Mascarpone Cream Cheese Berry Tart With Lemon Curd
Mascarpone Cream Cheese Berry Tart with Lemon Curd
Lets jump right into spring with a mascarpone cream cheese berry tart with homemade lemon curd! But in order for this mascarpone cream cheese berry tart to be a quick, luxurious fix for you spring get together (Easter anyone?? Honestly, this mascarpone cream cheese berry tart just makes me happy. And the mascarpone cream cheese spread?? I added a little lemon juice and some powdered sugar for a hint of both sour and sweet that pairs perfectly with the lemon curd.
A Beautiful But Easy To Make Cake
This Lemon & Mascarpone Cake is a lovely looking cake . And the best thing about it is it is very simple to make and decorate.
Whatever your baking ability, you will be able to produce a pretty cake.
This mascarpone frosting isnt as stiff as a standard buttercream. This means that I wouldnt attempt any elaborate piping because it might not hold up.
Although piping does look beautiful, from speaking to some of you it isnt something you would usually attempt. This is either because you arent confident with piping or just dont want to spend the time doing it.
So this mascarpone frosting is perfect for simply spreading on.
How To Make Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Prepare the baking pans. Ive offered some helpful hints below.
- Beat together the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and lemon extract.
- Next add the lemon zest, lemon juice and sour cream and beat until the batter is well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then alternate adding half the dry ingredients with half the buttermilk and beat until well combined.
- Toss the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of flour. Then gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the three pans, about 1 2/3 cups of batter per pan and bake according to instructions in the recipe card.
Read Also: Gluten Free Cake Recipes From Scratch
Read Also: Entenmann’s Butter French Crumb Cake
Copy Cat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
The inspiration for this cake today initially came from my goal of adding recipes to my Copycat Series, which I honestly get a kick out of. But the recipe itself is not mine. This Lemon Cream Cake is my adaptation of a recipe I found over on Food, Folks and Fun.
Most of the recipes here on My Kitchen Little are straight-up originals, stemming from my own kitchen adventuring, tinkering, and discovering. Occasionally though, Ill share someone elses recipe say, from a cookbook, or Ill enjoy an adaptation of a recipe so much, that I cant not share it.
Such is the case with this Copycat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake. I love it so, so much, and my tweaks really are just to minimize ingredients a bit, and to make the overall cost of preparation a little lower.
Frost And Decorate The Cake
Recommended Reading: Baskin Robbins Eggless Ice Cream Cake
How To Make Box Cake Better
There are many ways you can turn a box cake mix into a cake that tastes like homemade. Sometimes swapping out the oil for butter or the water for milk is all it takes. For this cake, we used 2 cake mixes so put in a lot of sour cream to make it rich and more dense, like homemade cakes tend to be. Youll also add vanilla pudding mix which not only adds to the flavor but adds to the texture as well.
This berry mascarpone cake batter makes enough to fill 3 9 cake pans. This is a TALL cake so just a small sliver will do. It feeds about 15 people.
More About Lemon Berry Mascarpone Cake Sysco Recipes
ITALIAN LEMON OLIVE OIL CAKE RECIPE WITH BERRIES & AMP MASCARPONE
FromEstimated Reading Time
- Start by adding the blueberries with the lemon juice, vanilla and honey to a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for a couple of minutes, just until the blueberries burst. Remove from flame and adjust sweetness to your taste with more honey. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the lemon curd, prepare a double boiler with 2 inches of water in the bottom pan. Bring to gentle simmer.Add the egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice to the top pan. Whisk together over the steam until combined well. Keep whisking for a few minutes until the curd has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. About 5 to 10 minutes or so. Turn off the flame and whisk in the butter until melted. Transfer the curd to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cooled completely. It should be very thick at this point.
- In the bowl of a mixer add the eggs, lemon zest and sugar and using the whisk attachment beat them together until well combined. A few minutes.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use a mixer with a whisk attachment to cream the sugars and egg yolks until fluffy and pale in color.
& QUOT THE& QUOT CAKE MOUNTAIN BREATHS
FromEstimated Reading Time
CULINARY ORGASM: LEMON BERRY MASCARPONE CAKE
FromEstimated Reading Time
LEMON BERRY MASCARPONE CAKE RECIPE WITH LEMON MASCARPONE
Also Check: Chocolate And Vanilla Ice Cream Cake
Mascarpone Whipped Cream Frosting
For the frosting, I went with a simple mascarpone whipped cream. Its an amazing, thick whipped cream frosting that is not too sweet.
- I recommend placing a metal mixer and the whisk in the freezer for 5-10 minutes prior to starting. Also keeping your ingredients refrigerated up until youre ready to use them.
- Spoon the cold mascarpone whipped cream into your bowl and beat on a medium-low speed
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream, allowing the mascarpone cheese to turn to a liquid consistency. Then increase the mixing speed to high and beat it until soft peaks form.
- Next, add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beating on low until sugar is incorporated. Then continue beating at a high speed until stiff peaks form.
The whipped cream will thicken pretty quickly once the mascarpone has been added. This frosting is very light and its not overly sweet so it allows the flavors of the cake to really shine through.
What Happens If Bakery Lemon Two Berry Mascarpone Cake Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Dont Replace: For items youd rather not replace, choose Dont replace to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Recommended Reading: Nothing Bundt Cakes Chocolate Chip Bundtlet
Prepare The Lemon Whipped Cream
How To Assemble The Cake Layers
- If the layers are not all the same thickness, place your thickest and flattest layer on the bottom.
- First, pipe a layer of the mascarpone whipped cream and spread evenly. Using a piping bag helps to ensure an even distribution of frosting.
- Then spread a layer of lemon curd . Dont spread the lemon curd all the way to the edges, stop about ½ inch from the edge
- Add the next layer of cake on top, and press it into layer below. Try your best to place it centered and not leaning to one side or the other.
- Invert your top layer, so the actual bottom of the cake layer is on top, giving you a nice flat surface on the top of your cake.
Don’t Miss: Nothing Bundt Cakes Clifton Park Ny
Lemon Berry Mascarpone Tart
Lemon Berry Mascarpone Tart
A Lemon Berry Mascarpone Tart is a simple, delicious way to show off all the seasons best berries. I hope you love this mascarpone tart as much as I do! A Fresh Berry Mascarpone Tart could surely make anyone feel excited for the season ahead.
The nice thing about this Fresh Berry Mascarpone Tart is that it looks like a real showstopper, but its actually quite easy to make. Weve already found three occasions to whip up this Fresh Berry Mascarpone Tart and the summer is just getting started here! .
Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe Tips
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them first.
- Its best to use room temperature eggs as they mix easily into the batter and help prevent over mixing.
- Make sure the mascarpone cheese is cold.
- If you dont have buttermilk, you can use milk. Whole milk produces the best results.
- The cakes can be made a day in advance and kept at room temperature wrapped tightly.
- Its best to make the mascarpone frosting the day you will be frosting the cake.
- The cake batter can be baked in a 9 x 13 cake pan for about 40 minutes.
Take A Look At These Other Delicious Desserts:
Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Lemon slices
Don’t Miss: Rice Cake Ideas For Weight Loss
How To Make Berry Mascarpone Layer Cake
This cake starts with a moist and easy vanilla cake. The batter is so easy to put together, you could simply use a whisk to combine everything if you wanted. I always love a good stand mixer it takes the work out of it for you but you could do it by hand. Just combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then add them all together with a little water. Done! Plus, the ingredients are all nice and straight forward. Rock on.
Then theres the berry filling. You could almost think of it as a homemade jam, but not quite as thick. I used an even mix of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, but you could use whatever combo you like. The berries are purred in a food processor, then cooked over heat with some sugar and cornstarch. The heat reduces the liquid a bit and the cornstarch helps thicken everything. Once its cooled, youve got the perfect berry filling!
The mascarpone whipped cream frosting is used both to add to the cake filling and to frost the cake. I love how light this frosting is! You basically make whipped cream and add mascarpone cheese to it. The mascarpone flavor is lighter than a more straight forward mascarpone frosting, but this version runs much less risk of getting a super soft mascarpone frosting. Just be sure to add the full amount of powdered sugar to make sure the frosting stays stable. It makes a great addition to the cake and keeps things light and fresh!
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese, chilled
Read Also: Ingredients To Make A Chocolate Cake
How Long Is It Good For:
Serve: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldnt leave this Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake out for longer than 2 hours.
Store: Cover and store the cake in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze: Because of the whipped cream in the frosting, we do not recommend freezing the cake. The frosting will turn to soup when its defrosted.
Recommended Reading: Walmart Baby Shower Cakes For A Boy
Everything You Need To Know About Mascarpone Whipped Cream
I love mascarpone whipped cream because its more stable than your traditional whipped cream and works perfectly for cupcake frosting. I wrote an entire post about making mascarpone whipped cream but if this is your first time, here are a few essential things to know.
- What is mascarpone cheese? Mascarpone is like soft cream cheese. It has a more distinct flavor and a creamier texture, as it has more fat than cream cheese.
- Can I use cream cheese instead? Yes, if you cant find mascarpone cheese you can also make this with full-fat cream cheese.
- Keep everything as cold as possible. Both the heavy whipping cream and mascarpone cheese should be kept cold until used. I also recommend freezing the bowl and whisk before starting.
- Beating to the proper consistency: If you find that the cream is not thick enough to pipe, its likely due to undermixing the cream. Try returning the whipped cream to the mixer and beat at the highest speed. You should be able to run a knife through it without it falling in on itself.
Storing And Prepping This Cake
Once frosted, this cake can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container such as a cake carrier. To make the layers ahead of time, cool completely, line the top and bottom with parchment paper and tightly wrap in plastic wrap.
I do not recommend making the frosting in advance and storing it separately. Make the frosting and frost the cake immediately. Then store in the refrigerator.
Recommended Reading: Does Baskin Robbins Have Premade Cakes
What Youll Need To Make This Copycat Lemon Cream Cake
This cake reads long guys, I know. Im sorry. It really cant be helped, as there are three structural components to the finished cake.
Anyway, heres the real-deal breakdown for you.
Cooks Note Copycat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake:
- This lemon cake will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you want the authentic look of Olive Gardens cake, then using a springform pan like the recipe indicates will help give you the cakes signature domed shape. If you do not have a spring-form pan, then two 9-inch cake pans can be used instead. Just reduce the cooking time to 20-25 minutes.
- If you make this cake ahead of time. Wait to dust it with powdered sugar until right before serving.
- I used mascarpone cheese for the filling of this lemon cream cake. However, if youre unable to find it or dont like the taste of it, then you can use cream cheese instead.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Also Check: Deliver A Cake For A Birthday
Copycat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
This post may contain affiliate links, please see our disclosure policy for details.
This Copycat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake is easy, delicious, and so refreshing. Its one of our favorite desserts, and making the entire cake costs less than a single slice at Olive Garden!
This Lemon Cream Cake costs $5.79 to make whichs just 73¢ per serving. It is a delicious copycat recipe that gives you a restaurant-quality dessert at home.
The Best Lemon Cake With Lemon Whipped Cream
Today Im bringing back my favorite lemon cake, the one Ive used in recipes such as my lemon raspberry cake, and taking it to a brand new citrusy level by layering it with lemon mascarpone whipped cheese. Every bite of this cake is a bite of citrus heaven!
Bright in both color and flavor, and not overly sweet, this lemon dessert is perfect for spring and summer. I love that it has a little tangy flavor to it that balances out the sweetness.
Not to mention that the mascarpone whipped cream is just addictive. I could eat it by the spoonful! I tweaked my normal recipe by adding lemon zest to the whipped cream instead of vanilla extract and it makes the cake even better.
Read Also: King Arthur Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix