Can I Freeze The Carrot Cake
Yes, the cakes can be easily frozen. After the cakes have completely cooled, wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminun foil and place each wrapped layer in a plastic freezer bag.
The cakes can be frozen for up to one month. Defrost the cake in the refrigerator overnight.
The frosting can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Do You Need Special Equipment To Make This Simple Gluten
I personally prefer making cakes the easy way with a bit of equipment. I always used to make cakes with a handheld electric whisk like this one.
However, I was gifted a Sage stand mixer a few years ago and have never looked back. Its a brilliant machine with various attachments for whisking, beating and more. It makes light work of cake making and it means you can get on with tidying up while it does the job of mixing.
The best thing about this machine is that the beater has a scraper edge to it meaning you dont have to stop so often to scrape the mixture off the sides of the bowl.
Once the mixture has combined its a simple case of dividing it between two 18cm cake tins and putting them in the oven.
If you love this recipe then sign up for my free gluten free recipe booklet below. Youll get recipes for scones, pastry, pizza, Yorkshire puddings and more. Youll also get my weekly newsletter with recipe inspiration.
Expert Tips And Recipe Faq:
How do I make my coffee cake extra moist?
You can make your coffee cake extra moist by adding ¼ cup sour cream to your wet ingredients.
Why did my coffee cake turn out crumbly?
If your cake turned out crumbly, it means there wasn’t enough liquid. Sometimes this happens if you use a starchy gluten free flour blend. Your cake batter should be thick, but not too thick as show in the photos above.
Can you make this cake dairy free?
You can easily make this gluten free cinnamon coffee cake dairy-free by using vegan butter. My recipe already uses non-dairy milk.
Can you use this recipe to make coffee cake muffins?
This recipe makes delicious muffins. Just divide the cake batter into muffin tins. Fill each ¾ full and sprinkle the streusel topping over each one. Baking time will be about 20 minutes.
Are there any gluten free coffee cake mixes?
I think the most popular gluten free coffee cake mix is by Krusteaz. You do need to make sure the box you buy is labeled gluten free because this company also makes a wheat version. I know William Sonoma also makes a gluten free coffee cake mix, but I haven’t tried it yet.
Can you add nuts to this recipe?
One of my favorites is to make a gluten free coffee and walnut cake. You can add finely chopped walnuts or pecans to the streusel you sprinkle into the cake mix.
What size cake pan did you use?
I used a 9″ round cake pan, but you can use other sizes including a loaf pan.
Recommended Reading: Turtle Ice Cream Cake Baskin Robbins
Top 10 Ingredients For Gluten
This tasty vanilla cake is both dairy-free and egg-free, but youll need to make it gluten-free by swapping out the flour for a gluten-free flour blend. Make this one into cakes or cupcakes for a tasty and allergy-safe option for any birthday party or special event.
This dairy-free and egg-free vanilla confetti cake is a great option for you if youre gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. Youll need to swap out the flour for a gluten-free flour blend to make this one gluten and dairy-free friendly.
Ingredients Questions And Tips
Its taken me several years to perfect my paleo baking and I think Ive finally got it nailed. But Im sure many of you will have questions regarding the ingredients, so lets dive into those.
Hopefully that answers some of your questions, but if you have more, please feel free to ask them below in the comments.
You May Like: Mrs Fields Happy Birthday Cookie Cake
King Arthur Flour Cake Mix Gluten Free Chocolate 22 Oz
- Ingredients: Sugar, Modified Tapioca Starch, Rice Flour, Cocoa , Potato Starch, Emulsifier , Black Cocoa , Leavening , Salt, Xanthan Gum.produced In A Dedicated Gluten-Free, Allergen-Free* Manufacturing Facility.* Free Of The 8 Most Common Food Allergens.
- Model Number: 71012075058
- Item Package Weight: 1.4 Lb
- Item Package Dimension: 5.7″ L X 5.1″ W X 1.9″ H
Recipe Step By Step Directions:
It is so easy to learn how to make a gluten free coffee cake. I break it all down into simple step-by-step directions. You can also watch the video to see how I make it.
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
Step 2: In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to mix.
Step 3: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just “barely” mixed. This will help keep your cake light and fluffy.
Step 4: Spray a 9″ cake pan or loaf pan with non-stick spray and add half the cake batter. Spread it out.
Step 5: Mix up the cinnamon and sugar for the swirl and sprinkle it around the cake batter. Put the rest of the cake batter on top and spread it out.
Step 6: In a bowl, add the crumble topping dry ingredients.
Step 7: Add the softened butter and mix. Freeze the crumble topping for 15-20 minutes then use a fork to crumble the slightly hardened mixture.
Step 8: Sprinkle the crumble topping over the cake batter.
Step 9: Spread out the crumble topping and bake at 350º F for 30-35 minutes. Actual baking time can vary greatly depending on if you bake this in a loaf pan or cake pan, and how deep your pan is.
To tell if the cake is done baking, take out the cake and insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes back with crumbs or batter, it will need to bake more. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is finished baking.
Don’t Miss: Wedding Cake Pool Stairs For Sale
Krusteaz Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix 20oz
- The Perfect Compliment To Coffee Or Breakfast
- All The Delicious Krusteaz Taste Without The Gluten
- Easy To Prepare As Squares Or Muffins
- Customize With 1/4 Cup Dry Ingredients Such As Nutes, Fruits, Or Chocolate Chips
- Crumb Topping Is Sweet And Buttery, Featuring The Taste Of Cinnamon And Brown Sugar
The Very Best Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Recipe
The impossibly light, moist and tender crumb of this cake makes it the very best gluten free vanilla cake youve ever had.
Really, I think it makes it the best vanilla cake recipe, period. But it does happen to be gluten free, after all.
Between September and February of any given year, there are birthdays upon birthdays in my family. Everybody gets to choose what sort of cake theyd like to celebrate with, but if you drag your feetthen I choose.
But a chocolate cake as rich and fudgy as that flourless cake is only appropriate if the birthday boy or girl is a true chocolate lover.
You May Like: Wilton Tilt N Turn Ultra Cake Turntable
How To Make Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl on medium speed with a mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Lastly, beat in the lemon juice and pure vanilla extract.
- Try not to eat all the frosting before you put it on the cake. Yes, it is that good!
Products We Love: Betty Crocker Gluten Free + Dairy Free Cake Mix
Five years ago, baking gluten free meant making everything from scratch, always. Going forward, we’ll be featuring a number of allergy friendly products that we love. These are unbiased reviewswe aren’t receiving compensation, we just love this stuff. I mean, really good.Easy and deliciousno one will ever know those cupcakes you whipped up came from a box. Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cake Mix is also dairy freeTo make these vegan,Earth Balance Soy FreeEner-g Egg ReplacerWant the recipe? You’re in luckwe’ve posted it here.Have you tried Betty Crocker Gluten Free products before? We’d love to hear your favorites!
Recommended Reading: Tilt And Turn Cake Turntable
Extra White Gold Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix
- All-Natural Ingredients Opt For A Healthy Choice For Dessert With This GlutenFree Vanilla Cake Mix, Perfect As A Vegan And Kosher Option. Formulated With Only The Highest Quality Ingredients, This Vanilla CakeMix Is Also Free From Gluten, Soy, Nut And Dairy.
- Family Favorite Satisfy The Sweet Tooth Of Your Family And Your Dinner Party Guests With This Healthy, All-Natural Extra White Gold GlutenFree Vanilla CakeMix That Brings A Rich Flavor To Your Taste Buds. This Vanilla CakeMix Features A Blend That Is Easy To Make And A Moist Texture That Is Easy To Devour.
- Rich, Vanilla Flavor With Each Bite, You’ll Notice The Delectable Taste, But You Won’t Miss The Artificial Ingredients. This GlutenFree Vanilla CakeMix Includes All-Natural Ingredients To Form A Taste You Will Want Again And Again For Dessert.
- Gluten- Free Option Eliminate Gluten From Your Diet Without Giving Up Your Favorite Desserts. This GlutenFree Vanilla CakeMix Offers The Same Aroma, Texture And Flavor You Love Without The Gluten.
- Breakthrough Recipe You Don’t Have To Sacrifice Taste When Eliminating Gluten And Artificial Preservatives From Your Dessert Choices. Unlike Other Vanilla Cake Mixes, This Breakthrough Recipe Combines Healthy Ingredients With Scrumptious Flavor.
More Facts On Duncan Hines Cake Mixes
Certifications: Many of the Duncan Hines Cake Mixes are Certified Kosher Parve.
Dietary Notes: By ingredients, these Duncan Hines Cake Mixes are dairy-free / non-dairy, and most are also egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
For More Product Information: Visit the Duncan Hines website at www.duncanhines.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed safe for every individuals needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Also Check: Diy Wedding Cake Pool Steps
How To Make Gluten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut parchment paper for the bottom of your two 9inch cake pans and spray with gluten-free cooking spray.
- To make your own buttermilk add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to milk or dairy-free milk and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl add gluten-free flour with xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, gluten-free baking powder, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Add the eggs and pure vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined. Scrape down the sides if needed.
- Add the cocoa powder mixture to the batter and mix until fully combined.
- Add the homemade buttermilk to the cake batter and mix until fully combined.
- Add the boiling water to the cake batter and mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the first 9-inch cake pan and then pour the rest of the batter into the second 9-inch cake pan.
Pro Tip For Measuring Gluten
In gluten-free baking, it is very important to get the correct amount of flour the recipe calls for. Gluten-free flours are often compacted in their packages and if you directly scoop the flour from the bag, you could get more flour than the recipe calls for.
I measure gluten-free flour using the spoon and level method. I use a spoon to scoop the flour out of the bag into the measuring cup.
After spooning the flour into the measuring cup, I use the back of a knife to level the flour off of the measuring cup. I do all of this over a small bowl so, I dont waste any flour.
Please do not use a measuring cup to scoop the flour directly out of the bag with your measuring cup. In doing so you will not have the correct amount of gluten-free flour and you may have different baking results.
Recommended Reading: Is Nothing Bundt Cakes Gluten Free
Why This Recipe Is Great:
I absolutely love this cake because it is so light and fluffy. It combines with the thick crumb topping to melt in your mouth! It is so good! You only need a few simple ingredients and this gluten free cinnamon streusel cake is ready in about 40 minutes!!
If you are looking for a delicious refined sugar-free crumb cake version, you will love my Gluten Free Crumb Cake recipe. It uses coconut sugar so it is lower glycemic and lowers your guilt! You may also love this crazy good Gluten Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake!
Best Overall: Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Almond Flour Mix
Simple Mills nailed this gluten-free almond flour cake mix. Made with only six ingredientsalmond flour, organic coconut sugar, arrowroot powder, organic coconut flour, baking soda, and sea saltthis mix proves that you dont need additives to get the job done.
To make this, all you have to do is add eggs, oil, water, and a little bit of vanilla extract, and then youre good to go. The finished product tastes delicious, bakes with a beautiful crumb, and holds up well to substitutions, like flax eggs in place of real eggs. Keep in mind that this mix only provides enough for one 8-inch round cake, so if you want to make a layered cake, youll need two boxes.
King Arthur Flour has been making gluten-free products since things like gluten-free cake mixes were only available in specialty stores online. Nowadays, its gluten-free cake mixes are easily accessible and extremely delicious. This one has a rich, decadent chocolate flavor and moist crumb that pleases a crowd, whether that crowd follows a gluten-free diet or not.
The ingredients list is pretty straightforward, and everything is non-GMO. Because this cake holds up so well to frosting, and one box bakes two 8- or 9-inch cakes, its ideal for building gluten-free layer cakes.
If youre not into confetti cake, theres also a gluten-free chocolate cake with salted caramel chips thats just as delicious and easy to make.
Also Check: Turtle Ice Cream Cake Recipe