How To Remove A Cake From A Springform Pan:
One tip on removing a cake from a springform pan. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to release the mousse. Place one hand on the bottom of the pan to support the cake while using the other hand to pop open the spring. Then, let the pan fall on your arm dont worry about catching the ring partworry about the cake!
If you chill the cake before attempting to remove, it helps so much! This chocolate mousse recipe isnt overly firm or soft, its just right. You can pipe it and it will hold its shape, but it will be slightly firmer in the fridge.
Is Chocolate Mousse Safe To Eat
They used to serve their chocolate mousse in a coffee cup, with a dollop of whipped cream. Ive made loads of chocolate mousse recipes and variations over the years, and this is by far my favorite! And I also modified my recipe so that there are absolutely NO RAW EGGS, so its safe for consumption for anyone.
Tips For Making Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Start your cake by crushing your Oreo cookies. You can leave the cream filling in, it adds extra flavour and who wants to sit there dividing the Oreo cookies and the cream filling? Not me!
- If you dont have a food processor, you can put your Oreo cookies in a plastic zip lock bag and bash them with a rolling pin. It takes a little extra time and elbow grease, but the result is ultimately the same.
- The chocolate mousse is made using chocolate and cream. I recommend a mix of half milk chocolate and half dark chocolate. This gives you the perfect blend of chocolate flavour and sweetness without having to add any extra sugar.
- The final important step is making sure you whip your cream properly. The cream is what is going to give the cake its luscious, full-bodied texture and its also going to help the cake set. To check your cream is whipped to stiff peaks, try the bowl trick you should be able to tip your bowl upside down without any cream moving. Thats how you know youre good to go!
Recommended Reading: Do Rice Cakes Help Lose Weight
Make The Brownie Base
Start the chocolate mousse cake recipe by making the cakes base.
- Melt chocolate & butter.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Add brownie batter to the pan.
- Bake until fully cooked through.
Chocolate Cake Decorating Ideas
When it comes to decorating your chocolate cake, you can keep it simple and just sprinkle some chocolate sprinkles on top, or, you can also reserve some of the chocolate mousse filling to pip rosettes on the top of the cake. This is entirely optional.
There you have it. The best chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling with chocolate frosting. The chocolate lover in your life will be in chocolate heaven!
If you decided to try this recipe, and I hope you will, please take a picture and tag me on social media. I love seeing what you make! I can be found on , , and . Please use the hashtag @CenterCutCook
Looking for more delicious chocolate dessert recipes? Try:
You May Like: Crystal Cake Knife And Server Set
How To Make Chocolate Mousse Cake
This chocolateMousseCake recipe is a nice step-by-step guide on how to make this mouth-watering cake. Chocolaty light dough filled with amazing chocolate mousse cream with a layer of chocolate on the top. This is a perfect combination for a perfect dessert.
Visit SEODAM on for more delicious videos.
- 8.8oz.Dark chocolate coverture
- 0.7cupFresh cream
What Is A Substitute For Espresso Powder
I love using espresso powder for baking because it is finely ground and dissolves instantly. You can use it to make cakes and cookies by just incorporating it into the dry ingredients, or adding it to the wet ingredients. It blends into the eggs very easily.
If you dont have espresso powder, you can use an equal amount of ground up instant coffee granules. You can grind them using a mortar and pestle or just with the back of a spoon.
Also Check: A Piece Of Cake By Cupcake Brown
Chocolate Mousse Cake Whats Cooking America
- This delectable Chocolate Mousse Cake is a must-try if you love chocolate. When served, this dessert will elicit oohs and aahs from your guests as they admire its presentation. The following equipment is required: a total of eight ring molds 8 pieces parchment paper . Dessert is the final course. French cuisine is served. Recipe for Chocolate Mousse Cake is the keyword here. Approximately 8 to 10 serves Creme Anglais : whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise or 3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- To make the chocolate sauce, combine 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream with 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup and 6 ounces chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate.
- Raspberry Sauce is made with raspberries and sugar to sweeten it.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch .
Instructions for Making a Chocolate Mousse Cake:
Why Youll Love This Decadent Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe:
- Box mix recipe: As much as I love making cake from scratch, box cake mixes are also a treasure! Theyre a great way to save time and still have a delicious final result.
- Mousse: The chocolate mousse in this recipe is easy to make with simple foolproof steps and impossible to resist.
- Picturesque: Layered cakes are always gorgeous, especially when those layers include fluffy mousse. Youll love snapping pictures of your chocolate creation!
You May Like: Fat Daddio 4 Inch Cake Pan
Tips To Building A Chocolate Mousse Cake
- The trick to making a mousse cake like this is to use a combination of your 8-inch cake pan and an 8-inch spring form pan . I find a lot of springform pans arent tight enough to bake the cake in directly, so I do prefer to use my regular baking pans.
- You might find that your cake layer has shrank a little bit, so tape the cake collar tight around your cake layer.
- I use cake collars for all my no-bake desserts, even in a springform pan because then I can cleanly remove the edges of the pan without concern.
- When you use a cake collar, you can also build it directly on a plate, because the acetate sheet helps contain the filling. Just tape the sides up.
- If you dont have an 8-inch springform pan, you can still use your baking pan but I suggest to get a cake collar, plastic wrap or parchment paper if you plan to remove it from the pan. You need to make sure it covers the bottom of the pan if you want to lift it out.
Best Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
Sometimes, the best cake recipes are the ones from the box that you dress up! Box cake recipes are great because they save you a little bit of time from whipping up a homemade cake, and when you make them just right, they can be just as delicious as the real deal.
The real star of the show here isnt the cake, though, its the mousse. Homemade chocolate mousse is something that I could eat a whole bowl of by itself, but when its sandwiched between chocolate cake and thick ganache, it becomes true heaven!
Speaking of ganache, thats another thing I could eat all on its own! I dont think any part of this cake would be bad all alone if Im being honest. However, true magic happens when you assemble the base layer of simple chocolate cake, fluffy chocolate mousse, and thick, decadent ganache.
Also Check: What Ingredients Do You Need To Make A Cake
Fun Facts About Chocolate Mousse
Is there anything more luxurious than a cut-glass bowl of luscious chocolate mousse topped with fresh fruit and a dab of whipped cream for dessert after a hearty meal?The creamy texture appeals to a wide range of palates, from the most discerning palate to the most innocent palate sat in a highchair.Learn a little more about this well-known dessert by reading the following intriguing facts: Mousse is pronounced like the word moose. Despite the fact that it is in no way related with the animal, it is nonetheless included.The French, who are known for their culinary marvels, were the first to invent mousse.Rather than English, it is a French term that means froth or foam. The term mousse au chocolat refers to chocolate mousse in French.It was at a Food Exposition held at Madison Square Garden in New York City in 1892 that the United States first got familiar with the dessert known as chocolate mousse.
When chocolate pudding mixes became increasingly popular in the 1930s, it gained in popularity with the general population.The first dessert mousses were not made until after savory mousses had been around for more than a century.When it comes to mousse, everything is perfectly balanced.Its light and airy, yet its also full of flavor.A excellent mousse is made up of three essential ingredients.The first is the foundation, which also has a chocolate flavor.
Melt The Chocolate & Make Chocolate Mixture
Melt the chocolate chips by placing them in a medium-sized, heat-proof bowl.
Heat in 20-30 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each increment until the chocolate completely melted and smooth.
If you dont have a microwave, you can also use a double boiler.
In a small bowl, whisk together the hot water and cocoa powder.
Pour into the melted chocolate and whisk together until smooth. The mixture should be somewhat thick. Set aside.
Read Also: How To Keep Nothing Bundt Cakes Fresh
Tips For Making The Best Chocolate Mousse Cake Filling
- When making the chocolate mousse, chill your mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer. It makes it easier and quicker to whip up the whipped cream for the mousse.
- Heat the chocolate in short intervals, stirring between. This will prevent it from overheating and seizing up.
- Keep an eye on your mixer as you whip up the whipped cream! If you over-mix it, it will turn into butter.
- Use good quality chocolate! It has a huge impact on the flavor of this filling.
- Keep this chocolate mousse cake filling cold. It can lose its shape and structure if it gets too warm.
How To Make Chocolate Mousse Cake For Any Occasion
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
Next, make the mousse
Heres how to make the ganache
Can I make chocolate mousse cake with homemade chocolate cake?
You sure can! Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe, or try my personal favorite homemade Devils food cake recipe!
Can I use gelatin leaves instead of powdered gelatin in chocolate mousse?
If you only have gelatin leaves on hand, you can use 2 leaves of gelatin in place of the 2 teaspoons of powdered gelatin.
Why is my chocolate mousse watery?
If your mousse turns out a bit runny, its probably because the whipped cream was not stiff enough before you incorporated the chocolate and gelatin mixture. Avoid this issue by whipping the cream until stiff peaks form.
Read Also: Where Can I Buy A Diabetic Birthday Cake
Mousse1 Add The Milk And Dark Chocolate To A Heatproof Bowl Over A Double Boiler Stir Until Melted And Smooth
2. Take off the heat and add the 6 egg yolks. Stir using a spatula until well combined. Set aside
3. Add the gelatin leaves to a bowl of cold water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
4. Take out and squeeze out excess water.
5. Transfer to a jug of hot cream and stir until melted.
6. Add the hot gelatin cream to the chocolate mixture and stir until thinned out and smooth. Set aside.
7. Add the remaining 2 1/2 cups 625ml of cream to a mixing bowl with the vanilla extract and whip to stiff peaks.
8. Add the 6 egg whites to a separate large bowl that is very clean. With clean beaters, whip to soft peaks.
9. Slowly add the sugar while mixing on high speed. Once all the sugar is in there continue mixing for 2 minutes until thick and glossy.
10. Add the cream to the chocolate mixture and use a spatula to fold through.
11. Add the meringue to the chocolate mixture and gently fold through with the spatula.
12. Pour the mousse mixture to the prepared springform pan.
13. Use a spatula to flatten out the top and chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Lets unwrap this thing!
Double Chocolate Mousse Cake
Take this double-layer cake to a third level of indulgence by serving with a dollop of double cream.
- 400g CADBURY Baking , chopped
- 600ml thickened cream
- Step 1 Grease a 20cm springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper. Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter . Process until combined. Press mixture over base of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon for 10 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes .
- Step 3 Using an electric mixer, beat cream and liqueur until soft peaks form. Fold cream mixture into chocolate. Pour chocolate mixture over base in prepared pan. Smooth with a spatula. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Dust with cocoa . Serve.
Did you make this?
You May Like: Stop And Shop Online Cake Order
How Would You Describe Chocolate Mousse
Texture: The Cream
Ask anyone to describe a chocolate mousse and they will generally answer with a texture adjectivefluffy or airythats the result of the cream. Heavy cream is whipped to increase its volume and here many chefs do themselves a disservice by over whipping, leading to a denser finished product.
Whats The Ideal Texture For The Chocolate Mouse Cake Mixture
In this recipe, we will be using cornstarch instead of gelatin to thicken the mousse mixture.
Compared with gelatin, cornstarch can bring the chocolate mousse cake a creamier texture, and allow it to be vegan friendly.
But using cornstarch as the thickener can be tricky, because you need to observe the texture of the mixture carefully and remove it from heat at the appropriate time.
The mixture could be either too thin or too thicken when the heating time is too long or too short.
In this particular recipe, we will be thickening the chocolate mixture until it can form a triangle on the spatula. The triangle batter should be able to stay on the spatula for at least 5 seconds without breaking from the middle.
When you transfer the mixture to the cake mold, you should NOT be able to smooth out surface.
Otherwise, your chocolate mousse mixture is too thin, and the chocolate mousse cake wont be able to hold its shape when you try to remove it from the mold.
If thats the case, you can pour the mixture back to the sauce pot to keep cooking it until thickened.
Read Also: Dairy Free Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake
This triple chocolate mousse cake recipe makes the perfect light dessert. Its made with a dense chocolate brownie base, cool creamy mousse filling, and topped with rich chocolate ganache.
The chocolate mousse filling adds a cool creamy texture that compliments the dense chocolate cake layer. Its smooth, velvety, and extraordinarily decadent.
This cake has loads of chocolate from top to bottom. The cool, rich texture makes it great for any special occasion or holiday.
When I came across a chocolate mousse layer cake with ganache on The Food Network, I knew I had to make my own version with one single chocolate cake layer, chocolate filling, and chocolate ganache.