Choosing The Right Shipping Method
Obviously, you want your cake to get to your client as fast as possible. A longer shipping time only means a bigger risk of your cake getting damaged.
Though the cake could probably last a one or two day shipping time, you should get same day shipping as often as possible. If you cant do this, your next best bet is overnight shipping.
This will minimize the shipping time and make sure your cake stays in good condition for your client.
How Do You Ship A Wedding Dress
So much has gone into choosing the right dress for the special day. Now it’s time to get the dress to the venue on time. Here are the key steps to follow when preparing and packing your dress:
- Keep the wedding dress hanging up and stored carefully in a cool, dry place until you’re ready to ship.
- Purchase a box that is just big enough to fit the dress, ensuring that no fine details will be damaged. You want to be sure that the dress cant move around the box while in transit, which could damage and crease it.
- Fold the arms of the dress carefully, placing acid-free tissue paper between every layer of fabric. This is particularly important if the dress has embellishments, as they may catch on the delicate fabric. Ensure that the dress is not crushed.
- If the dress has a train, handle it gently. Fold the left- and right-hand sides toward the center of the dress and roll up carefully, without bunching or crushing.
- Place the entire dress inside a clear plastic garment bag for shipment, then lay the bag in the box. If the bag is zippered, be careful not to snag the fabric as you zip it shut. Keep a hand gently underneath the zip as it closes to protect the dress.
- While the dress should fit snugly in your box, use bubble wrap for additional padding, if needed, to keep the dress from sliding around in transit. Close the box securely, using as much tape as required. Mark the box clearly with the words WEDDING DRESS.
How Do You Ship Jeans Or Pants
Whether you’re sending a pair of jeans as a gift or you’re delivering a consignment of pants to a retailer in another state, shipping jeans or pants is easy once you know how. Here are the steps to take to get your jeans or pants ready for shipping:
- First, determine how many pairs of jeans or pants you are shipping. This will help determine the type of packaging you should use. One pair can reasonably fit into the correct-sized poly mailer, which can be a cost-effective choice for shipping small quantities of clothes. However, multiple pairs will more than likely require a box.
- To fold pants or jeans, ensure they are smooth and lay them flat on a clean surface such as a table or counter. Fold the pants in half lengthwise and smooth them down, then proceed to fold the pants three or four times, smoothing and flattening as you go.
- Place the pants into the mailer or box. If youre sending multiple pairs, ensure the pants or jeans are stacked neatly on top of each other. As with shipping shirts, consider using individual plastic bags if the pants you’re shipping are new.
- Ensure that the box is adequate to hold the weight of the garments you’re mailing. Use bubble wrap or other suitable packing material to prevent the clothing from sliding around in transit. Then securely tape the mailer or box, making sure you have placed any paperwork inside first.
You’re now ready to get your shipment of jeans or pants on its way.
Helpful resources when shipping clothes
Ready to get started?
Don’t Miss: Finest Wedding Cake Steps
How To Prepare A Cake For Mailing
Depending on the size and shape of your cake, you will take a different approach when preparing for shipping. Here are some rules of thumb for the most popular types of cake:
Layer cakes: Freeze your layer cake prior to shipping. Be careful shipping cakes with frosting soft frostings or too much frosting may not travel well, and you want to avoid the cake smushing in transit. Stiffer icing is preferable where possible. For best practices, wrap a protective cake collar around the cake to protect the sides, then wrap the cake carefully in plastic. Place small sticks in several places on the top and sides of the cake, putting a little distance between the wrap and the icing.
Bundt and pound cakes:Freeze and then carefully place plastic wrap around these cakes prior to shipping. The sturdy shape and texture of Bundt and pound cakes make them easier to wrap in plastic without peeling off the outer layer of the cake when the wrap is removed. Securely wrap in plastic wrap, then again in aluminum foil.If you ca
Cheesecakes: Follow the guidelines above and be careful to protect the sides of the cake for shipping. You may also want to consider freezing individual slices and placing them in separate freezer bags for extra protection.
How To Cool Cakes
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.There are 7 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. This article has been viewed 381,276 times.Learn more…
Depending on what type of cake you are making and how long you have to cool it, there are several things to consider. If you cool your cake improperly you might end up with a cracked or soggy cake. Cooling your cake in the refrigerator is a quicker method, but you can also cool your cake on the countertop or in the oven. You can transfer your cake to a wire rack, let it cool in the pan, or even cool it upside down. Follow the tips and instructions in this tutorial in order to cool your cake quickly and efficiently based on the type of cake you are cooling.
Also Check: Gluten Free At Nothing Bundt Cakes
Ship Your Perishables Fast To Minimize Transit Time
For best results, plan for a maximum transit time of 30 hours. UPS Next Day Air® service is recommended, though UPS 2nd Day Air® shipping may be suitable for foods that require minimal temperature control. Ship early enough in the week so that your package will not sit over a weekend.Depending on what foods you are shipping and the size of the container, flat rate shipping using UPS 2nd Day Air® may be an option. Find out more about how UPS Simple Rate might work for you.
Leave The Shipping Details To Us
You can order a gourmet dessert delivery up to three weeks in advance from the current date. If you would like a date that is further out, please give us a call at
9012253. Simply select the day you would like your cakes to arrive, and well get them to you fresh and on time. We ship our cakes with FedEx 2-day or within most of Florida via FedEx Ground.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free At Nothing Bundt Cakes
Tips On Shipping Fruit
Padding and packing is particularly important when it comes to shipping fruit. Whether youre shipping from orchard to market or sending direct to consumer, you want the goods to arrive in the freshest condition.
Follow these quick tips for best results:
Want more information on how to ship fruit to preserve maximum freshness? Get expert advice from the packaging specialists at UPS.
Shipping perishables, including fruit, is available on a contractual basis with UPS for shippers with regular volumes who comply with the applicable requirements, including any interstate rules and regulations.
When Packing Keep Flavors Separated Bags And Containers Airtight And Everything Snug
Vitak packs her cookies in separate ziploc bags, often one big one for the majority of the cookies, and additional smaller bags for cookies with strong flavors. The biggest lesson Ive learned is that when you have several flavors in a bag for a few days, those flavors diffuse across all the cookies, she tells me. From her years of experience, shes learned to always separate lemon, coffee, ginger, mint, and almond-flavored cookies. She then squeezes as much air out of the ziploc bags as possible before sealing, places the bagged cookies in a shipping box, and surrounds the contents with bubble wrap or styrofoam packing peanuts.
Cookie tins are also an option, but they come with some limiting factors: namely, youre much more constrained in the number of cookies you can pack and the tin needs to be full to minimize movement, per Vitak.
Jannuzzis Cookies favors a similar packaging method: for each standard order, Rush packs a kraft paper bag typically one with a tin tie, although there are also ziploc varieties with a dozen cookies, seals the bag, and then slips it into a bubble wrap pouch, which then gets surrounded by a layer of tissue paper and tied off with bakers twine. Jannuzzis uses corrugated shipping boxes measured exactly to size from East Coast Packaging. Generic boxes are fine, too, says Rush just be sure to pad out the package with materials like tissue paper, kraft paper, inflated air pillows, newspapers, or even old rags and towels.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Nothing Bundt Cakes
To Retain The Most Freshness Use Priority Mail Express
This goes without saying, but getting your package to your recipient the fastest way possible is the best way to ensure your cookies and baked goods keep their freshness. USPS Priority Mail Express is the Postal Services fastest shipping service, with overnight delivery to most urban destinations, and 2-day delivery to and from rural locations. Its much more expensive than Priority Mail Cubic , but itll get your goods to your recipients much faster. Plus, if your package arrives after the guaranteed delivery time, its super easy to get a full refund for the cost of your postage!
Let Your Client Know Your Plan
As youre considering how to ship a cake, make sure your client knows what to expect. Tell them what kinds of cake you can ship, how long the shipping will take, and how they can expect the cake to arrive.
Because the cakes are frozen, your client should wait until the cakes thaw out and reach room temperature before eating.
Need some help shipping your cake quickly? Take a look at some of our services.
Read Also: Wedding Cake Steps For A Pool
How To Mail A Homemade Cake
If you want to send a loved one an edible pick-me-up, nothing says I love you like a homemade cake.
You may not get home this year for Grandmas birthday celebration, but that doesnt mean you cant contribute to the party. Whether mailing across a few miles or across the ocean, these easy shipping methods make sending a touch of home easy as pie. Plus, your baked goods will arrive just like it left your kitchen delicious!
How To Ship A Pound Cake
Pound cakes have been around for years and they still make a great treat during tea or coffee time! Traditionally made with a pound each of flour, butter, eggs, and sugar, the present-day pound cake comes in a variety of flavors such as vanilla, chocolate, cappuccino, cinnamon, and raspberry. They make wonderful gifts for any special occasion or just to surprise someone who loves cake! Just like any other cakes and baked goods, pound cakes must be properly packed before shipping to ensure that they arrive unspoiled and in one delicious piece! Heres how to properly pack and ship a pound cake.
If you are making the cake yourself, let it completely cool first before packing. It is also best to use a disposable aluminum pan when baking the cake so that the cake can be mailed together with the pan. The pan will provide extra protection against damage during shipping.
Use aluminum foil to wrap and protect the pound cake from the elements. Make sure to press the foil as close to the cake as you can without damaging the surface.
Get a cake box that is just a bit larger than the cake itself. Fill the gaps using bagged packing peanuts for cushioning. Close up the cake box and seal with packaging tape.
Place the cake box into a sturdy cardboard shipping box. Fill the spaces with packing peanuts up to the top of the box, making sure that the contents inside do not move around.
Close the shipping box and seal it closed with packing tape.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free At Nothing Bundt Cakes
Embrace Failures To Move Forward
These two attempts didnt discourage me from shipping my cakes but it did make me more cautious of taking orders that require shipment.
Proper packing methods and shipping techniques are important to me and my brand as I take pride in making sure every cake is able to successfully reach its destination in one piece. So it was interesting when I got a request in mid-June for a cake shipment.
Be Prepared To Spend A Pretty Penny
Theres no sugarcoating it: mailing cookies is not a cheap hobby. If people are going to mail a home-baked good as a gift, theyre doing it because they love doing it, and they know that the person will appreciate it theyre not doing this to save money, says Hedeman.
He recommends budgeting $10-$20 per package Vitak estimates that her packages cost $8-$15 each with USPS. The costs of packaging material can also add up, but its often more economical if you purchase in bulk. Split the materials and the costs with a friend, or save the remaining materials to use again next year.
You May Like: Buying Cake Pops Online
When Mailing Baked Goods Make Sure That:
Package Product In An Insulated Container
Arrange products inside the insulated container with a sufficient number of coolants on top of and around the product. Fill all empty space with packing material such as loosefill peanuts to prevent product movement. Close the liner bag securely.
FedEx does not recommend the use of wet ice as a refrigerant. If you believe wet ice is necessary, you must prepare it to prevent the leakage of any liquid, regardless of orientation.
- Double-bag seafood in minimum 2-mil plastic bags, with each bag individually sealed using the fold-over method.
- Double-bag the ice in minimum 2-mil plastic bags, with each bag individually sealed using the fold-over method.
- Line the insulated container using a minimum 2-mil watertight plastic bag.
- Place adequate absorbent material such as pads, cellulose wadding, or paper towels in the bottom of the foam container to absorb any liquids.
- Follow all other packaging requirements for seafood shipments.
- Ship via FedEx Priority Overnight service only.
Also Check: Mrs Fields Happy Birthday Cookie Cake