How To Make Chocolate Cake:
Mix Dry Ingredients. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
Addwet ingredients:. Eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Add boiling water. Stir to combine . Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool in the pan for a few minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
Assemble and Frost: Place one cake layer on serving tray. Spread a generous amount of frosting on top. Add second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
How To Make Hershey Bar Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan or 12 cup fluted pan.
- 2Beat butter in large bowl until creamy, gradually add granulated sugar, beating on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate, beat until blended.
- 3Stir together flour, baking soda and salt add to chocolate mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating until well blended. Add syrup and vanilla, beat until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan onto wire rack. Cool completely. Dust with sifted powdered sugar and drizle with chocolate syrup , if desired
- 5* To sour milk use 1 tablespoon of white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
The Best Ingredients Yield The Best Results
I used Challenge butter in this Chocolate Pound Cake recipe because theyre the brand Ive used and trusted for years and years. Made with 100% real cream, its my butter of choice. Ive been using Challenge products my whole life and trust their products. I know the quality is outstanding and use it for all my baking and cooking!
Read Also: Wilton Cake Serving Chart
How To Make A Chocolate Pound Cake From Scratch
This recipe is slightly adapted from the Queen of Southern Pound Cakes herself, Very Vera! It’s truly the best I’ve ever had, and it’s made even richer and more delicious by my addition of coffee, which simply enhances the flavor of the chocolate. The end result is a rich, decadent dessert that tastes a lot like a brownie — in the shape of a Bundt cake!
Dark Chocolate Brown Sugar Pound Cake With Chocolate Glaze
Yield Makes 16 to 20 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
|2 1/4 cups cake flour|
|3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup sour cream|
|2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, softened|
|1 1/2 cups granulated sugar|
|1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon chocolate extract*|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|3 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|*available by mail order|
Also Check: Wilton Cake Mix Chart
Making The Hersheys Perfectly Chocolate Cake Recipe Even Better
First, I tried the original Hersheys Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe without any modifications. I wanted to see if, after all these years and a cookbook later, Id changed my mind. I also wanted to see if I would agree with any of Jesses criticisms against the recipe.
To my surprise, I STILL thought that the original, unmodified Hersheys Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe produced a delicious cake. I especially loved the super soft and moist cake crumb. I thought the chocolate frosting was a dream to work with. Its texture was super silky and creamy, making the cake easy to frost!
But that being said, I also understood where Jesse was coming from. I could see why he thought the cake was overly moist and sweet. So in my version of the recipe below, I updated the Hersheys Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe to address some of his major criticisms. Learn more in the next section!
To Make The Chocolate Bundt Cake
Prepare cake mix according to directions on package.
Tip: My husband substitutes 1/2 cup softened butter for vegetable oil. Its one of his pro tricks for making a box cake mix taste like it was made from scratch.
Coat bundt pan thoroughly with non-stick baking spray. Pour half of the cake batter into pan.
Add flour-dusted Hersheys Kisses to cake batter, evenly distributing around the pan. Pour the rest of the batter on top and bake according to directions on cake mix package. .
Remove cake from oven and gently shake to release cake from sides of the pan. When cake is cool you can invert pan over a serving plate and cake should slide right out!
To Make The Chocolate Ganache
Heat 1 cup heavy cream until steaming but not boiling!
While cream is heating, rough chop 2 cups Hersheys Kisses. Add to a heat-safe mixing bowl.
When cream is hot, pour into the mixing bowl with chocolate pieces. Whisk until smooth and shiny.
You can add more chocolate for thicker ganache or more cream for a thinner consistency, depending on your preference.
Pour over cake as much or as little as youd like. We used it all! Can you ever have too much chocolate?
This amazing holiday dessert will really wow your guests! It would also be perfect for Valentines Day , or even just for a Tuesday night chocolate craving!
The Best Chocolate Pound Cake
Extraordinarily moist with a beautiful tender crumb, this pound cake cuts up like a dream, and has rich, deep chocolate flavor. And thats just the cake. Then I went and topped it with a dreamy chocolate ganache glaze. Because I can. Im a sucker for a glaze and used one on this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake too.
Well be serving this gorgeousness on Valentines Day this year.
Recommended Reading: Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix Brownies
How To Serve Bundt Cake
This bundt cake recipe can be served all on its own, or with a few additions. If you want to change things up, consider these different serving options:
- Add sliced fruit toppings such as strawberries before serving
- Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream
- Serve warm with a topping of mixed bananas and cinnamon
You are seriously going to LOVE this bundt cake recipe. Its one of our favorites and I cant wait to hear what you think of it after you make it for the first time.
How To Serve It
Honestly, this cake does not need a single thing. Its simple perfection, just as is.
But there is nothing wrong with gilding the lily every now and then.
- Sprinkle it with a dusting of powdered sugar to make it extra-pretty.
- Bathe it with a blanket of chocolate glaze.
- Add mini-chocolate chips to the batter and/or to the top of the cake before you bake it.
- Serve it with a dollop of softly whipped cream and a handful of fresh berries.
- Add a drizzle of chocolate syrup, hot fudge sauce, raspberry sauce, salted caramel or dulce de leche.
Don’t Miss: Baskin Robbins Cake Ingredients
Homemade Vanilla Bundt Cake Recipe With Hersheys Filling
Ive made this bundt cake numerous times and every single time it turns out amazing.
This homemade bundt cake recipe is personally one of my FAVORITES. Its perfect for those days you want a little sweet treat thats chocolatey but not too overpowering or rich. It has the perfect balance of vanilla and chocolate!
How To Prepare A Bundt Pan
By far my favorite way to prepare a bundt pan is with GOOP or Pan Release. The recipe is simple and you can easily keep it in on hand. I spread a generous coat around the bundt pan with a pastry brush. One important aspect of using Goop is when to remove the bundt cake. I will let the cake set in the pan for about 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack. When allowed to cool to room temperature in the pan, I have found that it doesnt release as beautifully.
You can also use the traditional butter + flour method, which is buttering the pan generously then adding about a 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Slowly turn the pan around and around making sure the cocoa powder covers every nook and cranny. Tip if over a garbage and shake out the excess.
You can also use bakers spray, which is an aerosol pan release. I prefer the bakers version as it seems to work best on cakes.
Read Also: Rice Cakes Keto Friendly
Tips For The Best Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
- Properly measure the flour. Spoon flour into the cups and lightly level with the straight edge of a knife. Packing the measuring cups too tightly and using too much flour will result in a dry cake.
- While most cakes do best with cake flour, I recommend all-purpose flour for this recipe. That’s because the chocolate cake includes cocoa powder which already has a soft, dry texture. The combination of both cake flour and cocoa powder can result in a flimsy cake. All-purpose flour has a higher protein content and is milled to a slightly coarser consistency, which keeps this cake nice and sturdy.
- Always sift the flour for pound cake. This extra step prevents any dry lumps in the batter and helps to evenly distribute and incorporate the ingredients.
- Make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature so that they blend together smoothly.
- Cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. This can take up to 15 minutes! Whipping this air into the batter will help it rise during baking.
- Don’t leave the cake in the pan for too long after baking — about 10-15 minutes is plenty. After that, condensation will start to form and the moisture will negatively impact the crust.
- Make the cake about 1 day ahead of when you plan to serve it. The cake just gets better as it sits!
- Dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
Can This Be Made In A Different Sized Pan
As you can see in these pics, I baked my chocolate pound cake in a standard-sized loaf pan.
But the recipe can also be doubled to make a double-layer 8-inch round cake, a triple-layer 6-inch round cake, 2 dozen cupcakes, or you can bake it in a 10-cup bundt pan.
Just be aware that if you bake it in a different sized pan, you may need to adjust the bake time. Youll know your cake is done baking when a toothpick inserted into the thickest part comes out clean or with just one or two moist crumbs clinging to it.
I would also add that pound cake is very sturdy and can stand up to a lot of weight, so if youre looking to make a stacked cake with a lot of layers , this recipe is a great choice.
Also Check: Sam’s Club Birthday Cakes 2021
Hershey Kiss Cake Ingredients
For your convenience, Ive included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this easy chocolate bundt cake. Our disclosure policy is available here.
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Devils Food Cake Mix You can use any chocolate cake mix, but this is one of our favorites.
- Hersheys Kisses We bought the party bag so there would be more than enough for the recipe. Youll need at least 3 cups of Kisses.
- Vegetable oil or softened butter
- Heavy cream
Tip: We used Betty Crocker cake mix and Hersheys® Kisses, so you know this recipe is both easy AND delicious!
Day : Make The Chocolate Cake
Recommended Reading: Betty Crocker Butter Recipe Chocolate Cake Mix
Dont Forget The Frosting
What cake would be complete without frosting??
I think this recipe for Hersheys Chocolate Cake is perfect with the accompanying homemade chocolate frosting recipe.
After all, we already discussed how chocolate cake and chocolate frosting are a match made in heaven.
But if you want to change it up, you could always turn to homemade buttercream frosting instead. would be a fun option, too!
Honestly, it doesnt really matter which frosting you use, because when theres homemade chocolate cake, you know everybody will be happy.
How To Make This Classic Chocolate Pound Cake
Its a one-bowl wonder, which is just how I like my baking projects lately. This pound cake follows the classic method of beating butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy, then alternating the dry ingredients with your buttermilk. Finally, the chocolate and vanilla get streamed into the mix before transferring it all to a loaf pan.
This pound cake is certainly delicious enough to eat naked, but to really go all in, I like to drizzle a simple chocolate ganache over the top and allow it to set. Serve with whipped cream, obviously.
Recommended Reading: Wilton Sheet Cake Pan Sizes