How To Frost A Layer Cake
- To frost the cakes, place the bottom layer, right side up, on your serving platter. Spread a thick layer of paleo cream cheese frosting over the bottom cake layer, making the layer as even as possible.
- Place the second cake layer on top and smush it down a bit.
- Spread another thick layer of frosting on top of the cake.
- Using an offset spatula, pull the frosting from the top down the sides of the cake.
- Smooth the sides with the offset spatula, then smooth the top. This is your crumb coat of icing. For more icing layers, chill or freeze the paleo lemon cake, then repeat frosting the top and sides of cake with another 1-2 layers of frosting.
- To decorate the top as shown here, slice a lemon thinly, then cut the slices into quarters and remove any seeds.
- Place some frosting in two piping bags fitted with large and small star tips. Decorate the top with the lemon slices, piped frosting, then sprinkle with bee pollen and edible flower petals if you like.
How Do I Look
Our Lemon Cake has a light and golden sponge full of sweet citrus flavour from the natural lemon oil and juice running through it. It is bound together with lashings of lemon oil buttercream and it’s topped with a lemon drizzle, dusted with golden caster sugar, and finished with a white chocolate drizzle on top.
STORAGE – Please store me in an air-tight container in a cosy spot – I don’t like being kept in the fridge. Can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 If softening cream cheese in the microwave, transfer to a chilled bowl and continue as directed in step 3.
- tip 2 For a quick frosting, stir 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel into each of 2 containers Betty Crocker® Whipped whipped cream frosting.
- tip 3 Create a Citrus Velvet Cream Cake by substituting orange peel for the lemon peel and garnishing top of cake with mandarin orange segments.
- tip 4 To keep your serving plate clean while frosting the cake, place strips of waxed paper around the edge of a plate. Remove after frosting, and decorating is complete.
- tip 5 If youre looking for a stronger lemon flavor, experiment with adding a little extra lemon peel to the frosting.
- tip 6 Looking for something to serve a larger crowd? This Lemon Buttermilk Cake serves 24 people!
You May Like: Wilton 1 2 Sheet Cake Pan
How Do I Arrive
Our sponge cakes are packaged in secure and robust packaging. The inner box is wrapped around the cake to securely hold it in place so the sides and top do not get damaged in transit. The box also includes a handy cutting guide! It is then put in a strong cardboard outer box for extra protection so it will arrive to you safely.
Lemon Layer Cake With White Chocolate Ganache
Tangy lemon layer cake is three layers of tender cake separated by layers of luxurious white chocolate ganache. A creamy, whipped lemon frosting covers the whole thing. It’s just right for birthdays, showers, and other special occasions!
For this recipe you’ll need: all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, eggs, milk, lemon juice, lemonade mix, white chocolate, heavy cream, instant lemon pudding, powdered sugar, lemon extractIf you are in a hurry to go straight to the lemon layer cake recipe.
I told you that I had made two cakes for Kyrie and Nick’s birthdays — a chocolate shadow cake and this lemon layer cake. The chocolate one was Nick’s and this one was Ky’s.
One of the things I love about this particular lemon cake is that the cake is tangy but the filling is rich and sweet. I’ve used the whipped frosting because it isn’t as sweet as American buttercream and it keeps the whole cake a nice balance of flavors and textures.
Lemon is a happy memory flavor for me. When I was little you didn’t have mega-markets. You went to the grocery store, the butcher shop, the bakery… It wasn’t all in one spot. The bakery we went to was narrow with a long glass case on one side that was filled with pastries, cakes, pies, and donuts. I can’t begin to explain the scent that wafted over you when you walked in. Something like sugar-vanilla-apple-cinnamon-lemon-bread-chocolate-cheesecake.
Something like that.
Here’s that lemon layer cake recipe!
Don’t Miss: Wedding Cake Steps For A Pool
Frequently Asked Questions And Answers
What did people search for similar to lemon cake in Los Angeles, CA?
People also searched for these in Los Angeles:
What are people saying about custom cakes in Los Angeles, CA?
This is a review for custom cakes in Los Angeles, CA:
“I have been wanting to go to magnolia’s for YEARS and finally had a chance!!They limited the capacity inside the store, so line was out the door but not too slow. The interior is SO CUTE and smells so sweet and amazing. The service was decent. The banana pudding is the best thing ever!!! Like $7 or something for the large container. I also tried a slice of their vanilla cake and was rather disappointed by it – I found it way too sweet and the cake was pretty dry. Would most definitely come back for their banana pudding, not too sure if I’ll try more of their cakes / cupcakes.”
Can This Lemon Cake Be Made Into A 2 Layer Cake
Yes, this recipe is designed for either a 3 layer cake with thin layers, or a 2 layer cake with thicker layers without making any adjustments to the ingredients in this recipe. For a 2 layer cake, add 5 to 10 minutes to the baking time.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in some of our other delicious cake recipes:
You May Like: Baskin Robbins Pie Recipe
How Can You Store It
You can store this lemon cake overnight at room temperature in a covered container. If youre making it further in advance go ahead and refrigerate. Just make sure it comes to room temperature before serving as butter-based cakes get hard at cold temperatures. You can make the layers in advance and freeze them as long as they are wrapped VERY well.
Cooks Note Copycat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake:
- This lemon cake will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you want the authentic look of Olive Gardens cake, then using a springform pan like the recipe indicates will help give you the cakes signature domed shape. If you do not have a spring-form pan, then two 9-inch cake pans can be used instead. Just reduce the cooking time to 20-25 minutes.
- If you make this cake ahead of time. Wait to dust it with powdered sugar until right before serving.
- I used mascarpone cheese for the filling of this lemon cream cake. However, if youre unable to find it or dont like the taste of it, then you can use cream cheese instead.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Also Check: Nothing Bundt Cake Gluten Free Ingredients
Tips And Tricks For Recipe Success:
- This recipe calls for cake flour because its extra finely ground and gives our cake its silky soft texture. In most grocery stores you can find cake flour in the baking aisle, but if you cant find it, dont fret! Making your own cake flour is easy and only requires two ingredients: cornstarch and all-purpose flour. Heres what you do: For every 1 cup of flour called for in the recipe, remove 2 Tbsp of flour. Then add in 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch for every 1 cup of flour . Sift this mixture a few times and thats it you just made ready-to-use cake flour.
- You must toss the raspberries in all-purpose flour before adding them to the batter. This dusting of flour helps keep the berries afloat during the baking process, and ensure you wont slice into a cake full of sunken berries.
- You may use fresh or frozen raspberries for this cake, but if you use frozen, dont thaw them first.
- I used store bought raspberry preserves in this recipe, but feel free to use homemade if youd like!
Dont let the Summer slip by without baking this moist and delicious lemon raspberry cake!
Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
October 7, 2016 by Stephanie Manley, Last Updated May 9, 2021
The Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake has rich and creamy lemon filling and buttery crumb topping. We all love the Olive Garden and this luscious lemon cake is an irresistible dessert.
If you are like me, you love the Olive Garden, the food is hard to resist. I never felt like I had enough of their dessert recipes. I have their tiramisu, but I always felt like I needed more of their recipes.
I love this Italian lemon cake. It is a layer cake with a creamy filling and crumb topping. I knew it was one to include in my copycat Olive Garden recipes.
While this cake may look difficult to make, I promise, you can recreate this fancy dessert cake with this recipe. The lemon-flavored white cake layers are finely-textured, filled with lemony mascarpone cream, and topped with an abundance of buttery crumbs.
Heres a list of what you need:
- Whole milk
- Mascarpone cheese
Recommended Reading: Sam’s Club Bakery Wedding Cakes
Modifications You Might Enjoy
Adding a layer of lemon curd anywhere in this cake is a great idea. You can use my lemon curd recipe here, make sure to chill the cake as you fill if things are looking unstable. You can whip up a batch of whipped cream stabilized with mascarpone if you want an even lighter frosting. Its super quick and will make your lemon cake very delicious.
A Cute And Cosy Bakery
Lets begin with the aesthetic, shall we? The art style of this game is your typical cute chibi style models thrust into a pastel-coloured world of confectionery. The presentation is nauseatingly bright but not to the point of excess. The player will be able to explore and expand their bakery at their own pace. They can add their own personal touches to the shop and overall, the art style is perfect for the game in question.
However, this chill and relaxed atmosphere is not a constant within this game. Often you will have to be on top of your game to meet the mass of orders that will come from the customers, not to mention staying on top of your cleaning responsibilities. It has that Overcooked style chaos, however, its much more dialled back so that you are challenged but rarely overwhelmed, which personally, is much more preferable.
Also Check: Turtle Ice Cream Cake Baskin Robbins
How To Make A Lemon Raspberry Layer Cake
To make this moist lemon cake into a raspberry lemon cake, I mix up my lemon batter as usual and then before baking, I swirl in some dollops of raspberry filling and sprinkle in some fresh raspberries.
The raspberry tends to sink to the bottom so I leave all the good stuff at the top to keep it as suspended in the batter as possible. I dust my raspberries with some flour to help adhere them to the batter and keep them from sinking.
I baked this lemon raspberry cake in the morning and then chilled them in the freezer until they where firm enough to handle .
Then I filled them with easy buttercream and raspberry filling. I topped the cake with some sliced lemon, more raspberries and berry drip. I was in a hurry to get to dinner with my cake so I just used a spoon to drizzle but you could put the filling into a piping bag and make a cleaner drip.
This lemon raspberry cake was SUCH a huge hit! The kids devoured it and I must admit I went in for a second slice. Even as Im blogging about this I am thinking about the next time I can make this yummy cake!
Make sure you check out the video in the recipe for more details on how to make this luscious lemon raspberry cake with raspberry filling.
Layer Cake Baking & Decorating Tips
It had been some time since I’d decorated a proper layer cake and I was nervous about it! But thankfully the components are so easy to work with that dolling it up was a breeze.
Here are some tips:
- Make sure your cake layers are flat and even. This starts with smoothing the cake batter to the edges of the pan, and making sure your oven racks don’t tilt. This paleo lemon cake recipe bakes up with flat tops, making the layers extra easy to work with. But if for some reason they bake up with domed tops, use a large serrated knife to trim them flat before you get to work frosting them.
- Get your cake layers cold before working with them. Cool completely, then refrigerate or freeze until firm. You can wrap the cake layers well and freeze for up to a month if you like.
Read Also: Sam’s Club Bakery Wedding Cakes
How Much Is Iced Lemon Loaf At Starbucks
It may seem like youre judging the taste differently, but the price difference is readily apparent: Starbucks Iced Lemon Loaf costs $3, while the same product from Subway costs $5. There is a Walmart Marketside Iced Lemon Cake for $1 at Walmart stores nationwide, while the Marketside Iced Lemon Cake costs $25.
If Your Baking Experiments Tend To Result In Disaster A Little Jar From The Grocery Store Might Be The Solution
Im a skittish baker. Baking, Id been told, was not for impulsive improvisers like myself it was about careful teaspoons over haphazard pinches. Then I found the training wheels I needed in a jar of lemon curd.
Ive long had the habit of picking up $2.99 jars of Trader Joes authentic English lemon curd to smear generously on toast, muffins, and, on particularly trying weeknights, directly onto a spoon and into my mouth. One summer Saturday, I set out to make lemon curd ice cream using the last half of a jar. The viscous curd, I found, was surprisingly easy to beat into the hot-milk-and-cornstarch base that would become ice cream. As my mixture quickly became a confident, consistent yellow, I poured the mixture into a bowl, tossed it into the freezer, and set to Instagramming various snapshots of my triumph.
After the lemon ice cream went off without a hitch, I managed to botch some simple lemon bars. I didnt make it very far past a thin, crumbly crust and a filling that I hadnt cooled for the requisite amount of time. Ice cream had been a surprisingly straightforward endeavor, but it hadnt really exposed me to the skills necessary to become a strong bakernor had I learned much about how lemon curds strong, tart profile interacts with other flavors.
The key, I learned, was to add ingredients sweet enough to balance out the sharpness of the curd, but not so strong that it felt like a flavor overload.
Read Also: Wedding Cake Steps For A Pool