reading: Walmart Baby Shower Cakes For Girl
Pineapple Upside Down Cake From A Box Mix
Its so easy to turn a yellow cake mix into this easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake! One can of sliced pineapple rings, 1 cup of brown sugar, some maraschino cherries, and the usual ingredients for a boxed cake mix. . .and youre good to go. Talk about an easy dessert!
This is one of those classic recipes that most home cooks have in their arsenal. If you havent make this delicious cake before, its time to try it now!
I dont know why I had Pineapple Upside Down Cake on the brain, yall. I think maybe I saw a picture of one? Theyre so pretty, all of those colors blended togetherthe bright red cherries, the yellow rings of pineapple, and the luscious cake. I just knew that I had to bake one!
Dont Miss: Nothing Bundt Cakes West Lafayette Indiana
How To Make Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake With Cake Mix
Don’t Miss: Design Your Own Wedding Cake Topper
How To Make This Gluten Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake With The King Arthur Flour Yellow Cake Mix
Making this Pineapple Upside Down Cake with the King Arthur Flour Yellow Cake Mix is also very easy. The biggest difference is that it yields 2 cakes. We also prefer the texture of this one, however, it is more expensive and not always available at local grocery stores. With that said, let’s get baking!
- First, make the caramelized pineapple topping by melting the vegan butter and adding the light brown sugar. Pour this mixture into the bottom of your pans.
- Next, lay out the pineapple rings on top of the sauce, covering the whole bottom of the pan, to the edges.
- Now, to make the cake, put the cake mix, butter, mashed bananas, canola oil and ¾ cup pineapple juice in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer and mix together on low speed for 20 seconds, then high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan right on top of the pineapple rings.
- Bake both cakes on the center rack in a 350°F oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the outside to loosen. Then invert cakes onto a serving dish or cake stand. If the cakes don’t want to come out, allow them to cool another 10 minutes and tap the bottom to encourage them to release.
Flip The Cake Out To Serve
After the cake has cooled 10 minutes, loosen edges with a butter knife. Add a serving plate to the top of the cake pan, then flip upside down to remove cake from pan. If some of the pineapple or cherries happen to stick to the cake pan, just pull them out of the pan carefully and replace back onto the cake.
Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
You May Like: Party City Graduation Cap Cake Topper
Love Cake Here Are Some Old Fashioned Favorites:
- Italian Cream Cake a show stopping cake everyone loves! A classic cake that has been around for years.
- Red Velvet Cake bright red, soft and moist cake with cream cheese frosting. SO good!
- Apple Cake truly an old school, super simple recipe made in a round cake pan and topped with powdered sugar
- Coconut Cake if you love coconut, give this amazing recipe a try! So light and coconutty!
- Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake another cake mix based recipe that is a classic! A great weekday recipe.
How To Make This Easy Pineapple Upside
There are lots of variations on pineapple upside-down cake that use fresh pineapple and a made-from-scratch yellow cake.
These versions are delicious, but I wanted to make a bit of a shortcut version. Something super simple, that anyone could throw together on a whim for unexpected guests or last-minute gatherings.
This easy pineapple upside-down cake uses a yellow-cake version of my doctored cake mix to make a cake that tastes homemade, but comes together in no time at all.
Recommended Reading: Glass Cake Stand With Dome Lid
Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
This Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake uses a yellow cake mix and is a truly “wow” recipe that’s super simple to make. Topped with caramelized pineapples, this flavor-packed cake is the epitome of a summer dessert and will be your new go-to recipe to make for any diet made with a gluten free cake mix and easy to find vegan ingredients.
Vintage Betty Recipe: Pineapple Upside
March 20, 2017 By
After starting my Church Cookbook Series recently, my husband asked me to make what he said was his favorite cake a Pineapple Upside-Down cake. I thought for sure I would find the recipe in one of my church cookbooks, but I came up empty handed. I was kind of surprised, but decided maybe it was either a little old fashion or too fussy for the Church Ladies. My vintage 1961 Betty Crocker Cookbook came to the rescue but not easily. This cake was not listed in the cake section, but in the Desserts. I guess when you gussy up a cake it becomes a dessert. Go figure.
This is also sometimes called a skillet cake according to Betty and for this recipe it is baked in a 10 inch heavy skillet I used one of my antique cast iron skillets, but you can also bake it in a 9×9 inch square pan or a 10 inch round cake pan. I will say that the pineapple circles fits perfectly in the 10 inch pan with 6 around the edges and one in the middle. As Betty says, It is a handsome dessert to serve at the table.
Moral of the story is if you are trying to make something you or someone else remembers fondly ask lots of questions so you can find a recipe that most closely resembles that memory. This cake really looked gorgeous and was moist and delicious, but it wasnt his memory. My opinion I think you will be pleased whether you are going for stunning look or practical version either way you make it you will be the queen or king of cakes.
Keep it simple and enjoy!
Don’t Miss: How To Order A Cake From Sam’s Club
Jennys Crushed Pineapple Upside
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is probably my familys favorite dessert. Since Im usually pressed for time, Im always looking for the most efficient way I can get the job done without sacrificing the taste and quality of my dish. After several tries at traditional recipe versions, I found I didnt like having to repair the typical pineapple-cherry flower designs, nor did I like how parts of the cake had no pineapple on top.Thats when I decided to incorporate crushed pineapple into my recipe with cherry slivers for a splash of color, along with my favorite boxed cake mix! Easy & tasty!
Can I Make A Layered Pineapple Upside
Sort of. You can make a yellow cake mix according to the boxs directions but add a full can of crushed pineapple in place of water. Add some diced maraschino cherries, if you like. Bake in two 8 round pans and layer with buttercream frosting and rings of pineapple between them, along with more maraschino cherries.
You May Like: Haagen Dazs Ice Cream Cake Order Online
Jenny’s Crushed Pineapple Upside
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is probably my family’s favorite dessert. Since I’m usually pressed for time, I’m always looking for the most efficient way I can get the job done without sacrificing the taste and quality of my dish. After several tries at traditional recipe versions, I found I didn’t like having to repair the typical pineapple-cherry flower designs, nor did I like how parts of the cake had no pineapple on top.That’s when I decided to incorporate crushed pineapple into my recipe with cherry slivers for a splash of color, along with my favorite boxed cake mix! Easy & tasty!
Top Reviews From The United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Order A Cake
A Yummy Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
I hadnt baked a pineapple upside down cake in years and needed a refresher, so off to the web I went. I searched for a recipe that started with a boxed mix.
I found a recipe on the Betty Crocker site. Dont tell Betty, but I used a Pillsbury mix.
This moist, tasty cake is so easy to whip up. Best of all, the colors are impressive! I think theyre reminiscent of a stained glass window. Talk about a dessert thats easy on the eye!
Recommended Reading: Nothing Bundt Cakes Carlsbad Ca 92011
Three Tips Before You Begin
So, the intimidating part about Pineapple Upside Down Cakes is flipping it upside down to serve it. The caramel, pineapple rings and cherries that you put in the bottom end up being the top of the cake and a pretty sticky concoction after baking. Here are three tips to give you the confidence to forge ahead:
I will say the beautiful thing about this cake is if some of the pineapple or cherries happen to stick to the cake pan, just pull them out of the pan carefully and replace back onto the cake.
Recommended Reading: Nothing Bundt Cakes Gluten Free Chocolate Chip
Also Check: Ice Cream Cake Delivery San Francisco