What Else Can I Use
- Use a 9 inch round cake pan or 10 inch round cake pan for this cake, it is a lot of batter and rises quite a bit. It will overflow in an 8 inch cake pan, I know from experience.
- Both unsweetened almond milk and reduced fat cows milk can be used in this cake.
- If youd like to cut back further on the oil, replace half of it with unsweetened apple sauce.
- Use any good quality olive oil that you like in this cake, I like this one. However, you can also use another type of oil such as safflower or vegetable oil if you prefer.
- I use Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour in this cake, but you can certainly swap in regular all purpose flour. I wouldnt advise using almond or oat flour in this cake as it will make it either too moist or too dense. You want a just slightly dense and fluffy crumb.
I tend to serve this one of two ways:
With a simple dusting of powdered sugar
With a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry compote. For this, I simply simmer frozen cherries with a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of sugar, salt, and nutmeg.
If you make this Chocolate Olive Oil Cake, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here or post to and tag me. I love to hear your feedback and share your creations!
Can You Freeze Cake
Of course, nobody bakes a cake the day of the party, so Im sure you are wondering, can this allergy-friendly cake be frozen? The short answer is yes! You can bake the layers and freeze them, take the cake out of the freezer the day of the party, make the dairy-free frosting, and assemble it.
Want to save more time? Make the entire cake and freeze it, whole, and take it out the night of the party. If you have room in your freezer, then why not? Thawing out this cake does not affect its delicious texture and flavor, and youll save yourself a lot of time.
I know that making an allergy-friendly cake from scratch can seem overwhelming -where do you even find the ingredients? Well, for starters, you are probably using most of them already so know that they are often easy to swap for another brand. This recipe is not brand specific.
For most people with severe food allergies, using a mix out of the box isnt an option, so this version allows you to select your favorite gluten-free flour.
Youll also find that the use of chocolate non-dairy milk gives this cake a moist, rich texture that will bring everyone back for seconds. You can find this dairy-free option in the refrigerated section of your grocery.
For more clean desserts that have no gluten or nuts and focus on clean sugars check out my latest cookbook, Clean Treats for Everyone.
Clean Treats Cookbook
Healthy and wholesome dessert recipes youll want to eat made with clean ingredients you already have on hand.
Can I Make This Recipe Gluten
It is gluten-free, though nobody would know just by tasting it trust me!
Bear in mind that minimising cross-contamination is hugely important if youre Coeliac or making this for someone who is. Heres some tips from Coeliac UK on minimising the risk of cross contamination:
Also, make sure that all ingredients used dont have any gluten-containing ingredients. Then make sure that they also dont have a may contain warning for gluten, wheat, rye, barley, oats , spelt and khorasan wheat .
Heres some more info from Coeliac UK on identifying safe gluten-free products.
Don’t Miss: Can I Eat Rice Cakes On Keto
Tips For Baking The Best Gluten
- Line the bottoms of the 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Trace the bottoms of the cake pans with a pencil and cut them out with scissors to have them fit perfectly!
- Use gluten-free cooking spray to grease your cake pans. I like gluten-free coconut oil cooking spray.
- Make sure to take the time to soften the butter.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 15 minutes and then finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Allow the cakes to completely cool before your frost them.
The Moist & Rich Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Sponges
The gluten free vegan chocolate sponges are incredibly easy to make: all you have to do is melt the chocolate and oil together, combine them with the wet ingredients, sift together the dry ingredients, and then mix it all together into a luscious, chocolatey batter. Yes, thats all there is to it.
Its very important that you keep the ingredient ratios as theyre listed in the recipe below Ive optimised the recipe to give gluten free vegan chocolate sponges that taste just like the regular equivalents. So, theyre perfectly moist and soft and rich, but without being too delicate or too crumbly.
That means that you can easily handle, level and stack them without having to worry about them cracking or crumbling! Just make sure that theyre completely cooled to room temperature before you level them and start assembling the cake. Hot or warm sponges are much more delicate, so resist the temptation to handle them too much before theyre fully cooled.
Read Also: Wedding Cake Pool Steps For Sale
Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
Published: by Sarah Bell · This post may contain affiliate links ·
This dairy free chocolate cake is moist while being light and fluffy, with rich dairy free chocolate ganache layers. This gluten free layer cake is a must make for the dark chocolate lover and would make for the perfect birthday cake!
I thought it was about time that I share this gluten free chocolate cake recipe – I’m not sure why it took me so long, it is such a joy to make! My favourite part of this bake is decorating with the luscious, silky smooth dairy free chocolate ganache!
How To Frost The Cakes
- Place the first cake with the shiny side down on a plate or a cake plate.
- Frost the top of the first cake. This will be the frosting in the center of your cake. I like a good amount of frosting in the center.
- Place the second cake on top of the frosted first cake the shiny side down.
- Frost the top and side of the cake with the remaining frosting.
- I decorated the top with chocolate shavings and frosting flowers using a Wilton 1M tip.
Don’t Miss: Dairy Queen Baby Shower Cakes
To Flour Pans With Cocoa Powder
- Use a sifter to evenly drop cocoa powder over pan
- Then, tap the pan around to get the cocoa powder to spread.
- For the sides, you have to aggressively tap and hold the pan on its side, getting the cocoa powder to fall down onto the opposite side. Rotate as you tap so the cocoa powder will fall and coat more and more of the side of the cake pan.
Why This Recipe Works:
- Flourless : Its flourless in the sense that it doesnt use any refined flours . Instead, its made with a base of high-fiber, low-carb coconut flour.
- Simple Ingredients: The ingredients needed to make this flourless chocolate cake recipe are simple and easily accessible at the grocery store.
- Easy to Make: All you need to do is mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients to get the batter, then pour the batter into the pan and bake! How much simpler does it get? This cake is also ready in under an hour, which means you can quickly whip it up and enjoy it by the time your guests arrive .
- Totally Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free: Best of all this delicious cake is both gluten-free and dairy-free, so even those who have Celiac disease or gluten or lactose intolerances can still enjoy it!
You May Like: Cake Pops Sam’s Club
What Equipment Will I Need
I use my Sage stand mixer to make cakes in these days. It means I can make a cake at the same time as clearing up, or unloading the dishwasher! And the end result is always a lovely light bake.
Finally, youll need two 15cm round cake tins . I like these springform ones because it makes getting the cooked cakes out much easier.
The Taste: Vegan Gluten Free Cake: Chocolate Edition
This vegan gluten free cake is one of the most popular on the internet for a reason. Its GOOD. Like, hella good.
The Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cake: is moist and fluffy with rich, deep chocolate flavor and the perfect crumb. Its not too light and not too denselanding somewhere perfectly in between.
The Vegan Chocolate Frosting: rich, creamy and delightfully chocolatey. While the cake portion of this vegan GF cake is lightly sweet, the 2 ingredient vegan chocolate frosting is on the sweeter, creamier side to balance out the dark chocolate flavors of the cake.
Together, these two components make for the best vegan gluten free cake recipe ever. Try if for yourself and see.
Also Check: Sams Club Baby Cakes
Gluten Free + Dairy Free Decadent Chocolate Cake
October 20, 2020 by joythebaker
Im here to tell ya that this little old chocolate cake says it all. Its easy enough to say Oh I just whipped this up this morning knowing you were coming over for afternoon coffee. Its elegant enough to say Thank you for having us over for dinner. I brought a dark chocolate cake for dessert and why yes, those are cocoa nibs. And its delicious enough to say Thank you, and can you believe its gluten and dairy free? All in one cake I swear!
The secret well keep between you and me is that this cake is one of those one-bowl wonders that is generous enough to always bake up moist and rich. We top it with a ganache made of dark chocolate and coconut milk cooled to just spreadable and sprinkle with crunchy cocoa nibs. Its just one of those magic recipes that is both simple and fancy. Its a blessing to all of us, really.
Heres what youll need for this chocolate dream:
a gluten-free flour blend. I used Bobs Red Mill 1-for-1 blend. It contains xanthan gum so if your fl.l p-p[our blend doesnt have it, add about 1/4 teaspoon. It helps for binding.
baking powder, baking soda, salt, kosher salt, vanilla extract all the cake things.
cocoa powder. I love Guittard chocolate and used their Red Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder.
two eggs. And I know I know this isnt a vegan cake. I think this cake works best with eggs. It doesnt have the uumph without them.
semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut milk or coconut cream for the ganache.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake
Moist, decadent, and super easy to make, this coconut flour chocolate cake uses just a bit of low-carb coconut flour instead of refined wheat flour. Topped with crunchy coconut chips and fresh raspberries, this flourless chocolate cake makes the perfect dessert for Christmas, the holidays, Valentines day, Easter, or any special occasion! Gluten-free and dairy-free, but no one would care!
You May Like: Wilton Serving Guide
Death By Chocolate Chocolate Cake:
This is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the richest, chocolatiest, death by chocolate chocolate cake that ever did exist. The chocolate cake is not only rich and delicious on its own, but it also includes chocolate chips.
PLUS were frosting the whole thing with chocolate buttercream, THEN smearing with dark chocolate ganache AND sprinkling with shaved dark chocolate bar.
A chocolate lovers dream!
Pro Tip: Microwave it for 20 to 30 seconds to get it all nice and warmeverything will melt together, generating the most insanely rich and fudgy brownie-like cake sex treat. Just trust. Put the slice in a bowl.
Im going to give it to you straight: baking the best gluten-free chocolate cake requires some time.
Rome wasnt erected in a day, people.
The good news is, you can do some multi-tasking. For instance, you can whip up the buttercream as the cake bakes, watch your programs on the tele, podcast it upreally get into it, you hear? The ganache takes 17 seconds to make, so dont freak out about it.
Youre still stuck on erected, arent you?
The way I see it, this recipe is fabulous for a special occasion. Think: birthday, anniversary, graduation, Valentines Day, the end of a pandemicto name a few.
How To Make The Best Gluten
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8-inch cake pans, line with parchment paper, then grease the parchment paper too.
Mix the coconut milk and vinegar together in a mixing bowl and set aside for 10 minutes. Add the Instant Coffee granules to a measuring cup and fill with 1 cup boiling water to make 1 cup of coffee . Set aside
Add the gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to a large bowl and whisk well until combined. Set aside.
If using chocolate chips, add them to a measuring cup with 2 teaspoons of flour and stir well to coat the chocolate chips in flour .
Add the avocado oil, eggs, and vanilla to the mixing bowl with the coconut milk and use an electric hand whisk to mix together wet ingredients on medium-high speed until combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients, add the hot water/coffee, and whisk or beat on low speed until the batter is completely combined. Stir in the chocolate chips until well combined.
Divide batter evenly between the two cake pans. Bake for 23-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove the cakes from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely in the spring form pans.
While the cakes are baking or cooling, prepare the chocolate buttercream .
Use the remaining buttercream to spread all over the cake you can go as liberal or conservative as youd like here depending on how much you love buttercream.
Also Check: Wilton Cake Pans Servings
The Most Important Part: The Flour Blend
The key to the texture of this cake is the flour blend youll make and not over baking it. Both matter a ton here.
The flour blend requires one specific ingredient you cannot substitute and get the final result pictured. I dont often tell you that you have to have a specialty ingredient but this superfine brown rice flour is the golden ticket.
It ensures your cake is smooth instead of gritty. Youll also need tapioca flour and potato starch but any brand works on those. I have them linked in the recipe as well.
These three items will make a LOT of cake or other gluten free baked items, so look at it as an investment in quality and your right to eat like everyone else for once.